How would you tweak the FAL+select fire?

#31Wookie_Is_BackPosted 2/5/2013 10:08:22 PM
ItIsAPsyBorg posted...
objectively and subjectively.

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.
#32HeartlessCharmsPosted 2/5/2013 10:27:01 PM
Faust_8 posted...
Why does it need tweaking??

FAL and Select Fire FAL literally can do the exact same things.

You might as well ask how you would tweak the Reflex Sight FAL.

I have 581 kills with the FAL with a 3.04 k/d. The next k/d with a gun over 500 is 2.13.
I only use the FAL with SF and have barely started using it after the patch.

It still doesn't need tweaking?
---
All I have in life is my new appetite for failure.
#33duericPosted 2/5/2013 10:34:53 PM
Faust_8 posted...
Yes, but you're missing the point. The fact that some people like the SF isn't enough to say that the auto FAL is overpowered. Which is why this particular topic was made.

Because that's like saying that a Reflex Sight is overpowered. It doesn't change the gun, just makes it a bit easier for some to use. Well, that's pretty much the same thing as the auto FAL--it isn't really any different, but perhaps its a little easier to use.

So I really don't care if people want to use SF, I can even kind of understand it, I just care when people try to argue that the auto FAL is inexplicably in need of nerfing.

You've been interpreting my arguments as if I'm looking down on anyone that uses the auto FAL, but I'm not. I think it's a waste but whatever, that's my opinion. I've only been arguing that it's insanely inconsistent to think the auto FAL is somehow OP.

The FAL is either OP or it isn't, no one can just say the regular FAL is fine but the auto FAL is OP when they literally have the same stats in every category.

Wait, this topic is implying the FAL is OP? Holy s*** that went right over my head.

IMO,it's 10x worse than the SMR nowadays and I pretty much took it out of my rotation.

I thought that was the common concencus post patch. LOL
---
"It's like people using the internet have never heard of the internet." - SadHillShowdown Gamefaqs member
#34lolcharizardPosted 2/5/2013 10:45:12 PM
HeartlessCharms posted...
Faust_8 posted...
Why does it need tweaking??

FAL and Select Fire FAL literally can do the exact same things.

You might as well ask how you would tweak the Reflex Sight FAL.

I have 581 kills with the FAL with a 3.04 k/d. The next k/d with a gun over 500 is 2.13.
I only use the FAL with SF and have barely started using it after the patch.

It still doesn't need tweaking?

This type of argument can be used on every weapon/fighter in a competitive game. The FAL does need a damage nerf though.
---
Mike Dawson never returned to the carnival, ever again.
#35wehomiesPosted 2/5/2013 11:01:52 PM(edited)
yep