The B23R is really terrible. . .

#1GtWthTheProgramPosted 2/5/2013 7:03:57 PM
I don't know why anyone thought this weapon was any good.

The KAP-40 has the same magazine size and also has the benefit of not being burst fire (which thanks to a combination of flinch, strange series indiosyncrasies around visual vs. actual recoil, and now lag comp, is strictly inferior to automatic and single fire), and the TAC-45 and Five-SeveN are outrageously excellent, the former featuring more damage than the B23R at the expense of a barely diminished clip and the huge benefit of being single fire, and the latter having a larger mag, more damage, and the huge benefit of single fire.

It's my last pistol to go for gold, and I am ****ing hating it.
#2ImTooSkilleddPosted 2/5/2013 7:04:50 PM
It's really not though.
---
XBL GT: PhysiKuL
"Please tell us again of the importance of being a pro Call of Duty player. I seemed to have missed that."
#3BipBapBamPosted 2/5/2013 7:05:12 PM
Yup. It's really really bad. You should totally never use it again.

Please.

:D
---
I'm careless, but I care.
GT: Noitrez
#4DraconilianPosted 2/5/2013 7:05:15 PM
GtWthTheProgram posted...
I don't know why anyone thought this weapon was any good.

The KAP-40 has the same magazine size and also has the benefit of not being burst fire (which thanks to a combination of flinch, strange series indiosyncrasies around visual vs. actual recoil, and now lag comp, is strictly inferior to automatic and single fire), and the TAC-45 and Five-SeveN are outrageously excellent, the former featuring more damage than the B23R at the expense of a barely diminished clip and the huge benefit of being single fire, and the latter having a larger mag, more damage, and the huge benefit of single fire.

It's my last pistol to go for gold, and I am ****ing hating it.

that last sentence implies the Executioner is better than the B23R

also, B23R is amazing if you can aim and don't just spray.
---
Petition to bring all the Black Ops 2 DLC to Wii U!
Signatures : 1
#5elchris79Posted 2/5/2013 7:05:32 PM
It's crap, apart from 99% of the time when it's awesome.
#6brawl4funPosted 2/5/2013 7:07:02 PM
3/10

Good Effort :D
---
GT: PeskyBurrito2 Honk Honk!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5QcbvM0Ng1w
#7KabtheMentatPosted 2/5/2013 7:09:53 PM
I dunno. Depends on what you use it for. The thing about BO2 is that there are a lot of guns that are statistically better than others on paper. In practice is varies greatly because of crap you can't control like recoil patterns, connections, lag, etc.

I find the B23R is a decent back up for the FAL, and I typically use it as a room clearer, or if I'm in tight quarters such as the inside stairs in Express. I suppose the KAP would be better in that role, but I find I blow through the mag and ammo too quickly to take out more than one person while I'm clearing the room. Don't have that problem with the B23R.

That said, all of the pistols, except the Executioner, are all good weapons.
---
Big Money. Big Women. Big Fun.
I don't have a cocaine habit, I just like the way it smells.
#8Blizzard09Posted 2/5/2013 7:14:15 PM(edited)
A pistol that shoots 3 round bursts, and needs three hits so kill.... What is not to love? I prefer the TAC myself but I mean B23R is a sweet pistol. (now could be wrong on the 3 hits as I don't use it much, if for some reason I am wrong, my bad, but I think its 3 hits or one burst.)
---
Mods = Kids to young for this board.
#9KabtheMentatPosted 2/5/2013 7:14:47 PM
No, you're right. It's a 3 hit kill within range. So it'll drop someone in a single burst. But like all pistols the range is terrible and eventually takes like 6 shots
---
Big Money. Big Women. Big Fun.
I don't have a cocaine habit, I just like the way it smells.
#10GtWthTheProgram(Topic Creator)Posted 2/5/2013 7:21:41 PM
KabtheMentat posted...
No, you're right. It's a 3 hit kill within range. So it'll drop someone in a single burst. But like all pistols the range is terrible and eventually takes like 6 shots

There is a huge difference between the B23R and the other pistols though, and that is that (aside from the fact that the Five-Seven and Tac-45 actually do more damage and have a lower time to kill) that range takes much farther to drop off and the recoil while you're at it is negligible.

The Five-Seven strictly dominates the B23R, which is only saved from being solidly worst in class by the executioner, which was easier to gold and more fun to use.

If you think the B23R is good, then give yourself a pat on the back for doing well with a **** weapon (even though in all likelihood your stats actually suck on you only think you did well), and go murder some people with the vastly superior Five-Seven and Tac-45.