Why is MW2 suddenly considered good

#51Soul_On_DisplayPosted 2/6/2013 1:20:48 PM
NinjaDeath911 posted...
Soul_On_Display posted...
arena11 posted...
Suddenly? I always thought it was the best.

This. MW2 is objectively superior when it comes to the finer details. This is disregarding the noob tubing and other obvious stuff, however,

"Other stuff"

The list is too long
Starting with the killstreaks

If it isn't NTs, OMA, game-ending nukes, or maybe even commando (of which I didn't mind much), then anything else isn't really all that bad. I like how "killstreaks" is the first thing you mention. A part of the game that most don't complain about. That goes to show where your opinions are headed.
---
Xbox Live: Eighth Element || PSN: Echo_Resonance || 3DS FC: 4012-3485-5071
~TL;DR? Don't care.~ || ~ World's #1 Camper Hater ~
#52namewitheldPosted 2/6/2013 1:28:39 PM(edited)
What you guys think of the 'worst' cod is what the whole franchise is. Chances are you played your 'favourite' cod with friends and that the 'worst' cod was a game that you did badly in.
#53GandalfTehGrayPosted 2/6/2013 1:30:30 PM
stixzilla posted...
GandalfTehGray posted...
Zero IX posted...
RBEM posted...
Why wouldn't you think it was the best? Because of OMADC tubes and MLC? Well newsflash, those guys weren't as common as some people make out and - the kicker - they can still be killed.

Personally i found AA12 Ex mags to be waaay more annoying,

AA-12 ExMags can't kill you from the back of the map when you try to cap a flag or make C4mores or Thermal snipe through a never-ending smokescreen or grab Hardline just to guarantee a Harrier from a Pred or all the other things OMA allowed a single player to do in a game where seven kills had a reasonable chance of turning into a game-winning Nuke regardless of the objective.

I'll give you MLC since it's not that great outside of its lag-abusing nature, but please realize putting the AA-12 on the same level as OMA/DC is really darn silly.

Cold Blooded beats thermal sniper, sitrep beats C4more, cold blooded once again beats killstreaks,
OMA also left you completly vulnerable for 3-5 seconds. All I see is people that didn't wanna change their playstyle to deal with someone/ something killing them.

because not using stopping power is too much of a sacrifice

Lol really? Thats the lamest excuse I've seen yet, I have 3 out of 9 classes without it at least and can do fine without it.
---
"A wizard is never late, Frodo Baggins. Nor is he early. He arrives precisely when he means to." R.I.P Beleniel91
#54Shura_SurplicePosted 2/6/2013 1:37:33 PM
namewitheld posted...
What you guys think of the 'worst' cod is what the whole franchise is. Chances are you played your 'favourite' cod with friends and that the 'worst' cod was a game that you did badly in.

My highest K/Ds overall are in MW3 and BO2 and I think both are garbage.
I have a better K/D in MW2 than in CoD4, still I think MW2 is mediocre at best.

CoD 4 is the best for me and it is not even close.
BTW, I played CoD4 alone 90% of the time and MW3 and BO2 mostly with friends.
#55cbc72Posted 2/6/2013 1:54:43 PM
Like people said, when you shot people, they died.

All of the games since MW2 have had the "new" net-coding that diminishes host advantage.

Problem is it screws up everything else.

In my opinion, take commando knife lunge out of MW2 and make the knife like WaW and get rid of duel wield shotguns and you have the best CoD game.
---
Beast Mode!
http://tinyurl.com/c8noad6
#56DeadSPosted 2/6/2013 2:27:07 PM
thelightness posted...
Essentially, BO catered to only 1 way to play: camping like a boyscout. It was insipid, boring, and uncreative. There was absolutely zero variety.

This is sorta wrong. I have my highest KD out of all CoD on BO1 and I play basically pure rush/flank.

I think my weekly KD was sometimes in the 3.7-4.5 range on that game. I didn't camp at all. (All time KD was like 2.9) Some of it might be that we only played TDM... we play Objective in BO2 and my KD is 1.16.

Motion Sensors were free kills btw, because Engineer? made it so you didn't appear on them.
---
"Through time, through space, it will never end."
#57DutchZombiePosted 2/6/2013 2:41:28 PM
MW2 has always been good. People got laughed at for complaining about the UMP, shotguns and kill streaks back on the MW2 boards. The most common complaints were about the glitches, OMA/DC and boosters. People nowadays seem to think that many of MW2's alleged problems are fact and that there was a general consensus. There wasn't. MW2's reputation as the worst COD ever, came after the fact and is largely an invention of casuals such as yourself TC.
#58FeelMyBladePosted 2/6/2013 3:01:44 PM
Mw2 sucked.
Even the campaign sucked.
#59GandalfTehGrayPosted 2/6/2013 3:19:42 PM
FeelMyBlade posted...
Mw2 sucked.

All the campaigns have sucked since CoD 4. WaW's was half playable, MW2 had 1 replayable level, and then none since then. But if you are buying CoD for the campaign you are doing it way wrong.
---
"A wizard is never late, Frodo Baggins. Nor is he early. He arrives precisely when he means to." R.I.P Beleniel91
#60FeelMyBladePosted 2/6/2013 3:23:32 PM
GandalfTehGray posted...
FeelMyBlade posted...
Mw2 sucked.

All the campaigns have sucked since CoD 4. WaW's was half playable, MW2 had 1 replayable level, and then none since then. But if you are buying CoD for the campaign you are doing it way wrong.

Key word "even". MP was pretty bad too.