Wow, using keyboard and mouse vs console players = EZ mode.

#141Bad0CompannyPosted 2/7/2013 9:09:54 PM
Lannekir posted...
Wow I like how these guys are bragging about their KD's but don't post their GT's so we can stat check them.

Majik25 posted...
They wont post their gamertags because it is unlicensed equipment which is against the TOS and is a bannable offense.

Aether_Lyric posted...
Post GT or this is a troll, everyone who has played CoD on both PC and console knows that console has better competition

We can't post our Gamertags. Treyarch considers using this device as bannable. Why should I trust any of you to not report me if I out myself publicly?

Also, the XIM doesn't go against ANYTHING in Microsoft's ToS for the 360. Not to mention the fact that the device is invisible to the 360 and can't be traced or detected.

I never see anyone hating on the guys that use a Wheel and pedals for racing games, or a dance pad for DDR, or joystick for flight sims... All of those can be played with a controller, but are simply better if the proper device is used. KB/M is the proper device for FPS. Controllers are a crutch...

I never thought about this, but very intelligent post, thank you.
---
Steam & XBL - xNo L1m1tZx, Origin - xNoL1m1tZx
Currently playing BF3, Recon only, go ahead, cry some more.
#142BrostachePosted 2/7/2013 9:12:24 PM
Foxx3k posted...
The XIM is nowhere near as much of a benefit as non-XIM owners and PC-fanboys would have you believe.

The only game that I feel I have an advantage in is Battlefield 3, and I think that mostly stems from me being a Battlefield 3 PC transplant.

Halo, Call of Duty, Medal of Honor, etc, all feel better with a controller to me.

In Call of Duty especially it's kind of useless because aiming is borderline irrelevant in them now.

If that were remotely true, nobody would use a xim.

People with a XIM play on sensitivities even pro gamers cant handle, they can turn and snap to targets much faster than everyone else.
#143ThisIsMithosPosted 2/7/2013 9:16:28 PM
RS_YELARAKA posted...
Thats because of the accuracy of being able to pinpoint shots. Also much faster hipfiring. I played Goldeneye on Wii for a year using dual analog. The guys who used the Wii Mote generally owned dual analog players. I eventually tried the Wii Mote and had a 30 streak kill game in my first week trying. Motion/Mouse controls own dual analog unless there is a aim assist in favor of duals.

Except that the Wii controls are almost as bad as Wii players themselves.
#144DarkPizzelPosted 2/7/2013 9:24:17 PM
supercoolisaac posted...
Brostache posted...
Xogmaster posted...
Greetings,

I am Xog, a moderator from the XIM forums. Everyone else that plays on xbox live had to learn how to use a controller, but im lazy and bad at video games so i like to cheat.

-Xog

fixed.

Exactly.

And this genius's argument for it was "hey, we know its against the rules. But you'll never be caught!"

GG no re

Really!?! Thats the best you guys can come up with out of his well thought out post to explain more about the product.

Im sure all the naysayers dont use headsets special controllers,
Nice tvs, monitors, or any other peripheal or add on like fps freek etc. Everyone is just on the exact same equipment and its all fair and equal.
Rofl
---
Q9300@2.8 ghz , Msi 750i P7N, 4gb gskill
MSI gtx 560 Ti Twin Frozer Win 7 64 bit
#145BrostachePosted 2/7/2013 9:26:54 PM
Bad0Companny posted...
Lannekir posted...
Wow I like how these guys are bragging about their KD's but don't post their GT's so we can stat check them.

Majik25 posted...
They wont post their gamertags because it is unlicensed equipment which is against the TOS and is a bannable offense.

Aether_Lyric posted...
Post GT or this is a troll, everyone who has played CoD on both PC and console knows that console has better competition

We can't post our Gamertags. Treyarch considers using this device as bannable. Why should I trust any of you to not report me if I out myself publicly?

Also, the XIM doesn't go against ANYTHING in Microsoft's ToS for the 360. Not to mention the fact that the device is invisible to the 360 and can't be traced or detected.

I never see anyone hating on the guys that use a Wheel and pedals for racing games, or a dance pad for DDR, or joystick for flight sims... All of those can be played with a controller, but are simply better if the proper device is used. KB/M is the proper device for FPS. Controllers are a crutch...

I never thought about this, but very intelligent post, thank you.

Thats not remotely intelligent.

If a Forza decides they want to support racewheels thats one thing... its not cheating.

If forza decides they want to disable racewheel support in multiplayer but you use a 3rd party device to circumvent their rules... that is cheating.

There is a clear and obvious distinction.
#146BrostachePosted 2/7/2013 9:31:54 PM
DarkPizzel posted...
supercoolisaac posted...
Brostache posted...
Xogmaster posted...
Greetings,

I am Xog, a moderator from the XIM forums. Everyone else that plays on xbox live had to learn how to use a controller, but im lazy and bad at video games so i like to cheat.

-Xog

fixed.

Exactly.

And this genius's argument for it was "hey, we know its against the rules. But you'll never be caught!"

GG no re

Really!?! Thats the best you guys can come up with out of his well thought out post to explain more about the product.

Im sure all the naysayers dont use headsets special controllers,
Nice tvs, monitors, or any other peripheal or add on like fps freek etc. Everyone is just on the exact same equipment and its all fair and equal.
Rofl

they are all supported devices, none of which are against the game rules.

There are certain special controllers which are considered cheat devices... such as rapid fire controllers.

Its a case by case basis and its up to the developers to set the rules of the game, not the players.
#147Foxx3kPosted 2/7/2013 9:37:14 PM
Brostache posted...
Foxx3k posted...
The XIM is nowhere near as much of a benefit as non-XIM owners and PC-fanboys would have you believe.

The only game that I feel I have an advantage in is Battlefield 3, and I think that mostly stems from me being a Battlefield 3 PC transplant.

Halo, Call of Duty, Medal of Honor, etc, all feel better with a controller to me.

In Call of Duty especially it's kind of useless because aiming is borderline irrelevant in them now.

If that were remotely true, nobody would use a xim.

People with a XIM play on sensitivities even pro gamers cant handle, they can turn and snap to targets much faster than everyone else.

In Call of Duty maybe. But the necessity of aiming in Call of Duty is relatively minor. I snap to targets with the controller. Even if I don't, spraying and praying is incredibly forgiving. And because of a combination of lag, insanely fast TTKs, "lag comp", whatever you want to call it, even if you snap to target and begin firing with absurd and top tier reflexes and precision, you can still die to somebody hip firing and spraying around the screen.

I've used a XIME - with some generic Microsoft keyboard and Logitech 6500 mouse - with max sensitivity and I did not perceive a dramatic advantage. GRANTED, I say this, and I got a MOAB my first two rounds using the XIME in MW3. That felt a bit excessive, but more or less in line with something I could expect to see when I played with a controller - But I cannot say for certain if I was able to do that in a round that I otherwise would not have been able to, if you know what I'm saying. But what I can say is that after a night of using it, I went back to the controller and never looked back. That's just my two cents - I have a buddy who can hardly play without a XIM at this point, but I think he just got too acclimated to it.

In games like Halo, the max turn speed is dramatically lower than what a PC gamer would be used to. As such, you quickly lose 1:1 tracking in your mouse translation. This leads to "bizarre" aim behavior where you move more in some directions than others and can experience difference aim speeds as you cross into and out of the "control zone" or whatever you would like to call it. It's significantly annoying and, honestly, I feel worse for putting up with it. The amount of time that it would take me to learn how to feel "natural" without hitting that max exceeds what I perceive the benefit to be.

But I'm just one user of the thing ... Still, all I can say is don't think "mouse and keyboard = SO MUCH BETTER!" because it's taking an unnatural view of things. It's not the same as getting PC sensitivity and control. I advise you to try it yourself before considering it a massive advantage.
---
[LanParty nF4 Ultra-D] [AMD64 3700+ San Diego] [2x 1gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8] [2x 250gb Barracuda] [Soundblaster Audigy 2 ZS] [X850XTPE]
#148Saizen13Posted 2/7/2013 9:37:47 PM
Cheating is fun? Sounds more like pathetic to me. Why brag about cheating? Are you one of the guys in CoD4 that spawns under the map goes flawless then brags about it? Very very sad. Go play on the PC and have fun keeping that one up when people are on the same level as you in terms on controls.
---
http://www.youtube.com/Saizen13
#149DarkPizzelPosted 2/7/2013 10:18:22 PM
Heres another thought.... Consoles this gen could have struck a deathblow to PC gaming.

1 big reason it didnt is the lack of varied peripheals. Example m/kb. If games had the support built in but mouse players lost the ability to auto aim or had max speeds controlled wouldnt that be more fair.

Pc will always have hardcore players who love to try new stuff. But the consoles have become so constricted and lack variety. Yea theres some different controllers or arcade sticks but they all have to have wires or are cheezy in some way.

Now ps3 actually has had a frag fx m/kb adaptor setup since before that mag game came out. I think an xbox version came out too. I never heard of people crying about those. Probably because they were crap like i have read. But the xim isnt so its a cheat or a hack???

I play pc and xbox and a lot of my pc friends would just give up pc if consoles had the ability for m/kb built in.

Lastly if any console guys want a good viable mmo type game next gen then your gonna HAVE to have m/kb support. Do u really think you can use 4 action bars worth of moves with a controller!?! Lol

Look i know a lot of the console kiddies think Cod and halo or whatever is so cool but u are selling yourself short to just dismiss different control methods as hacks on consoles.

If consoles allowed more control types, had dedicated servers and can support large mmo style games Pc would really be hurting.

But this generation of consoles dragged on too far, had no innovation and created the most self entitled generation of gamers yet.

Now pc is thriving and growing again and has the new F2p model getting better by the year.

I see both sides of it but i will never agree with closed minded views towards how others want to play.
---
Q9300@2.8 ghz , Msi 750i P7N, 4gb gskill
MSI gtx 560 Ti Twin Frozer Win 7 64 bit
#150BrostachePosted 2/7/2013 10:26:42 PM
Foxx3k posted...

In Call of Duty maybe. But the necessity of aiming in Call of Duty is relatively minor. I snap to targets with the controller. Even if I don't, spraying and praying is incredibly forgiving. And because of a combination of lag, insanely fast TTKs, "lag comp", whatever you want to call it, even if you snap to target and begin firing with absurd and top tier reflexes and precision, you can still die to somebody hip firing and spraying around the screen.

I've used a XIME - with some generic Microsoft keyboard and Logitech 6500 mouse - with max sensitivity and I did not perceive a dramatic advantage. GRANTED, I say this, and I got a MOAB my first two rounds using the XIME in MW3. That felt a bit excessive, but more or less in line with something I could expect to see when I played with a controller - But I cannot say for certain if I was able to do that in a round that I otherwise would not have been able to, if you know what I'm saying. But what I can say is that after a night of using it, I went back to the controller and never looked back. That's just my two cents - I have a buddy who can hardly play without a XIM at this point, but I think he just got too acclimated to it.

In games like Halo, the max turn speed is dramatically lower than what a PC gamer would be used to. As such, you quickly lose 1:1 tracking in your mouse translation. This leads to "bizarre" aim behavior where you move more in some directions than others and can experience difference aim speeds as you cross into and out of the "control zone" or whatever you would like to call it. It's significantly annoying and, honestly, I feel worse for putting up with it. The amount of time that it would take me to learn how to feel "natural" without hitting that max exceeds what I perceive the benefit to be.

But I'm just one user of the thing ... Still, all I can say is don't think "mouse and keyboard = SO MUCH BETTER!" because it's taking an unnatural view of things. It's not the same as getting PC sensitivity and control. I advise you to try it yourself before considering it a massive advantage.

In COD with some weapons like ARs there is a very real balancing act between turn speed, and precision for aiming at a distance... everyone has to find that sweet spot in terms of sensitivity.

As a primary user of the SMR (a non spray weapon) being able to have max turn speed and reliably shoot targets at a distance, i think the xim would be a huge leg up on the competition.

Based on videos I have seen the advantages of the XIM in halo, do seem to be less impressive.

I would like to try the XIM for myself but im not going to waste money on a curiosity, i wouldnt use in the long run. As a long time PC gamer and relatively new console fps gamer, im sure i would probably quickly adapt and notice improvements.... but knowing i have an advantage over the other players would completely suck all satisfaction out of having a good performance for me.

Besides. the level playing field of consoles is precisely the reason i prefer console gaming nowadays... otherwise i would just play on my PC and enjoy far superior graphics.