OpTic's pro team got beat by a halo team...

#11duericPosted 2/6/2013 7:29:04 PM
ImTooSkilledd posted...
Soul_On_Display posted...
ImTooSkilledd posted...
Both are dumb games that take absolutely no skill. Go cure cancer if you want to call yourself "good" at something.

little to no practice whatsoever.

Lol that pretty much is how far you need to go. The rest is all just effort. Effort to learn the technicalities of the game.

So explain why some people who play this game for days still can't manage to maintain a positive K/D?

Not to butt in but, it's probably because those people don't care.

I mean, if you're really intent on getting a 1kd it's not really all that difficult.
---
"It's like people using the internet have never heard of the internet." - SadHillShowdown Gamefaqs member
#12glowuptheballPosted 2/6/2013 7:29:08 PM
ImTooSkilledd posted...
ImTooSkilledd posted...
Both are dumb games that take absolutely no skill. Go cure cancer if you want to call yourself "good" at something.

Lol that pretty much is how far you need to go. The rest is all just effort. Effort to learn the technicalities of the game.

So explain why some people who play this game for days still can't manage to maintain a positive K/D?

I agree, some people play, but they don't learn or adapt. Maybe video games aren't their thing. I think I've reached my potential already, don't think I'll ever be able to lock-on kill people on the max sensitivity or anything like that no matter how much practice I get.
---
#13Soul_On_DisplayPosted 2/6/2013 7:29:38 PM
ImTooSkilledd posted...
ImTooSkilledd posted...

They're not approaching the game in the same manner as other successful players. Plus, they probably don't know the technical stuff and or probably don't even have the effort to invest that much in this game.
---
Xbox Live: Eighth Element || PSN: Echo_Resonance || 3DS FC: 4012-3485-5071
~TL;DR? Don't care.~ || ~ World's #1 Camper Hater ~
#14Bad_BricksPosted 2/6/2013 7:29:38 PM
... people seem to be halo jumping over bullets in this game... ...
#15ImTooSkilleddPosted 2/6/2013 7:34:19 PM
ImTooSkilledd posted...
ImTooSkilledd posted...

They're not approaching the game in the same manner as other successful players. Plus, they probably don't know the technical stuff and or probably don't even have the effort to invest that much in this game.

"Skill - the learned capacity to carry out pre-determined results often"

If you're seriously saying CoD takes NO skill, you're delusional. I'm not saying it's hard. I'm not saying being good means a damn thing in the real world. But being good at CoD IS a skill, whether you want to admit it or not.
---
XBL GT: PhysiKuL
"Please tell us again of the importance of being a pro Call of Duty player. I seemed to have missed that."
#16ImTooSkilleddPosted 2/6/2013 7:35:34 PM
dueric posted...
ImTooSkilledd posted...
ImTooSkilledd posted...

Not to butt in but, it's probably because those people don't care.

I mean, if you're really intent on getting a 1kd it's not really all that difficult.

You and I both know there are people who try plenty hard to do well, but still can't.
---
"Please tell us again of the importance of being a pro Call of Duty player. I seemed to have missed that."
#17Soul_On_DisplayPosted 2/6/2013 7:44:41 PM
absolutely no skill.

I should think first before typing on GFaqs. I never meant for anyone to take my words literally. It was the same type of exaggeration as when someone says they're "dying of thirst" or something. I meant to bring emphasis on how insignificant the level of skill is needed when playing online videogames. Obviously, practically anything that requires human interaction requires even the slightest bit of skill. Like walking, for example. I assure you I'm not being delusional.

Now if you want to argue that CoD/Halo takes a LOT of skill, then we'll have to argue for real.
---
#18duericPosted 2/6/2013 7:47:27 PM
ImTooSkilledd posted...
You and I both know there are people who try plenty hard to do well, but still can't.

I don't know, man. I'd like to think that, but I'm not sure i actually believe it. I just can't see someone who is serious about playing totally sucking.

Either way, doesn't matter. You're right. It still takes skill. I'm just saying that if you wanna be decent, you can be. At least, much more easily than other games.
---
"It's like people using the internet have never heard of the internet." - SadHillShowdown Gamefaqs member
#19ImTooSkilleddPosted 2/6/2013 7:52:36 PM
absolutely no skill.

I should think first before typing on GFaqs. I never meant for anyone to take my words literally. It was the same type of exaggeration as when someone says they're "dying of thirst" or something. I meant to bring emphasis on how insignificant the level of skill is needed when playing online videogames. Obviously, practically anything that requires human interaction requires even the slightest bit of skill. Like walking, for example. I assure you I'm not being delusional.

Now if you want to argue that CoD/Halo takes a LOT of skill, then we'll have to argue for real.

Oh, well then I agree. There's definitely not of practice involved in getting good at CoD. But there's definitely some degree of skill. There's clearly something that separates people who has to struggle to maintain a 1-1.5 K/D while trying, and someone who can hold a 2+ K/D without making much of an effort at all.

But yeah, compared to other things in life, CoD is pretty damn easy.

dueric posted...
ImTooSkilledd posted...

I don't know, man. I'd like to think that, but I'm not sure i actually believe it. I just can't see someone who is serious about playing totally sucking.

Either way, doesn't matter. You're right. It still takes skill. I'm just saying that if you wanna be decent, you can be. At least, much more easily than other games.

They might not totally suck, but what if they struggle to maintain a 1.5 K/D? Compare that to someone who can hold a 2 K/D while hardly trying. Obviously there is something that separates those two people...and it's not obviously not effort.

But I definitely agree: CoD takes much less skill than most other online games. Halo included.
---
#20Soul_On_DisplayPosted 2/6/2013 7:55:07 PM
The only thing that separates players who try and do well from others who try and don't is knowledge. Knowledge of how to properly work with the game. It's all in someone's approach.
---