Crysis 3 will be the next Call of Duty killer!

#41Aether_LyricPosted 2/7/2013 7:56:03 AM
Smallville_Fan posted...
Eagles931 posted...
There will not ever be a COD killer. The two FPS juggernauts for consoles is COD and BF. Heck it was only COD for a while but BF made excellent strides and are now at second behind COD

Um, yes there will. COD isn't going to be around forever, something will replace it.

Was Mario replaced? Was Pokemon replaced? Was GTA replaced?

CoD is in the same group. Hint - No game franchise that has consistently sold ~20 million copies in each installment has come close to being replaced, or even had threatening competition. There's a reason they sell that much, they have a "wow" factor that simply can't be matched.
#42LordMarvXIIIPosted 2/7/2013 8:04:38 AM
In this generation, there will be no CoD Killer. MW3 almost was for me though.

Consumers and developers are also taking this franchise to serious. For example, MoH Warfighter was probably made just to compete with BO2. If you play the game, you'll feel that the developers did not put any love into the game, no work into it, nothing.They just wanted something to sell around the time the next CoD came out, and they failed both at the game and the sales.
#43FeelMyBladePosted 2/7/2013 8:49:56 AM
Bf will never replace cod.
That is a fact.
#44Lord_TenseEyePosted 2/7/2013 8:53:36 AM
known2FAIL posted...
Just wait and see!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EyojLjUh5Q
#45Ick_ukPosted 2/7/2013 8:59:11 AM
Eagles931 posted...
There will not ever be a COD killer. The two FPS juggernauts for consoles is COD and BF. Heck it was only COD for a while but BF made excellent strides and are now at second behind COD

What about halo ? Whatabout gears i know its not fps but still very similar Battlefield is not that popular
#46DocOdinePosted 2/7/2013 8:59:49 AM
When CoD dies it will be less about a new game, and more about how ****ing stagnant it has gotten. Very little gets changed between titles, many people I know mid-20s to early 30s are already looking for new shooters, and only play due to a lack of good options on console.
---
Life is a concert, and I'll be your closing act.
#47startedONatariPosted 2/7/2013 9:00:20 AM
downloaded and deleted the beta on the same day so, no.
#48Smallville_FanPosted 2/7/2013 9:01:10 AM
Aether_Lyric posted...
Smallville_Fan posted...
Eagles931 posted...

Um, yes there will. COD isn't going to be around forever, something will replace it.

Was Mario replaced? Was Pokemon replaced? Was GTA replaced?

CoD is in the same group. Hint - No game franchise that has consistently sold ~20 million copies in each installment has come close to being replaced, or even had threatening competition. There's a reason they sell that much, they have a "wow" factor that simply can't be matched.

COD has a wow factor? Maybe 5 years ago when COD4 came out, yes. It's just the usual stuff. FPS's are completely different from Mario, Pokemon and GTA, and yes, something will become the next big FPS.
---
Taken: The best movie ever.
B.Sc of Computer Games Design
#49Blizzard09Posted 2/7/2013 9:03:11 AM
CoD will never die. Its just so stupid easy to play and feel like you are doing amazing. People could careless that it's not polished and has problems, since its just so easy and basic.
---
Mods = Kids to young for this board.
#50outcast1398Posted 2/7/2013 9:09:43 AM
arena11 posted...
Silver17 posted...
arena11 posted...
Battlefield 3 called, they want their thread back.

Don't forget MOH too. <_<

Anyway.. Respawn's game later this year will be the next game to troll the boards around here.

****ing fanboy wars... *sigh*

I can't ****ing wait until they release it. I hope it'll be even better than MW2.

This! So it's slated for this year then...cool