I used to like kill confirmed but now it seems like its just full of amatures.

#31duericPosted 2/6/2013 5:05:12 PM
Weiland101 posted...
I do find it funny that people think the guys who steal all the tags are "playing the objective"

You really think that is their motivation?

Probably. You've got to remember most of the people who play this game play it exactly like they think you're supposed to.

It's why a guy will go 20-55 trying to cap a flag. They see the rules and follow them verbatim.
---
"It's like people using the internet have never heard of the internet." - SadHillShowdown Gamefaqs member
#32JonnywestsidePosted 2/6/2013 5:23:00 PM
dueric posted...

The objective in KC is to get more tags than the other team.

If you're going to call out other people in other modes for not playing the objective, it has to apply to KC as well.

As far as killing being half the objective? Well you got the kill, teammate got the tag. That = 100% of the objective.

Kind of like capping/planting + defending.

Yes but its a 3 way point split in the wrong guys favour 50 for the killer 100 for the guy running LW+EC.

If you concentrate more on grabbing tags than killing then you are not a benefit to your team. If you go 8-12 with 24 confirms it doesn't mean squat if you grabbed 15 tags that the killer was going to grab anyway. Plus these guys have a tendency to run streaks like HK/RCXD that is going to kill a guy across the map for a tag they will probably never get a chance to grab or even worse a CP that will take them out of the game for 30 seconds while they lie down at the back of the map waiting for it.
#33duericPosted 2/6/2013 5:30:38 PM
Jonnywestside posted...
dueric posted...

The objective in KC is to get more tags than the other team.

If you're going to call out other people in other modes for not playing the objective, it has to apply to KC as well.

As far as killing being half the objective? Well you got the kill, teammate got the tag. That = 100% of the objective.

Kind of like capping/planting + defending.

Yes but its a 3 way point split in the wrong guys favour 50 for the killer 100 for the guy running LW+EC.

If you concentrate more on grabbing tags than killing then you are not a benefit to your team. If you go 8-12 with 24 confirms it doesn't mean squat if you grabbed 15 tags that the killer was going to grab anyway. Plus these guys have a tendency to run streaks like HK/RCXD that is going to kill a guy across the map for a tag they will probably never get a chance to grab or even worse a CP that will take them out of the game for 30 seconds while they lie down at the back of the map waiting for it.

How do you know they're concentrating on just tags though?

Maybe they're not very good at killing. Or maybe they're on the wrong end of the connection. Or whatever. I have yet to see a person who's sole intent was to "just get tags".

Forum people in COD always assume everyone takes this game as seriously as they do and that everyone is always out to get them.

The bottom line is, you get tags that aren't yours too. it all evens out in the long run.
---
"It's like people using the internet have never heard of the internet." - SadHillShowdown Gamefaqs member
#34BipBapBamPosted 2/6/2013 5:37:31 PM
Literally complaining because your team is trying to win.
---
I'm careless, but I care.
GT: Noitrez
#35duericPosted 2/6/2013 5:40:24 PM
BipBapBam posted...

That's the way I see it when I see these topics.

Especially when it's near another topic about how teammates make objective games a chore to play.

It's COD. You're never ever going to have your cake and eat it too, ever again.
---
#36st8gunnerPosted 2/6/2013 5:45:48 PM
When someone runs past me to get the tags from the guy I just killed, I knife them in the back. can only do this about 2 or 3 times though, unless you're host. Then I'll knife every SOB who steals my tags.
---
...and when that day comes that you truly call me home, let me die in a pile of empty brass.
#37BipBapBamPosted 2/6/2013 5:48:42 PM
dueric posted...
BipBapBam posted...

Especially when it's near another topic about how teammates make objective games a chore to play.

Well, I feel for the people who get terrible teammates that don't give a ****.

People like TC here are just the typical kill ***** that makes these games a chore to play. The point of the game is to have fun and win, I don't get why you'd be upset you lost your precious tag and thus are farther from your stupid kill streak when you've been blessed with a competent team that actually wants to get something done.

It's like getting mad in Soccer because your teammate scored a goal instead of passing you the ball to let you get the spotlight.
---
#38duericPosted 2/6/2013 5:52:16 PM
BipBapBam posted...

People like TC here are just the typical kill ***** that makes these games a chore to play. The point of the game is to have fun and win, I don't get why you'd be upset you lost your precious tag and thus are farther from your stupid kill streak when you've been blessed with a competent team that actually wants to get something done.

It's like getting mad in Soccer because your teammate scored a goal instead of passing you the ball to let you get the spotlight.

I'm not even gunna lie. I'm about as anti tryhard as you can get. I couldn't care less about winning or losing and even I don't get upset at people that "steal" my tags.

It's just COD forum mentality. If it in any way can be complained about, it will be. Hell, I do it myself from time to time. LOL
---
#39st8gunnerPosted 2/6/2013 5:55:16 PM
BipBapBam posted...
dueric posted...
BipBapBam posted...

When people steal your tags, though, you level up slower due to less points.
---
...and when that day comes that you truly call me home, let me die in a pile of empty brass.
#40BipBapBamPosted 2/6/2013 5:57:02 PM
dueric posted...
I'm not even gunna lie. I'm about as anti tryhard as you can get. I couldn't care less about winning or losing and even I don't get upset at people that "steal" my tags.

Yeah I'm pretty sure we all are like that every now and then haha. I mean, to care enough to make a topic about it is a bit much though. I won't lie, I sometimes throw on some high streaks if I'm in a terrible lobby and just ignore the objective unless we start losing.

st8gunner posted...
When people steal your tags, though, you level up slower due to less points.

Bro. There's literally been like 5 double exp weekends. That is hardly a reason.
---