Treyarch shouldn't be allowed to design maps.

#1Oranges2OrangesPosted 2/6/2013 4:18:04 AM
MW1 had mostly fun maps

World at War had like two good maps

MW2 had 90% awesome maps (seriously wish they'd port them to every CoD with their unique gameplay, Wasteland was the only bummer of the bunch)

Black Ops flat out sucked in the maps department

MW3 was about 50/50

Black Ops 2, from the short bit I've played, is a little bit better than BO1 but still I only see two maps that I don't cringe seeing come up
---
No Condom i8.photobucket.com/albums/a2/IncredibleHoke/WCWfacepalm.png
Taylor Swift is the greatest musician ever and that's a fact IMO!
#2SergioMach5Posted 2/6/2013 4:33:55 AM
you actually think MW3 maps were 50/50 for design?
---
Wants sequels to Timesplitters, Amped 2, Mirrors Edge, Sleeping Dogs, Burnout and Need For Speed Underground.
#3Oranges2Oranges(Topic Creator)Posted 2/6/2013 4:37:18 AM
Probably more 35/65 actually. Hated most of them at first, but a few grew on me. Certainly was an improvement over BO though. I like the little gameplay tweaks Treyarch adds, but the maps are just so awful. The lag doesn't help either, I already see this is going to be as laggy as BLOPs 1 again.
---
#4__redxiii__Posted 2/6/2013 4:42:12 AM
Oranges2Oranges posted...

MW3 was about 50/50

Confirmed for troll.
#5SergioMach5Posted 2/6/2013 4:43:36 AM
I personally enjoyed the BO1 maps, there was nothing truly abysmal about them unlike almost all MW3 had to offer. W@W had a few maps that were too large but they served a solid purpose in ground war modes. I do agree that MW2 had just such brilliant maps pre-DLC (Fuel and carnival were a terrible addition)
---
Wants sequels to Timesplitters, Amped 2, Mirrors Edge, Sleeping Dogs, Burnout and Need For Speed Underground.
#6unpleasant_milkPosted 2/6/2013 4:45:37 AM

Please, just go away.

Anyone else think this is the dumbest comment ever?
---
GT unpleasant milk
Pepsi is disgusting, and dubstep is a good way to ruin a song.
#7__redxiii__Posted 2/6/2013 4:48:16 AM
unpleasant_milk posted...

Please, just go away.

Anyone else think this is the dumbest comment ever?

Yea i loved every single map in W@W including all DLC. Perfect mix of long sightlines for ARs and close quarters for SMGs. The tank maps were my favorite. Sniping on Seelow was awesome. Using SMGs on tank maps you really felt like a commando, scuttling in and out of buildings dodging tank shots trying to get a C4 on it.
#8Oranges2Oranges(Topic Creator)Posted 2/6/2013 5:34:55 PM
__redxiii__ posted...

MW3 was about 50/50

Confirmed for troll.

I barely remember any of the Black Ops maps. They are always symmetrical bland pieces of garbage. People loved Nuketown for some reason, and it is at least memorable, but other than that nothing really sticks out. I remember an awful town level, some midnight level, and some snow base way up in the sky. I don't know why MW3 fell off so much compared to MW2 (probably the people leaving), but even then the maps aren't half a map copy/pasted/mirrored to the other end. Plus there is a little bit of fun to be had with most of them, except Downturn or whatever that map is with all of the buildings. That's a campers delight.

Looking back to MW2, Estate had the house battles, Quarry had the side battles up the hill, Skidrow had countless awesome spots to come in contact with people and about 20 ways through the level, Terminal was awesome whether inside or outside, Sub Base had most of its fun on one end, but the other end was nice for grabbing care packages or whatever else, Favela was one of the most fun levels I've ever played in a shooting game because you could creep anywhere or just go on the rooftops and murder people left and right despite being wide open. Plus Favela was the most fun level ever for capture the flag.

In Black Ops 2 thus far I see a symmetrical train station, a symmetrical boat, a seemingly symmetrical nightclub, a symmetrical cargo level, a symmetrical whatever that map is with the big silo off to the side. If it didn't lag so horribly the game would still be alright because the create a class is really awesome this time around, but I'm already feeling that dropping it off at Redbox after one whopping day of online would be the most genius thing to do at this point.

And as for the World at War stuff, if the big maps with tanks are your thing that's alright, but I just don't like vehicles in CoD games. A little much. CoD3 was fine with them, but that was more like Battlefield than later games.

Black Ops maps though....hard to defend son.
---
#9glowuptheballPosted 2/6/2013 5:45:15 PM(edited)
I thought the waw maps were pretty cool, i loved creeping around the edges acting like i was on a sniper mission in campaign. Also loved creeping around the water in Makin and Makin Day.

Edit: Actually in relation to the guns, kill streaks and game modes, I think waw had the best maps.
---
#10BipBapBamPosted 2/6/2013 5:42:53 PM

MW3 was about 50/50

Black Ops 2, from the short bit I've played, is a little bit better than BO1

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
---
I'm careless, but I care.
GT: Noitrez