Crysis 3 will be the next Call of Duty killer!

#51outcast1398Posted 2/7/2013 9:13:30 AM
Ick_uk posted...
Eagles931 posted...
There will not ever be a COD killer. The two FPS juggernauts for consoles is COD and BF. Heck it was only COD for a while but BF made excellent strides and are now at second behind COD

What about halo ? Whatabout gears i know its not fps but still very similar Battlefield is not that popular

Those are kinda top games in their own categories imo. They all seem to have their large followings and are the one's awaiting the next "killer" game to dethrone them.

Comparing this to Bf3 and moh which I believe were marketed as CoD killers.
#52RS_YELARAKAPosted 2/7/2013 9:20:43 AM
Battlefield is already getting up there with COD. Its the closest thing so far and might overtake COD in the near future. Its hard to say because COD is a arcade easy shooter for the more casual gamer and BF is not as much. So COD will always be better off in sales I'd think. For me as soon as BF4 is released Im pretty much done with OPS2.

Crysis 3 wont even come close to COD.
---
GamerTag - YELARAKA (LeAdEr Of Da ReDsKrEeN kLaN)
YouTube Channel - TKING8011
#53Blizzard09Posted 2/7/2013 9:23:12 AM
RS_YELARAKA posted...
Battlefield is already getting up there with COD. Its the closest thing so far and might overtake COD in the near future. Its hard to say because COD is a arcade easy shooter for the more casual gamer and BF is not as much. So COD will always be better off in sales I'd think. For me as soon as BF4 is released Im pretty much done with OPS2.

Crysis 3 wont even come close to COD.

It depends how you look at getting close. Players? sales? Competitive outlook?

This is one thing that is missing really.is what is meant by being close to it.
---
Mods = Kids to young for this board.
#54Aether_LyricPosted 2/7/2013 9:34:05 AM
Smallville_Fan posted...
COD has a wow factor? Maybe 5 years ago when COD4 came out, yes. It's just the usual stuff. FPS's are completely different from Mario, Pokemon and GTA, and yes, something will become the next big FPS.

Not necessarily a wow factor, but what I'm saying is, each of those games have perfected their genre and become so popular to the point where the competition just stands no chance. Also FPS's have barely any room for innovation anymore, the online gaming boom has come and gone, just another reason why beating CoD will be nearly impossible.