Debating buying another copy of game.

#21Net Shark(Topic Creator)Posted 2/6/2013 7:03:05 AM
Quote:problem is you'll be buying the dlc again if you've got season pass, or have already bought the pack. it's stupid.
@Shadonic
Not really he plays on the first Xbox which the DLC was bought on and I play on the second with my gamer tag that owns the DLC. All DLC works that way. No need to rebuy DLC.
---
Andy Reid thought he was going to KFC not KC. :)
#22WOT BSPosted 2/6/2013 8:55:02 AM
if you've got a red box or brick and mortar rental store try it from there first and see how the connectivity is with your setup. i've had gamebreaking lag / connectivity problems doing this with mw3
---
GT: Extract Hz
#23majormPosted 2/6/2013 3:13:44 PM
Net Shark posted...
Quote:problem is you'll be buying the dlc again if you've got season pass, or have already bought the pack. it's stupid.
@Shadonic
Not really he plays on the first Xbox which the DLC was bought on and I play on the second with my gamer tag that owns the DLC. All DLC works that way. No need to rebuy DLC.

I believe that even if you actually have the DLC on the hard drive, you can not access it unless you are using the gamer tag of the account you purchased it with.

So I think if you want to both play DLC maps on each Xbox, you will have to purchase it again with his account.

I'd love to be wrong but I don't think I am.
---
Five million Cybermen, easy. One Doctor...now you're scared.
#24UraRenge2005Posted 2/6/2013 3:24:15 PM
ThankMeNowBLEHH posted...
go to gamestop

buy a used black ops 2 game

go home

take any of your old call of duty games of your choice

swap it with black ops 2

get refund at gamestop.

gamestop guy will never know the difference. >=P

This has not and will not ever work on me.
---
Good for you! Why in the world would you buy a colored TV when the B&W works just fine! Those SDTV elitists should learn money doesn't grow on trees.
#25Net Shark(Topic Creator)Posted 2/6/2013 3:46:26 PM
Quote:Net Shark posted...
@Shadonic

I believe that even if you actually have the DLC on the hard drive, you can not access it unless you are using the gamer tag of the account you purchased it with.

So I think if you want to both play DLC maps on each Xbox, you will have to purchase it again with his account.

@majorm
You are wrong. Anyone on the first Xbox can access the DLC because the license to it is on that one. However my Gamer tag is also recognized as the DLC owner so I can get it on the second. We do it all the time with Minecraft. Actually he can access all DLC on the second Xbox when I'm not on by signing my GT in and letting it run in the background and signing his GT in also. He took the second Xbox to his grams was able to play this way.
---
#26majormPosted 2/6/2013 4:43:11 PM(edited)
Net Shark posted...
@Shadonic

@majorm
You are wrong. Anyone on the first Xbox can access the DLC because the license to it is on that one. However my Gamer tag is also recognized as the DLC owner so I can get it on the second. We do it all the time with Minecraft. Actually he can access all DLC on the second Xbox when I'm not on by signing my GT in and letting it run in the background and signing his GT in also. He took the second Xbox to his grams was able to play this way.

Sure. He CAN play DLC you've purchased as long as he signs in your GT when you're not using it. But you're talking about both of you playing the game together right? If you're signed in and playing, he can't access DLC that has not been purchased with his GT/account. Even if it's on the console's HD. DLC is tied to the Gamertag/account that purchased it. Not the console.

So I'm telling you, if you want to play Black Ops 2 online together, and want to play the new map pack; you both have to own it.

---
#27Net Shark(Topic Creator)Posted 2/6/2013 4:29:18 PM
@Shadonic

@majorm

DLC is tied to the Gamertag/account that purchased it. Not the console. Minecraft may be different. I've never played it.

@majorm
Doing it now we both can play with one set of DLC. Also DLC is tied to the gamer tag that bought it and the console it was bought on. He plays all my DLC on console on while I'm on console two and can access same DLC. Trust me I know how to work the DLC and one set of DLC is all you need.
---
#28Net Shark(Topic Creator)Posted 2/6/2013 5:47:20 PM
Update: I got two copies Best Buy had a used one for $49.00. Better than GameStop and the disk is perfect. I forgot I had a $ 25 Best Buy gift card left over from Christmas. So that helped my head justify owning two copies. All works good no connection issues and one DLC works perfect. You just have to know the DLC rules which I do well. Now we just have to learn to boost each other!! J/k well for now anyway. I thank all for so such a positive topic. I hate reading all the hate this board generates.
---
#29majormPosted 2/7/2013 7:46:23 AM(edited)
Cool. Glad it is working for you. I'll have to try what you said and see if I can get the one DLC thing to work. It never has for me before but I'll try it like you're talking about and see.

Two copies is the way to go if you guys like to play online together a lot. I don't hesitate to get 2 of a game my son and I will play together.

---
#30Net Shark(Topic Creator)Posted 2/7/2013 7:58:06 AM
Which ever Xbox the purchase was made on will have the license rights thus everyone on that Xbox has access. Now if you go on another Xbox with the GT that purchased the DLC and re down load from your history you both can now play it. You have to understand the original GT that bought it on the first Xbox ( in this case me) Has to be playing on the second Xbox.
---