"Quickscoping is easy/cheap/OP" - guy who has never tried it

#91thebest99Posted 2/7/2013 4:38:53 PM
I can't Quickscope. I try and I just die. IT seems difficult but I'll never learn how to do it.
---
New Commentary! 11/22/12-http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a_iiDLS_2yE
GT: Dan Harkinz
#92JrunkonePosted 2/7/2013 5:27:35 PM
I don't quick scope cause I suck at it. Nothing else.
---
~~Gamertag + PSN : Jrunk1~
Curently Playing: FFXIV, Gears 3, BF3,BlazBlu, Dr. Mario, MTG cards and xbox.
#93ImTooSkilledd(Topic Creator)Posted 2/7/2013 5:54:18 PM
KiloMeda posted...
Original Post is correct. It is annoying more than effective. In the beginning of a match a QScoper might be 10-1 and causing people to rage....yet every single time in my experience they come back down to earth and end up 22-20 or something mediocre.

If it was so OP the best players would use it to compete - yet they don't.

Many people can put together a 30-15 game using SMGs or ARs in FFA. - Most people cannot put a 30-15 game using QS only in FFA.

I rarely snipe. When I did in previous games; I hardscoped.

I LOVE playing against a team of QS. They usually troll in objective games and lose.

I plan on going for diamond snipers after I get diamond ARs though. I will definitely try some QS because I always play the objective and regular sniping won't work while rushing objectives. I also know that my k/d and SPM will suffer due to QS because it is not OP at all.

Exactly. Nothing is wrong with being annoyed by quickscopers...especially considering the fact that many of them are immature and say the dumbest **** while they proceed to hurting your team. But as I've said in the past, people should stop mistaking annoying with OP.
---
XBL GT: PhysiKuL
"Please tell us again of the importance of being a pro Call of Duty player. I seemed to have missed that."
#94WraithX_959Posted 2/7/2013 11:41:19 PM
It's not hard to learn it, however it is difficult to master. I have respect for anyone who can go positive while quickscoping.
#95Soul_On_DisplayPosted 2/7/2013 11:54:42 PM
ImTooSkilledd posted...
Theoretically, yeah, QS could be OP. But as much as I hate saying this in fear of coming off as a cocky douche, I'm pretty damn close to as good as they come. I did a lot of competitive sniping back in the CoD4/MW2 days. I've played with multiple "famous" kids...most of the guys you see in OpTic or FaZe were competitive snipers at some point. NO ONE can hit every shot. I have some pretty damn good accuracy, but I still miss every few shots. It's just simply not realistic that someone can run around and hit every shot (or even 9/10 shots). I play on 14 sens and can hit some pretty ridiculous **** sometime that probably shouldn't happen...but I don't do that stuff on a regular basis.

As for being able to outplay people using reg guns...it happens, yeah. But I'll say this: any player with a 2.5 K/D will probably outplay a quickscoper the majority of the time. A team of MLG-level "tryhards" would **** on a team of the best snipers...and not just because of strategy.

Any game I do well while quickscoping, I could do even better if I was quickscoping. Hence why my sniper K/Ds are barely above 2, yet my reg gun K/Ds are mainly all well above 2.5...many above 3.

Everything you're saying makes complete sense and is true practically 100% of the time. But, damn, have there been certain occasions where I've met a couple of guys that were so good, they made me suspicious. I've been around since the birth of QSing in CoD. I never invested enough to be great at it myself, but I know when I see a good quickscoper. Ive seen exactly 3 guys within all post CoD4 games that were good enough to the point where they made me think of aimbots. I mean, anything is possible, right?

But these guys were the definition of either aimbot, or complete QSing mastery. If you exposed your pinky-toe out of cover, they could position the center of their screen on you in no time flat and you'd get hit. They made it seem so effortless, too. Only those 3 guys, out of the thousands I've probably encountered, made QSing seem cheap to me.
---
Xbox Live: Eighth Element || PSN: Echo_Resonance || 3DS FC: 4012-3485-5071
~TL;DR? Don't care.~ || ~ World's #1 Camper Hater ~
#96iBlackice25Posted 2/8/2013 3:33:29 AM
I would expect this from a user named "ImTooSkilledd"
---
GT: DarknessSniperX
Youtube channel: aquaAffinity2
#97arghhhhPosted 2/8/2013 3:46:24 AM
arghhhh posted...
I never usually get involved in these QSing debates, mainly because I know nothing about it, can't do it and I'm ******* terrible when sniping in the usual fashion.
Does 'aim assist' or 'sticky aim' whatever you want to call it not play a part at all in QSing? Would you be able to do just as well without it. I know fatclemenza said in another topic that PC doesn't have aim assist and people do well there, but isn't it generally considered PC doesn't need it because its much easier to aim on PC with KB & M (again, I don't know as I'm not a PC gamer).

I'm not getting into the 'easy or hard' debate here I just want to know how much aim assist plays a part.

Oh, it definitely plays a part. But aim assist plays a part with any gun you use in CoD...not just sniping. I don't know if there's an exact answer for "how much of a part" it plays...it depends on the shot. But clearly it's not as big as people make it out to be, otherwise you'd see more people going on quickscope rampages and hitting 10+ shots in a row since the game does all the aiming for you.

But would you be able to do as well without it? I've read people saying you don't need aim assist to QS.

I know aim assist plays a part with any gun, but it seems with QSing its all about the timing and using the aim assist to your advantage. Not saying it's easy as I'm sure it takes a bit of practice to be 'good' at it.
---
Con=2, Skill=0, Bad=1
#98BIueberriesPosted 2/8/2013 9:22:49 AM
Went 27-9 using this OP glitch. Just press LT + RT and the game does the rest for you.

However, it's on MW3 because I hate BOII sniping.
#99ImTooSkilledd(Topic Creator)Posted 2/8/2013 11:42:13 AM
iBlackice25 posted...
I would expect this from a user named "ImTooSkilledd"

Lmao, I'll be the first to admit my username is stupid. All of my points still stand, though. My name has nothing to do with the argument I'm making :P

arghhhh posted...
But would you be able to do as well without it? I've read people saying you don't need aim assist to QS.

I know aim assist plays a part with any gun, but it seems with QSing its all about the timing and using the aim assist to your advantage. Not saying it's easy as I'm sure it takes a bit of practice to be 'good' at it.

On console? No, you probably wouldn't do very well without it. Then again, you wouldn't do well with any gun. Try going into a private match and turn on friendly fire. Get a few friends and have all of you go on the same team. Get a decent distance apart, and start running around and trying to kill each other. You'll quickly realize how much aim assist helps you out, even when using a reg gun. I used to do this to warm up in MW2 when I did competitive sniping. You can still hit shots, but not nearly as consistently as you can with aim assist.

BIueberries posted...
Went 27-9 using this OP glitch. Just press LT + RT and the game does the rest for you.

However, it's on MW3 because I hate BOII sniping.

Confirmed for OP.
---
XBL GT: PhysiKuL
"Please tell us again of the importance of being a pro Call of Duty player. I seemed to have missed that."
#100Friend-ZonedPosted 2/8/2013 12:00:48 PM
The first time I ever quickscoped I went like 90-4 in TDM. Sooo easy to do mang.

But seriously, I used to be decent at it but haven't really done it since MW2. I completely suck at it now. :(
---
Peter In0sant0