Quickscoping is a glitch?

#1DougEInstructorPosted 2/5/2013 3:22:03 PM
I was playing pubs and quickscoping this kid for days. Everytime I killed him he would scream into his mic (I love it when they scream lol). So back in the lobby he tells me I have no skill and that I am exploiting a "glitch" I just laughed cuz he has no idea what he was talking about. I told him to try it if its so easy but he just left the lobby lmao. Quickscoping takes precision marksmanship and quick reflexes. It is THE most skillful technique in this game PERIOD. Its no surprise that the #1 pro COD team (i.e. Optic) is a quickscoping clan.
#2HereticKitsunePosted 2/5/2013 3:23:19 PM
lol
---
mildare_el_rayo: What's the word I'm looking for, here? "An angsty person who loves to complain."
Calad:Squall?
#3DraconilianPosted 2/5/2013 3:23:40 PM
agreed until I heard "number 1 CoD team"

honestly, it's extremely easy, but not all that powerful. It's fun, more than anything, but most ARs are more consistent.

also, Assault Shield takes waaaaaay more skill, nice try though.
---
Petition to bring all the Black Ops 2 DLC to Wii U!
Signatures : 1
#4KabtheMentatPosted 2/5/2013 3:23:41 PM
I was playing pubs and quickscoping this kid for days. Everytime I killed him he would scream into his mic (I love it when they scream lol). So back in the lobby he tells me I have no skill and that I am exploiting a "glitch" I just laughed cuz he has no idea what he was talking about. I told him to try it if its so easy but he just left the lobby lmao. Quickscoping takes precision marksmanship and quick reflexes. It is THE most skillful technique in this game PERIOD. Its no surprise that the #1 pro COD team (i.e. Optic) is a quickscoping clan.

lol, not really.

It's not a glitch, but it's more or less abusing a game mechanic.
---
Big Money. Big Women. Big Fun.
I don't have a cocaine habit, I just like the way it smells.
#5mistersmashPosted 2/5/2013 3:30:11 PM
KabtheMentat posted...

lol, not really.

I thought quickscoping WAS an abuse of the aim assist game mechanic?
#6DougEInstructor(Topic Creator)Posted 2/5/2013 3:34:34 PM
mistersmash posted...
KabtheMentat posted...

lol, not really.

Its not.
#7slaveanselmoPosted 2/5/2013 3:37:39 PM
DougEInstructor posted...
mistersmash posted...
KabtheMentat posted...

lol, not really.

Its not.

Sure it is. Unless you do it with the aim assist off. Which I doubt.
---
I'm not changjng this signature until I feel like it.
#8fatclemenzaPosted 2/5/2013 3:38:25 PM(edited)
Its no surprise that the #1 pro COD team (i.e. Optic) is a quickscoping clan.

I think you're getting your facts crossed. Their competitive team doesn't snipe. Well, at least the ones who win tournaments.

But quickscoping isn't a glitch or anything like that. Its the same aiming as using any other gun.

You haven't heard of PC gaming, where quickscoping started?
---
Advertising signs, they con you into thinking you’re the one
That can do what’s never been done, that can win what’s never been won
#9Zero IXPosted 2/5/2013 3:42:42 PM
Sandy Ravage's awesome MW2 SPAS montages abuse aim assist as much or more than any quickscoper.

It's moronic to still claim quickscoping is only possible due to aim assist or that it's some kind of exploit. Every player uses a form of "dragscoping" (passing sights over enemy, firing when the motion becomes "sticky") when doing any aiming at all on a console.
---
"An Incandescent Revelation in a World of Darkened Forms"
The bird of Hermes is my name, eating my wings to make me tame
#10ImTooSkilleddPosted 2/5/2013 3:46:06 PM
slaveanselmo posted...
DougEInstructor posted...
mistersmash posted...
KabtheMentat posted...

lol, not really.

Its not.

So you're abusing the aim assist game mechanic as well when you use since ARs/SMGs...since you aren't using them with aim assist off.
---
XBL GT: PhysiKuL
"Please tell us again of the importance of being a pro Call of Duty player. I seemed to have missed that."