Why is MW2 suddenly considered good

#1stixzillaPosted 2/6/2013 1:06:37 AM
I'll admit that I'm a casual cod fan. I buy the new games a few weeks/months after it comes out and I don't play into it as much as a lot of the board here... but where did all this love for MW2 come from???

Last time I checked, MW2 was the epitome of everything that is wrong with COD. When I was playing it back in college, I can't remember anyone that had anything nice to say about that game. The maps, noob toobs, OMA/DC, commando, nuke camping, boosting, and so on was so rampant in that game, it was almost impossible to play it and enjoy it for more than 20 minutes

Why is it that whenever a new game comes out, people suddenly have nostalgia for what they used to hate? I seriously see posts all over other gaming websites calling MW2 the best COD in the series, and it seriously blows my mind... thoughts?
---
Join in on live CoD/Fallout gameplay
www.twitch.tv/ke7chum
#2Made_of_failPosted 2/6/2013 1:08:24 AM
stixzilla posted...
I'll admit that I'm a casual cod fan

---
Failing to succeed does not mean failing to progress.
#3TheChrisRichterPosted 2/6/2013 1:11:19 AM
Because when you shot people they died.
---
You sucka's like die!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=waE2WCdpF7E Yes it's me!
#4arena11Posted 2/6/2013 1:12:39 AM
stixzilla posted...
I'll admit that I'm a casual cod fan. I buy the new games a few weeks/months after it comes out and I don't play into it as much as a lot of the board here... but where did all this love for MW2 come from???

Last time I checked, MW2 was the epitome of everything that is wrong with COD. When I was playing it back in college, I can't remember anyone that had anything nice to say about that game. The maps, noob toobs, OMA/DC, commando, nuke camping, boosting, and so on was so rampant in that game, it was almost impossible to play it and enjoy it for more than 20 minutes

Why is it that whenever a new game comes out, people suddenly have nostalgia for what they used to hate? I seriously see posts all over other gaming websites calling MW2 the best COD in the series, and it seriously blows my mind... thoughts?

Suddenly? I always thought it was the best.
#5stixzilla(Topic Creator)Posted 2/6/2013 1:16:38 AM
TheChrisRichter posted...
Because when you shot people they died.

that's not true and you know it lol

every cod game since Cod4 "OMG I SHOT THAT GUY LIKE 4 TIMES"
---
Join in on live CoD/Fallout gameplay
www.twitch.tv/ke7chum
#6Soul_On_DisplayPosted 2/6/2013 1:17:03 AM
arena11 posted...
Suddenly? I always thought it was the best.

This. MW2 is objectively superior when it comes to the finer details. This is disregarding the noob tubing and other obvious stuff, however,
---
Xbox Live: Eighth Element || PSN: Echo_Resonance || 3DS FC: 4012-3485-5071
~TL;DR? Don't care.~ || ~ World's #1 Camper Hater ~
#7__redxiii__Posted 2/6/2013 1:17:25 AM
I played the %$&# out of it for 3rd person. W@W is the best imo. Loved the tank maps the most. I thought it had the best atmosphere. SMG classes felt like commandos and then you had your anti-tank classes. W@W was a sniper's dream too.
#8arena11Posted 2/6/2013 1:20:16 AM
__redxiii__ posted...
I played the %$&# out of it for 3rd person. W@W is the best imo. Loved the tank maps the most. I thought it had the best atmosphere. SMG classes felt like commandos and then you had your anti-tank classes. W@W was a sniper's dream too.

W@W actually rewarded sniper accuracy while providing rushers a good counter to sniper rifles in Juggernaut. The snipers should only be a OHKO to the head, thus rewarding accuracy while punishing FAZE and Optic wannabes.
#9thelightnessPosted 2/6/2013 1:21:33 AM
I had the exact same question for BO after MW3 was released. I can understand why people would view BO more favorably with MW3 as a comparison, but I still maintain that BO was the worst CoD ever, and I know it was absolutely hated when it came out.
#10BipBapBamPosted 2/6/2013 1:24:58 AM
Well, it's literally one patch away from being perfect.
---
I'm careless, but I care.
GT: Noitrez