Quickscoping is a glitch?

#61dedbusPosted 2/5/2013 11:10:44 PM
I think it falls under system tampering on the report system.
#62DuwstaiPosted 2/5/2013 11:16:16 PM(edited)
Your slow kid... Quick scoping means to exploit a feature and shoot when the cross hairs meet, resulting in a one hit kill, which happens before a full zoom is completed.

Again you are missing the whole point. When you zoom in with a sniper rifle, due to the scope taking up the WHOLE screen, your crosshair at some point passes by the target, causing aim assist to follow them (aim assist can not follow unless it snaps on a target first) at that second you can get a kill, which happens before you are zoomed in. Really its not hard to figure out. Sorry but aim assist's kicks in the second you start to ADS. They don't have a timed delay in it to allow a full zoom or ADS.

Again there is ZERO need to do any dragging as aim assist will do it for you. You can think you need to do it but you don't.

But I am done trying to explain it as you keep talking about something different then quickscoping. Your arguements are base off "you suck" or "must not be able to do it" or explain something else and call it something different, which means you have no clue what your talking about, or your too hard headed to admit quickscoping is much much easier in this game, due to aim assist.

You have no idea what you are talking about.

You have a serious misunderstanding of aim assist and how it functions. I dont know how many times I have had to explain this to you.

This is the dumbest thing Ive ever heard. Quickscoping is not an automatic kill. Go try it yourself your aim has to be on point. All those gameplays and montages are cherry picked out of dozens of games. You dont see the games where they miss over and over.

Quickscoping does not equate to a kill as long as the player is on your screen or within the entirety of the scope. They have to be in the exact center of the scope. That visual representation of the crosshair coming from the ends of the screen and closing towards the middle is completely visual. It is just for aesthetics. The aim assist only affects around the very center of the screen, where the cross hair will be. The aim assist kicks in immediately but will ALWAYS be at the very pin point center of the screen.

When you go to quickscope your aim will not be pulled to the left or right as you are zooming in. It will stay directly straight, it will not follow the player. That is nonsense and all you need to do is try it yourself in multiplayer to see. That aim snap only works in single player.

This is the dumbest thing Ive ever heard, yet Ive heard the same idiotic argument since CoD4 and its always been wrong.

And again, quickscopers do not shoot before the scope even visually comes up, that is lag in the kill cam.

Go test is out yourself split screen. Align someone a few feet to the left of the center of the screen.. Clearly outside the cross hair, then zoom in, initially, since they are right next to the crosshair, they will be within the scope as its first opening as the scope comes from the corners of the screen (taking up nearly the entire screen). According to you this will follow them and result in a made shot. This will not happen. The fact that you keep saying this when its so easy to prove wrong is laughable.

You have proven over and over that you have no idea what you are talking about, and apparently you are illiterate to boot. I tried to give you a comparison between quickscoping and normally aiming where you need to drag your aim onto the enemy, and you tried to claim my entire post was about drag scoping. Im not sure if you just are incapable of reading, or you realized you were wrong and tried to save face... but either way you come off like a dolt.

I have discussed in detail exactly what quickscoping is, how it functions, and how it relates to aim assist, and you keep posting nonsense.
---
balls
#63Blizzard09Posted 2/6/2013 12:12:54 AM
Again you arguement is based off the guy being anywhere on the screen. No you still need to be close to middle of cross hair. I really can't explain it anymore about tracking with aim assist. Have you ever been aiming and had someone run by and your crosshair pulls towards them a bit? yes of course, and you can see it happen in kill cams. That pull is the aim assist snapping and tracking the target. Now when you zoom in using a sniper rifle that snap and tracking happens a larger scale due to the whole screen changing, which allows for crosshairs to go from outside the scope to the inside. Well there is a type of crosshair that you can't see called a hit box cursor. That is where your bullet will hit (which the crosshair you can see ends up after the zoom is complete. That hit box cursor is larger at a point of zooming in, so even if you are off target the snap and tracking with make it on target and that is the point in when you want to shoot. Does it mean a kill everytime? No but the odds of missing are taken down because at that time your hit box cursor is larger. There is a reason why most of the time when you zoom up on enemy you are closer to the mid chest level hen anything. You mean to tell me you use a sniper rifle alot and always wondered why your crosshair ends around chest level. Go play a Counter strike game where quickscoping actually is very hard to do. Even trying to deny that aim assist doesn't help is mind blowing, since ever CoD game aim assist has became more and more helpful and guess what? Quickscoping has become more easy and more used as each CoD game comes out.

Thats the last time I will try and explain it... Then again your the kid that said lag comp made people do poorly and yet you refused to listen to what was right there and well now people have smashed that scapegoat that it actually messes everyone over. Its the same thing here, you refuse to see what's in front of you because you want to believe your quick scoping is 100% skill when its not and is easier in this game then others.

Next your going to argue that SMG's are not the best type of weapons suited for these maps.
---
Mods = Kids to young for this board.
#64scrilla_oPosted 2/6/2013 12:21:35 AM
Blizzard09 posted...
Again you arguement is based off the guy being anywhere on the screen. No you still need to be close to middle of cross hair. I really can't explain it anymore about tracking with aim assist. Have you ever been aiming and had someone run by and your crosshair pulls towards them a bit? yes of course, and you can see it happen in kill cams. That pull is the aim assist snapping and tracking the target. Now when you zoom in using a sniper rifle that snap and tracking happens a larger scale due to the whole screen changing, which allows for crosshairs to go from outside the scope to the inside. Well there is a type of crosshair that you can't see called a hit box cursor. That is where your bullet will hit (which the crosshair you can see ends up after the zoom is complete. That hit box cursor is larger at a point of zooming in, so even if you are off target the snap and tracking with make it on target and that is the point in when you want to shoot. Does it mean a kill everytime? No but the odds of missing are taken down because at that time your hit box cursor is larger. There is a reason why most of the time when you zoom up on enemy you are closer to the mid chest level hen anything. You mean to tell me you use a sniper rifle alot and always wondered why your crosshair ends around chest level. Go play a Counter strike game where quickscoping actually is very hard to do. Even trying to deny that aim assist doesn't help is mind blowing, since ever CoD game aim assist has became more and more helpful and guess what? Quickscoping has become more easy and more used as each CoD game comes out.

Thats the last time I will try and explain it... Then again your the kid that said lag comp made people do poorly and yet you refused to listen to what was right there and well now people have smashed that scapegoat that it actually messes everyone over. Its the same thing here, you refuse to see what's in front of you because you want to believe your quick scoping is 100% skill when its not and is easier in this game then others.

Next your going to argue that SMG's are not the best type of weapons suited for these maps.

can't tell if trolling.
---
Underground rap > mainstream rap
This is not opinion it's FACT, if you disagree you NEED to get slapped
#65DuwstaiPosted 2/6/2013 12:36:15 AM
Again you arguement is based off the guy being anywhere on the screen. No you still need to be close to middle of cross hair.

No he would need to be literally touching the center of the screen, where the cross hair would end up when finished with its zoom in animation.

I really can't explain it anymore about tracking with aim assist. Have you ever been aiming and had someone run by and your crosshair pulls towards them a bit? yes of course, and you can see it happen in kill cams. That pull is the aim assist snapping and tracking the target.

You have no idea how aim assist works. Just stop talking.

That is not the aim assist "snapping to the target". A person literally runs by the center of your screen, thus for a moment, is in the dead center of the crosshair, where sticky aim THEN activates and gets dragged for a brief moment.

But what it will not under any circumstances do, is take your aim from OFF the player and place it ON the player. Once the aim is ON the player (which either you need to do yourself, or they by running into your crosshair for you), THEN it will "stick" to them making it easier to keep your aim on them. Which is all it does.

It does NOT aim for you. This is basic 101 aim assist on consoles. It has been the same for over a decade. You have no idea how it works, nor do you have any idea how any of this works. I cant tell if you are trolling or just particularly dense.

Now when you zoom in using a sniper rifle that snap and tracking happens a larger scale due to the whole screen changing, which allows for crosshairs to go from outside the scope to the inside.

I have already explained how this is false.

a) As said before, there is no "snap". That "tracking" only happens when the enemy is already in your crosshair, meaning you would have to do had aimed perfectly on them for it to initiate.

b) Again, That screen changing is COMPLETELY VISUAL. Is just for aesthetics, it has nothing to do with how the aim assist works. How many times must I say this completely obvious and simple point before it gets through to you?

From the very second you initiate that scope, aim assist only works at the very center of the scope, that vision of the crosshairs coming from the outside of the screen towards the center is just visual.

To test this, go ahead. Aim just next to a person and try to quickscope them. They will still be well within your crosshair but because of these two preceding factors (sticky aim only initiating once on target, and aim assist only activating in the exact center of the crosshair), you will miss.

Anyone who has ever quickscoped could tell you this. You are talking out of your ass and making a complete fool of yourself.

Well there is a type of crosshair that you can't see called a hit box cursor. That is where your bullet will hit (which the crosshair you can see ends up after the zoom is complete. That hit box cursor is larger at a point of zooming in, so even if you are off target the snap and tracking with make it on target and that is the point in when you want to shoot.

This is nonsense, do you seriously think they would implement this into the game? The hitbox cursor is and always will be only the very center of the scope. Again, that vision of the crosshairs coming from the outside of the screen towards the center is visual, and always has been. It is NOT larger at the point of zooming in, and (as previously mentioned), there is no snap targeting in multiplayer.

cont
---
balls
#66Oranges2OrangesPosted 2/6/2013 12:40:21 AM
Quickscoping is for tools. The same people that ran after the sniper in Halo 2 all those years ago and would betray teammates for it.
---
No Condom i8.photobucket.com/albums/a2/IncredibleHoke/WCWfacepalm.png
Taylor Swift is the greatest musician ever and that's a fact IMO!
#67DuwstaiPosted 2/6/2013 12:44:12 AM
There is a reason why most of the time when you zoom up on enemy you are closer to the mid chest level hen anything. You mean to tell me you use a sniper rifle alot and always wondered why your crosshair ends around chest level.

Is this a joke? Its because people run around with their reticule at relatively chest height. That and they AIM FOR THE CHEST. Why? Because that is where the one hit kill has its biggest hit box, due to the structure of the human body. And also for that very reason, is the place where there is the largest area with sticky aim, making it easier to keep your aim on that part of the body. It is strongest at the chest.

That does NOT mean it will aim there for you, again, it just makes it easier for you to put it there and keep it there.

Go play a Counter strike game where quickscoping actually is very hard to do. Even trying to deny that aim assist doesn't help is mind blowing, since ever CoD game aim assist has became more and more helpful and guess what? Quickscoping has become more easy and more used as each CoD game comes out.

That is because hitboxes are bigger on console thanks to the inaccuracies of the joystick. It has nothing to do with quickscoping being an abuse of aim assist. Look at any CoD quickscoping montage on PC, it looks identical because it is for all intents and purposes the same thing. Only there is a lack of drag scoping, but again, that isnt what we are talking about.

Thats the last time I will try and explain it... Then again your the kid that said lag comp made people do poorly and yet you refused to listen to what was right there and well now people have smashed that scapegoat that it actually messes everyone over.

What are you babbling on about? I barely even come to this board and have never engaged in bashing my head into a wall, I mean entering a discussion, with you.

But this was a cute way to try and shift focus away from you having no idea what you are talking about. Lets try a false equivalency (like a politician), "Well yeah Im wrong about this, but you were wrong about this other thing! See we are equal!"

No.
Its the same thing here, you refuse to see what's in front of you because you want to believe your quick scoping is 100% skill when its not and is easier in this game then others.

Quickscoping was never particularly difficult, and I hate trick shotters.

But Im not going to be a total moron and completely misrepresent it by claiming its an abuse of the aim assist. Because that is downright false. Again, way to try and shift focus.

*sigh*
---
balls
#68Blizzard09Posted 2/6/2013 1:14:39 AM
Duwstai posted...

a) As said before, there is no "snap". That "tracking" only happens when the enemy is already in your crosshair, meaning you would have to do had aimed perfectly on them for it to initiate.

b) Again, That screen changing is COMPLETELY VISUAL. Is just for aesthetics, it has nothing to do with how the aim assist works. How many times must I say this completely obvious and simple point before it gets through to you?

From the very second you initiate that scope, aim assist only works at the very center of the scope, that vision of the crosshairs coming from the outside of the screen towards the center is just visual.

Snapping HAS to happen for aim assist to work. You can not have aim assist without the snapping, its impossible and can't done (thought the snapping in single player is much much different.) The fact you do not know that makes any arguement fails in your eyes. You have to come to terms with that part.

You are basing your whole arguement on visuals kid. I can't explain a hit box cursor any easier to you, because you can't see it means its not there, which your whole defence to is its visual when its not visual it has ZERO to do with anything visual period. The visual is a matter of reference point. Its the same thing with headglitching, from your gun changing from third person (hip) to first person (ADS/Zooming, though its zooming we are talking about) When the game changes from hip to zoom (or third to first person from a out side view) the hit box cursor is larger (visual reference would be as the scope comes up, to almost fully zoomed. At that time your hit box cursor (which visually would your crosshair when you are done zooming) its larger as it has not switched fully from hip to zoom making that area larger. When your target passes through or you move, it snaps on that target (which means he has passes by the hit box cursor and it snapped onto the hit box detection marker)(your target) leading to tracking (you end up closer to your target after finishing your zone, asuming the target is moving. At the point where the hit box cursor snaps, is the point you want to shoot as tracking has started to happen, so before you can visually see anything you are on target. Given that your targets move you can miss if he passes through. This is were dragging comes into effect, which is player correcting. Before that aim assist will drag for you but only for a split second. Go by a good modded controller and look at the mappings. there is a special setting for CoD quickscoping that takes advantage of the larger hit boxes and will shoot for you increasing your chances of getting that kill. Even without a modded controller that snap and target tracking increase your odds of getting that shot. If you can time that snap (and have it happen every time) you will get a kill every time. Now its like timing a stop light turning green everytimes as the visuals can't be used as they are just a reference point to when it happens and can happen at anytime between switching. I can't explain it any easier to you as I just broke it down for you.

Again like I said I had a huge arguement like this with you on lag comp and how it didn't make you die that it was a scapegoat and then you failed to see what I was saying (so did many others) but in the end it turned out to be proven to be netcode and general lag that did it. So I know you will just use some lame way to try and deny it like you did with lag comp.
---
#69Blizzard09Posted 2/6/2013 1:28:47 AM(edited)
But anyways that was my last post on it as if you think you know so much about how hitbox detection and hit box cursors act with aim assist (which you outlook on aim assist is wrong in the first place) then you say to your knowledge that hit box detection and hot box cursors are fake and made up by me of course, and that aim assist is kinda tossed in there but does very little.

Its kinda like explaining God to a atheist and vice versa.
---
#70DuwstaiPosted 2/6/2013 1:29:50 PM
Snapping HAS to happen for aim assist to work.

You have to be trolling.

There is no snapping with aim assist in multiplayer you dolt. Its sticky aim. It only slows down your aim when your crosshairs go over the enemy. It doesnt place it there for you.

This is elementary. For anyone reading, go test it out yourself in multiplayer. There is only aim snap in single player (and perhaps zombies I dont play it).

You are basing your whole arguement on visuals kid. I can't explain a hit box cursor any easier to you, because you can't see it means its not there,

You are illiterate. I never said hit box cursors arent there. As evidenced by this:

The hitbox cursor is and always will be only the very center of the scope. Again, that vision of the crosshairs coming from the outside of the screen towards the center is visual, and always has been. It is NOT larger at the point of zooming in, and (as previously mentioned),

I was just explaining to you that you have a misunderstanding of where the hitbox actually is, and how it functions. Not that it doesnt exist... lol

Here I will slow it down for you. The part that is visual is where you bring up the scope, and you see the crosshairs come from the outside of the screen to the center. That is just for aesthetics you dolt. The second you engage the crosshair (hit box cursor) it functions as if its dead center. The hitbox cursor is not larger when you first zoom in this is completely ridiculous and nonsensical.

All you need to do is test it out yourself. Again, aim slightly next to a person, zoom, their body will take up the entire screen. Meaning according to you, they will be within the enlarged hit box cursor, Where this "aim snap" should engage. It wont. You will still miss. Any moron with a copy of the game can prove this to be false.

Again, you only think this because you have a fundamental misunderstanding of the games mechanics. Mainly aim assist and how the hit box cursor functions during zoom. But dont worry, I am here to educate you.

This guy cant even read or understand my very simple posts. People are supposed to believe that those huge blocks are grammar-less nonsense are supposed to hold any knowledge in them? Lol.

The visual is a matter of reference point. Its the same thing with headglitching, from your gun changing from third person (hip) to first person (ADS/Zooming, though its zooming we are talking about) When the game changes from hip to zoom (or third to first person from a out side view) the hit box cursor is larger (visual reference would be as the scope comes up, to almost fully zoomed. At that time your hit box cursor (which visually would your crosshair when you are done zooming) its larger as it has not switched fully from hip to zoom making that area larger.

When it comes to the hitbox cursor is never switches from the hip to your head. This is so god damn stupid. If this were true it would be impossible to headglitch whlie spraying for the hip, which of course doesnt happen. From an outside perspective bullets always come from your head, only the animation changes, which again, is for aesthetics so other players dont look ridiculous.

The coding is different when spraying from the hip, but the hit box cursor never changes place on you. Again, only the visuals are different. Its for aesthetics.
---
balls