I was bored, got quickscoped a few times the game before, tried it out myself...

#1ihaveyahooraresPosted 2/6/2013 9:31:02 PM
So, I got quickscoped a few times the previous match and decided to just screw around the next match quickscoping. In this game, I got the '10 sniper kills in 1 game' and 'get 75 OSKs with the DSR'... I'm 9th prestige with 160 hours in. I don't really snipe at all, and never really gave quickscoping a shot other than picking up someones sniper and trying to get a shot or 2 off.

Here's a small clip. On my screen it looked a bit different since this is from theater mode... That OpTc guy on the other team was the quickscoper, seems this match he just went into herp mode though... I don't think it's that bad at all. I never use a damn Sniper. Was just bored as hell though and thought it was worth a shot.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6UacCdN_h2o

At the very end of that clip, I get the 'efficiency' title off of almost no-scoping a guy in the head, I checked the killfeed, he is the only person that died. What's up with that?

I'm not looking to show off, just looking for some tips on how to do a bit better at it. It seems to me a lot of them were 'drag scoping' or whatever. Think there's 2 'no-scopes' in there, but I was trying to quickscope them. I finished #2 on my team and went positive. We wouldn't have lost the game if I used a real gun, I just don't care for TDM (moshpit is why I played it) and screw around in it... I think it's HYSTERICAL that I hit some of those shots, guys no where near in the crosshairs and BOOM DEAD! Yet the shots you think you should be hitting you miss....

PS, I got killed by Diamond Executioners this game! However, after checking the guys stats, he was a booster/glitcher. He had the FAL with 1700 kills and 1400 headshots, the KAP-40 with 200 kills and 150 headshots, and some other loltastical stats.
#2ImTooSkilleddPosted 2/6/2013 9:38:52 PM
At first I thought you were showing this as if to prove that quickscoping is easy/OP...then I read your post.

Yeah, a lot of these kills weren't quickscopes. Not that that's necessarily a bad thing though. You got the kill; that's what matters. However there would be many times where if you took that same amount of time to get the shot off, you'd be the one getting killed. Also, I encourage you to try this out against a team of good players using reg guns.

And here's the key part of your post:

"We wouldn't have lost the game if I used a real gun"

I'm not on any crusade to prove that quickscoping is some rocket science that takes eons of practice to do well with. I'm simply trying to prove that it's harder than doing well with a reg gun, and is by no means easy and OP...at least not when you compare it to using a PDW, FAL, or any other reg gun
---
XBL GT: PhysiKuL
"Please tell us again of the importance of being a pro Call of Duty player. I seemed to have missed that."
#3Astro_B0mbPosted 2/6/2013 9:45:36 PM
Variable zoom is no bueno, point better spent on exmags or fmj.
---
.:The Elite Connection:.
#4ImTooSkilleddPosted 2/6/2013 9:55:04 PM(edited)
Ahh, I forgot to mention some tips. My bad...here are some:

1) Practice. This is the main thing...as I just mentioned, quickscoping isn't extremely hard or anything. Just takes a good amount of practice before you really become consistent with it. Go into Combat Training or FFA if you are worried about stats or don't want to hurt your team while practicing.

2) I'd recommend using Fast Mags. That's the only attachment I use while sniping. FMJ and Ballistics CPU are reasonable as well.

3) You might have to bump up sensitivity. I personally wouldn't want to snipe on anything less than 8 or 9 sens in BO2. Just makes adjusting your aim that much slower/time-consuming.

4) Don't move while ADSing and firing. You shouldn't be holding the left thumbstick forward while you're attempting to kill someone.

5) This isn't really a tip....more just information. Most of those kills weren't quickscopes. If you're trying to quickscope, you should be firing right as you see your crosshairs. In many of those kills you zoomed in, waited a brief moment, and then shot. Nothing wrong with that, but it's not a quickscope.
---
"Please tell us again of the importance of being a pro Call of Duty player. I seemed to have missed that."
#5ihaveyahoorares(Topic Creator)Posted 2/6/2013 9:54:08 PM
ImTooSkilledd posted...
At first I thought you were showing this as if to prove that quickscoping is easy/OP...then I read your post.

Yeah, a lot of these kills weren't quickscopes. Not that that's necessarily a bad thing though. You got the kill; that's what matters. However there would be many times where if you took that same amount of time to get the shot off, you'd be the one getting killed. Also, I encourage you to try this out against a team of good players using reg guns.

I'm not on any crusade to prove that quickscoping is some rocket science that takes eons of practice to do well with. I'm simply trying to prove that it's harder than doing well with a reg gun, and is by no means easy and OP...at least not when you compare it to using a PDW, FAL, or any other reg gun

Haha. Yea, a few were, a few weren't, 2 were no-scopes basically. Just giving it a shot... As you can see from the things that pop up in the video, I just got 75 kills with the DSR, out of over 160 hours played. So I don't really snipe at all to begin with. So I was just testing the waters with everything I guess. It's not too bad for not really sniping... I'm really digging the drag-scoping or whatever the hell you wanna call that.

I'm sure I could get better and get a lot more quickscopes in and eventually be 'good' at it if I keep trying it... Not really my thing though.

Actually, checking it on COD Elite now, I placed 1st on my team. Didn't really pay much attention to the scoreboard that game... I went 20-8. The only person on my team who went positive, so maybe they were decent players actually?. Got a few Bouncing Betty kills and a few Lightning Strike kills, no Sentry kills, they EMP'd it instantly. I got a 2.5 KD that game though, the highest in that lobby. Enemy team had a 24-10, 2.4 KD. Only person with more kills than me.
#6ImTooSkilleddPosted 2/6/2013 9:57:25 PM
ihaveyahoorares posted...
ImTooSkilledd posted...

Haha. Yea, a few were, a few weren't, 2 were no-scopes basically. Just giving it a shot... As you can see from the things that pop up in the video, I just got 75 kills with the DSR, out of over 160 hours played. So I don't really snipe at all to begin with. So I was just testing the waters with everything I guess. It's not too bad for not really sniping... I'm really digging the drag-scoping or whatever the hell you wanna call that.

I'm sure I could get better and get a lot more quickscopes in and eventually be 'good' at it if I keep trying it... Not really my thing though.

Actually, checking it on COD Elite now, I placed 1st on my team. Didn't really pay much attention to the scoreboard that game... I went 20-8. The only person on my team who went positive, so maybe they were decent players actually?. Got a few Bouncing Betty kills and a few Lightning Strike kills, no Sentry kills, they EMP'd it instantly. I got a 2.5 KD that game though, the highest in that lobby. Enemy team had a 24-10, 2.4 KD. Only person with more kills than me.

Nice, that's a solid game of sniping! I'm sure if you played more games, though, you'd see it's hard to put up scores like that with consistency. Also, you're clearly an experienced CoD player (considering you say you're 9th prestige with 160+ hours of gameplay), so obviously quickscoping will come a little easier to you than it will to others. Still though, good job.
---
#7ihaveyahoorares(Topic Creator)Posted 2/6/2013 10:00:37 PM
Astro_B0mb posted...
Variable zoom is no bueno, point better spent on exmags or fmj.

You really think this class was setup to quickscope? lol.

This was just a class I had setup to snipe people with. Never really use it... I use the Variable scope since I'm usually THAT damn bad of a sniper...

ImTooSkilledd posted...
Ahh, I forgot to mention some tips. My bad...here are some:

1) Practice. This is the main thing...as I just mentioned, quickscoping isn't extremely hard or anything. Just takes a good amount of practice before you really become consistent with it. Go into Combat Training or FFA if you are worried about stats or don't want to hurt your team while practicing.

2) I'd recommend using Fast Mags. That's the only attachment I use while sniping. FMJ and Ballistics CPU are reasonable as well.

3) You might have to bump up sensitivity. I personally wouldn't want to snipe on anything less than 8 or 9 sens in BO2. Just makes adjusting your aim that much slower/time-consuming.

4) Don't move while ADSing and firing. You shouldn't be holding the left thumbstick forward while you're attempting to kill someone.

5) This isn't really a tip....more just information. Most of those kills weren't quickscopes. If you're trying to quickscope, you should be firing right as you see your crosshairs. In many of those kills you zoomed in, waited a brief moment, and then shot. Nothing wrong with that, but it's not a quickscope.

Yea, I'm gonna go into a custom game mode and Combat Training a bit tomorrow and just screw around. I run on either an 8 or 9 sensitivity as well. Not really sure what it's at currently.

A few of them were quickscopes on my screen that look like they weren't in here, that's theater mode though, it's never right for some odd reason. Most were just me scoping in quicky and then sniping them though. As stated, I never really used a sniper, was just trying to get the feel of it and mess around.

That's literally my first game ever using a sniper for the full game and trying to quickscope people. I want to make sure everyone knows this lol. I went from a damn Shield with Dual Executioners for the previous few games (it's my main class) to a damn sniper class I had setup.

DSR w Variable Zoom
B23R

Flak Jacket
Fast Hands and Toughness
Dexterity

Bouncing Betty
Tactical Insertion (every class has one, I hate the spawns and pick my own)

Perk 2 Greed.
#8CaffeineSnorterPosted 2/6/2013 10:01:13 PM
I use Variable Zoom on my LMG sometimes.
---
Did you sleep with a moderator's girlfriend? without her consent?-red255
Keeping the community happy since 2011.
#9ihaveyahoorares(Topic Creator)Posted 2/6/2013 10:05:46 PM
ImTooSkilledd posted...
Nice, that's a solid game of sniping! I'm sure if you played more games, though, you'd see it's hard to put up scores like that with consistency. Also, you're clearly an experienced CoD player (considering you say you're 9th prestige with 160+ hours of gameplay), so obviously quickscoping will come a little easier to you than it will to others. Still though, good job.

Well, the previous game we blew them out of the water, I got quickscoped a few times by someone with a Diamond Ballista, picked it up, pulled off a quad feed quickscoping on slums. That was what made me determined to quickscope that whole game haha. I had a friend on my team in that game of TDM on Express who went 13-14 with an AN-94 (his connection was being wonky). He was in the previous lobby too and when I picked up that Ballista and said 'that's it, I'm quickscoping the balls off of their team' he laughed and wished me luck, knowing I never touch a damn sniper unless it's picked up.

Only reason I have that Sniper class setup in my classes is since I have 10 classes, and on occasion will switch to it to pick off a teams sniper.
#10ihaveyahoorares(Topic Creator)Posted 2/6/2013 11:40:36 PM
Anyone else have some tips for me to make a quickscoping class? Fast hands and the Tactical Insertion are a must BTW for the class. Every class has that.