C/D: We need a magic number with stats

#1LordofBallyhooPosted 2/6/2013 9:32:29 AM
I'm currently attempting to figure this out myself, but something that is correlation based and combines the career stats of a player into a sort of "player value". K/D, spm (why did they make SnD score so low?), W/L, variety of game modes played, time played. The reset stats option has basically ruined this idea though.
---
F2000 was an unholy weapon. Respect it, and it harvested souls for you. Treat it like the mortal SCAR-H, and it would devour you.
#2murdokthegreatPosted 2/6/2013 9:46:24 AM
That'd be a cool idea but I doubt they'd implement it in the game. I think w/l, KD, and SPM should be the 3 that determine it
#3Gray_wolf1119Posted 2/6/2013 9:50:53 AM
w/l gets a bit skewed for me because i refuse to stay in a game that puts me at a severe disadvantage. My policy is if i was in the lobby i will usually finish the game, but if i get dropped in a game where the team im put on is playing like they have Downs i leave and take the loss.
---
GT: Fang1192
www.Tvtropes.org
#4LordofBallyhoo(Topic Creator)Posted 2/6/2013 12:03:14 PM
Gray_wolf1119 posted...
w/l gets a bit skewed for me because i refuse to stay in a game that puts me at a severe disadvantage. My policy is if i was in the lobby i will usually finish the game, but if i get dropped in a game where the team im put on is playing like they have Downs i leave and take the loss.

That's why they ought to have a "total games without match bonus" stat
---
F2000 was an unholy weapon. Respect it, and it harvested souls for you. Treat it like the mortal SCAR-H, and it would devour you.
#5Gray_wolf1119Posted 2/6/2013 12:05:02 PM
LordofBallyhoo posted...
Gray_wolf1119 posted...

Practically, all that's doing is renaming the problem.
---
GT: Fang1192
www.Tvtropes.org
#6darkshadowmasterPosted 2/6/2013 12:05:54 PM
D.

They need to just go back to no stats and tossing you into a lobby with people to kill.
---
When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading.
#7SP_SchroomPowerPosted 2/6/2013 12:07:32 PM
LordofBallyhoo posted...
I'm currently attempting to figure this out myself, but something that is correlation based and combines the career stats of a player into a sort of "player value". K/D, spm (why did they make SnD score so low?), W/L, variety of game modes played, time played. The reset stats option has basically ruined this idea though.

its easy, your k/d+w/l=X, X/2=your score, the higher your score the better player you are.
---
Xbl: XtranzActionX, B.net: iamhigh4life#1350, @D2jsp:Fmn112586
/k/ommando for life!
#8LordofBallyhoo(Topic Creator)Posted 2/6/2013 12:08:24 PM
Gray_wolf1119 posted...
LordofBallyhoo posted...
Gray_wolf1119 posted...

Practically, all that's doing is renaming the problem.

In what way? Then your win/loss is calculated seperate from games you leave, but other players can see your number of dropped games and judge for themselves what kind of player you are from your actual performance in a match. It's imper.ect but beter than what we have.
---
#9RapaleemanPosted 2/6/2013 12:10:49 PM
I want the game to giveme a B.A.D. name like the ones from Tokyo Xtreme Racer.

So instead of a stat of any kind (meaning no K/D, no win-loss, no nothing) I want a street racing name. It would stop all this fuss about stats.
---
"Cover your receptors Perceptor."
Driver picks the music. Shotgun shuts his cakehole.
#10LordofBallyhoo(Topic Creator)Posted 2/6/2013 12:14:34 PM
SP_SchroomPower posted...
LordofBallyhoo posted...

its easy, your k/d+w/l=X, X/2=your score, the higher your score the better player you are.

You can't simply average between the two (W/L and K/D). You aren't taking into account in game scores, game modes, number of captures or defends or assists. The average between k/d and w/l tells us next to nothing.
---