Your most controversial COD opinions

#111Sega9599Posted 2/6/2013 1:10:40 PM
supercoolisaac posted...
care package needs to be taken out.

remove all non FHJ launchers.

claymores and betties should be taken out.

about half the streaks (mostly big ones) should be removed from the game.

every gamemode should have a respawn delay.

tac inserts need to go.

dropshotting is a legitimate move that rewards skilled players.

the knife should be completely removed from the game.

hipfire should be doubled on every weapon class.

snipers should do zero damage if they successfully hit with no-scopes.

semi auto snipers should be taken out.

i think that's enough for now, and some of those probably aren't controversial but...yeah.

edit: oh, and lightweight can go **** itself

I didn't expect these weird opinions from you issac. No knife, not even ballistic? DOUBLE hipfire?
Quick scopes should do 0 damage?
And why remove betties?

I mean.....bah.
---
Waiting for Mirrors Edge 2 and a new 'proper' Shining Force.
#112MegaTape13Posted 2/6/2013 1:20:49 PM
webbc99 posted...
Killstreaks should not be able to be chained. Using a killstreak should consume the points requirement:

e.g. I have 500 points, use a UAV, and now I have 50 left.

This would make getting the really stupidly overpowered stuff actually balanced because you might never get to see them - it's a risk forgoing your UAV and Carepacking trying to go for your Stealth Chopper, rather than an inevitability that once you get enough for the UAV, it becomes easier and easier to get a longer kill streak.

note: above killstreaks are just examples, I don't have a problem with any of those. My problem is how easy it is to hop from one killstreak to the next because of how good the killstreaks are.

So basically Homefront, only the points reset upon death and no points from streaks?

I'm not sure how I feel about that. "Normal" players would only ever get/use UAVs, and a lot of intermediate or high killstreaks would be skipped completely since they aren't worth the sacrifice. It seems like you'd basically only see UAVs, VSATs, and the occasional hotshot going for a Swarm.

IMO, the better options would be either Homefront's approach (which has lots of problems...), or BO2's approach but with no score from streaks.
---
Oh the movie never ends...
GT: IHOP 13
#113RoketomanPosted 2/6/2013 1:25:03 PM
MegaTape13 posted...
webbc99 posted...
Killstreaks should not be able to be chained. Using a killstreak should consume the points requirement:

e.g. I have 500 points, use a UAV, and now I have 50 left.

This would make getting the really stupidly overpowered stuff actually balanced because you might never get to see them - it's a risk forgoing your UAV and Carepacking trying to go for your Stealth Chopper, rather than an inevitability that once you get enough for the UAV, it becomes easier and easier to get a longer kill streak.

note: above killstreaks are just examples, I don't have a problem with any of those. My problem is how easy it is to hop from one killstreak to the next because of how good the killstreaks are.

So basically Homefront, only the points reset upon death and no points from streaks?

I'm not sure how I feel about that. "Normal" players would only ever get/use UAVs, and a lot of intermediate or high killstreaks would be skipped completely since they aren't worth the sacrifice. It seems like you'd basically only see UAVs, VSATs, and the occasional hotshot going for a Swarm.

IMO, the better options would be either Homefront's approach (which has lots of problems...), or BO2's approach but with no score from streaks.

Homefront was a step in the right direction for a scorestreak type reward system. The only advantage BO2 has over Homefronts system is that the Hellstorm actually works unlike the white phosphorous.
---
Christ is Lord
#114Soul_On_DisplayPosted 2/6/2013 1:25:10 PM
I believe that the radar and UAVs should be completely removed. The only thing I would keep is the VSAT (which would place the radar back on temporarily during its use). If removing them is too crazy, then at least nerf UAVs even more.

People complain so much how things counter UAVs or how they're too hard to unlock, when I just laugh at the idea of how people have become to spoiled by it. People can no longer just find enemies with their eyes and ears. This makes the game worse for everyone since UAVs become crucial enough to the point how I am forced to stare at my radar than the center of my screen. I hate that.
---
Xbox Live: Eighth Element || PSN: Echo_Resonance || 3DS FC: 4012-3485-5071
~TL;DR? Don't care.~ || ~ World's #1 Camper Hater ~
#115patkelly929Posted 2/6/2013 1:40:32 PM
Explosive Damage should be that of MW2 with out Danger Close. They had the power necessary to kill, while at the same time not being too ridiculous.

It's an explosive, you should be able to kill with a grenade launcher or rocket launcher without a direct hit.
---
"Gary was here. Ash is a loser!" = Greatest Tramp Stamp Ever
#116namewitheldPosted 2/6/2013 1:55:46 PM
Remove killstreaks.

Increase player count to 20 in standard modes.

Make the maps more than just a series of corridors.

Add recoil and spread to all automatics.

Include an actual ballistics model.

Remove movement penalties and bonuses from weapon types.
#117MegaTape13Posted 2/6/2013 2:28:27 PM
patkelly929 posted...
Explosive Damage should be that of MW2 with out Danger Close. They had the power necessary to kill, while at the same time not being too ridiculous.

So BO1 explosives

namewitheld posted...
Remove killstreaks.

Increase player count to 20 in standard modes.

Make the maps more than just a series of corridors.

Add recoil and spread to all automatics.

Include an actual ballistics model.

Remove movement penalties and bonuses from weapon types.

We shall call it Bittlefeld!, and it will be grand; with lens flare and AMMO HERE and an excellent musical score such as BUDUM-BUM-BUHDUMPBUMP!
---
Oh the movie never ends...
GT: IHOP 13
#118DutchZombiePosted 2/6/2013 2:47:10 PM
COD2, COD4 and MW2 are all equally great games.