OpTic's pro team got beat by a halo team...

#31TecmoB0Posted 2/6/2013 8:20:50 PM
Im working up a sweat playing poker
---
Souvlaki space station
#32XT3M3Posted 2/6/2013 8:21:10 PM
LOL im on nadeshot stream and the flames are FLYING over there about with game is better.

lol@people failing to see the REAL reason why halo isnt on the circuit

http://www.twitch.tv/nadeshot
---
YT|Ownal0t GT| oZdReaZiii WrSx
Teams/Divsion standing Nets: 28-19 2nd place| Yankees OFF| Giants OFF| Islanders 4-3-1 3rd Place
#33ImTooSkilleddPosted 2/6/2013 8:28:03 PM
Soul_On_Display posted...
ImTooSkilledd posted...
Soul_On_Display posted...
The only thing that separates players who try and do well from others who try and don't is knowledge. Knowledge of how to properly work with the game. It's all in someone's approach.

I don't know man. For instance I play really aggressively. I'm always running around; to be quite honest, I play pretty ****ing stupidly most of the time. If I wanted to slow things down and be more cautious, I could surely put up better scores...however I still manage to do pretty well the majority of the time. Anyways, meanwhile, there are people who play the same way as I do, yet struggle to even go positive. They could even be using my exact same set-up if I told them what to put on their class, but they'd still play poorly.

Aiming ability and reflexes are definitely a part of it dude. They might not be a huge part, nor are they the most important. But they do play a fairly significant role in the game.

Well, knowledge is very loose. What it could mean varies more than we think. What makes you better than others who rush is your (somewhat-) subconsciously conditioned know-how. Things that you don't even think about but that improve your performance. These are very small things like knowing not to sprint when entering a populated corner or knowing when is the right time to reload. Camera coordination and reflexes are very minor. The moment you are done adjusting to your camera speed, the rest is pretty much your subconscious experience telling you how to play in literally second-by-second increments. If you sensed danger and turned left instead of right, you avoided death and added probably a couple of kills. Every micro-decision you make is a matter of your conditioned mind at work.

Even things like reflexes don't play THAT much of a role as we might think. Like, for example, your subconscious usually tips you off as to when a confrontation is about to begin. If you are even fractions of a second ahead of the enemy player in terms of the next confrontation, you will be aiming first without that much influence from your reflexes, because you are already ready. Good players like to believe that blessed reflexes and camera control are what sets people apart, but really, it's just the ability to make successful micro-decisions. Reflexes don't vary all too much between person to person, when chemical substances such as caffeine are not present.

I get what you're saying. But there are still plenty of times when someone might see me first, and I still manage to get the kill on them since they have bad aim.

Regardless, I understand your point. CoD is more about awareness and knowing how to maneuver the map as opposed to having superior abilities. I still think you might underestimate the role of reflexes/aiming, though. Guess we'll have to agree to disagree.
---
XBL GT: PhysiKuL
"Please tell us again of the importance of being a pro Call of Duty player. I seemed to have missed that."