Claymores in Core

#1CheBob55Posted 2/6/2013 3:35:07 AM
Were they always so bad? Trying to get Snipers gold, using Claymores to cover my back. In HC it's a guaranteed kill if they go near it, but in Core modes, people are literally standing on it, trampling the poor thing, without Flak Jacket, and surviving. Pretty useless from what I can tell.
#2unpleasant_milkPosted 2/6/2013 3:43:31 AM
lol core.
---
GT unpleasant milk
Pepsi is disgusting, and dubstep is a good way to ruin a song.
#3CheBob55(Topic Creator)Posted 2/6/2013 3:49:09 AM
unpleasant_milk posted...
lol core.

I play 90% HC, just thought I'd go back to Domination/Hardpoint for the Snipers bloodthirsties. Bit pointless if people can teabag your Claymores though.
#4__redxiii__Posted 2/6/2013 3:51:13 AM
It's directional, so point it at the window or something. If they are only being hit by the partial blast they're not going to die, so if you're positioning them bad that would explain it. Betties are better in core. I don't use either but I can count the times I've been killed by a claymore on my hand whereas I always get killed by betties when doing the no perks challenges for guns.
#5CheBob55(Topic Creator)Posted 2/6/2013 3:53:36 AM
__redxiii__ posted...
It's directional, so point it at the window or something. If they are only being hit by the partial blast they're not going to die, so if you're positioning them bad that would explain it. Betties are better in core. I don't use either but I can count the times I've been killed by a claymore on my hand whereas I always get killed by betties when doing the no perks challenges for guns.

Well the last two "questionable deaths" involving my Claymores showed them clearly pointing directly at the person as they go off in the killcam, I guess I'll just switch back to Betties and see how they do.
#6JonnywestsidePosted 2/6/2013 4:18:29 AM
In my experience walking into a claymore without FJ or Engineer is instant death.
#7Soul_IntruderPosted 2/6/2013 4:20:55 AM
I'm definitely getting way more kills with the claymore than the betty in core.
#8shadowsofdawnPosted 2/6/2013 6:18:49 AM
They are probably using engineer and walking past the blast radius before it goes off. Claymores stick out to engineer users from across the map (more so than betties) and its easy to walk past one and kill the sniper before they even go off.
---
\o/ Administering jolly ass-whoopings everyday.
.||
#9Sliq6969Posted 2/6/2013 6:27:31 AM
unpleasant_milk posted...
lol core.

lol hardcore
---
stop denying the fact