How to fix quickscoping:

#1The_Last_AznPosted 2/6/2013 8:45:14 PM
There should be an inverted damage drop-off specifically for sniper rifles, where a bullet's damage potential gradually increases over distance, from assault rifle bullet damage at CQC to one shot chest at mid-long to stopping power MW2 sniper at long ranges. Now before anyone pulls the realism card, lolrealismincod.

To compensate people who love to quickscope, a new dedicated quickscope game mode should be set up in party games. This game mode will have its own leaderboard, automatically save a 5 second clip of all kills in theater, and allow players to gain XP.
---
Gamertag: The Last Azn
Black FC: 4513 0061 7179
#2fatclemenzaPosted 2/6/2013 8:46:27 PM
What's wrong with quickscoping? You don't like getting outplayed by someone gimping themselves in close quarters?
---
Advertising signs, they con you into thinking you’re the one
That can do what’s never been done, that can win what’s never been won
#3BipBapBamPosted 2/6/2013 8:46:50 PM
How to fix quickscoping:

Get better.
---
I'm careless, but I care.
GT: Noitrez
#4AscoltarePosted 2/6/2013 8:46:57 PM
Or just leave it be and deal with it.
---
Shaq: "Rondo is still the best PG in the game." Barkley: "Is Derrick Rose dead?"
#5ImTooSkilleddPosted 2/6/2013 8:47:34 PM
Why does quickscoping need any fixing? I've yet to see anyone drop a 100+ while only quickscoping...yet I see them with reg guns all the time. It's not OP; it's just annoying at times. I don't think nerfing anything that's just simply annoying is a smart decision.
---
XBL GT: PhysiKuL
"Please tell us again of the importance of being a pro Call of Duty player. I seemed to have missed that."
#6kushahilicPosted 2/6/2013 8:47:36 PM
The_Last_Azn posted...
There should be an inverted damage drop-off specifically for sniper rifles, where a bullet's damage potential gradually increases over distance, from assault rifle bullet damage at CQC to one shot chest at mid-long to stopping power MW2 sniper at long ranges. Now before anyone pulls the realism card, lolrealismincod.

To compensate people who love to quickscope, a new dedicated quickscope game mode should be set up in party games. This game mode will have its own leaderboard, automatically save a 5 second clip of all kills in theater, and allow players to gain XP.

This topic is now about Oscar nominees. I hope Daniel day lewis wins for Lincoln. It was phenomenal.
#7The_Last_Azn(Topic Creator)Posted 2/6/2013 8:49:18 PM
fatclemenza posted...
What's wrong with quickscoping? You don't like getting outplayed by someone gimping themselves in close quarters?

Quickscoping is a slap to the face of proper FPS design.

You know, the thing that says different gun types should have their own specialized ranges, that players should play according to that in order to maximize performance, and violating this screws up game balance?
---
#8kushahilicPosted 2/6/2013 8:49:58 PM
wrong topic tc. this is about the Oscars :)
#9The_Last_Azn(Topic Creator)Posted 2/6/2013 8:50:08 PM
Also, Christoph Waltz from Django needs to win SOMETHING.
---
#10kushahilicPosted 2/6/2013 8:51:52 PM
The_Last_Azn posted...
Also, Christoph Waltz from Django needs to win SOMETHING.

good save!

he won an Oscar for his role in inglorious bastards and already won the golden globe for Django. I assume he will win and I will not argue one bit about it. That entire cast of django was great. Especially waltz and dicaprio.