Your favorite weapons to take into Hardcore? (The LSAT is biblical)

#1StormthornPosted 2/5/2013 7:19:00 PM
Assault Rifle: SMR (Now with best damage AND range in its class!) or the Sig...SWAT-556

SMG: Chicom (usually with long-barrel and laser sight for multi-range engagment)

Sniper: I dont use these in Hardcore. I use the SMR to snipe

LMG: LSAT. Here...Armaments 4:6 "Take up this LMG, son-of-Rambo, blessed by the prophets that you might know its ammunition count. With this in hand smite the unbeliever through the walls and cover of chest height, so say'th The LORD."

Shotgun: The pump action ones. Either of them. But I rarely use these in HC.

Pistol: The TAC-45 and B23 are tied here for me. In general I prefer the B23 if it's the only weapon im taking, and the .45 as a backup, because I feel it performs better naked while the B23 performs better when you dress it up pretty.

Other: Riot Shield, because why not.
#2KabtheMentatPosted 2/5/2013 7:21:15 PM
I sometimes accidentally go into hardcore and when that happens I just use the FAL.
---
Big Money. Big Women. Big Fun.
I don't have a cocaine habit, I just like the way it smells.
#3Wookie_Is_BackPosted 2/5/2013 7:27:41 PM
Anything BUT a LMG, the SMR, DSR, Ballista, Remmington, or KSG.
#4Stormthorn(Topic Creator)Posted 2/5/2013 8:10:56 PM
Wookie_Is_Back posted...
Anything BUT a LMG, the SMR, DSR, Ballista, Remmington, or KSG.

I can see the DSR or Ballista.

I think the SMR and Hardcore are a perfect fit. The SMR has a slow firing speed but the time it takes to get off the first shot is the same as all the other ARs, and since it kills in one shot, through light cover, at any range in the game...one shot is all you need. Other rifles can get hit markers at long range or if you try to shoot through a wall.
#5Wookie_Is_BackPosted 2/5/2013 8:13:33 PM
That's why I don't shoot through walls unless I have time for an extra shot/bullet. Idk what this game considers light cover, but the SMR gave me a hitmarker on Downhill through a panel of the gondola office, and I decided to never use it again. Plus the weapon is just clunky IMO.