Why Is the Online Community So Horrible?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Call of Duty: Black Ops II
  3. Why Is the Online Community So Horrible?
3 years ago#21
CaptainSackboy posted...
fakesoundofprogress posted...
Welcome to Xbox Live!

So this is the case on every online shooter for the 360? I've actually had my 360 for a while, but only registered for XBox Live recently. If this is the case for a lot of games, I guess I'll just get used to it. :(

ironically, i started playing Halo 4 yesterday and havent heard any foul language, let alone name calling.....
psn::heartherevenge
GT: heretherevenge
3 years ago#22
No this is just the xbox and PC community. PS3 community is much more laid back and carefree. I've played online extensively on 360 and ps3 so I know. XBOX = lazy parents' babysitter.

I have a PS3 as well and it seems like that because absolutely no one uses/has a mic.
Big Money. Big Women. Big Fun.
I don't have a cocaine habit, I just like the way it smells.
3 years ago#23
Welcome to Xbox Live!

So this is the case on every online shooter for the 360? I've actually had my 360 for a while, but only registered for XBox Live recently. If this is the case for a lot of games, I guess I'll just get used to it. :(

Dude this is the case online PERIOD. go to a message board with little to no moderation, it'll be just as bad
Happy Valentine
http://i49.tinypic.com/ztjb5c.jpg http://i45.tinypic.com/aw6ag6.jpg http://i46.tinypic.com/35aqh47.jpg http://i50.tinypic.com/2wf4f2x.jpg
3 years ago#24
"Seriously, I just got this game yesterday and people called me the n word, a Jew, a "spic", and a "fa**ot" at least 20 times for killing with the knife instead of guns."

During the game you can press the Back Button to bring up the scoreboard and scroll over a name and press A to mute.

During the lobby you can move over to the names on the right and select people to mute.

Use it liberally.
GamerTag: Te1vanni Guard
"Telvanni you would disprove everyone. :D"- Saint_of_Misery
3 years ago#25
Telvanni_guard posted...
"Seriously, I just got this game yesterday and people called me the n word, a Jew, a "spic", and a "fa**ot" at least 20 times for killing with the knife instead of guns."

During the game you can press the Back Button to bring up the scoreboard and scroll over a name and press A to mute.

During the lobby you can move over to the names on the right and select people to mute.

Use it liberally.

Thanks for telling me. Still, it's kinda stupid that I even have to do this.
3 years ago#26
Welcome to the internet!
Gamefaqs:
http://thechive.files.wordpress.com/2013/01/too-true-g1.gif
3 years ago#27
darkshadowmaster posted...
CaptainSackboy posted...
Welcome to Xbox Live!

This is every online game everywhere, not restricted to XBL. People are anonymous, so therefore must be complete douchebags.

this^ im tired of people acting like its only on xbox live, or ps3, or PC, people on the net are always going to be like this, its a sad world we live in, just ignore them and enjoy the game, thank god for MUTE.
the funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.
3 years ago#28
sithgod513 posted...
darkshadowmaster posted...
CaptainSackboy posted...
Welcome to Xbox Live!

This is every online game everywhere, not restricted to XBL. People are anonymous, so therefore must be complete douchebags.

this^ im tired of people acting like its only on xbox live, or ps3, or PC, people on the net are always going to be like this, its a sad world we live in, just ignore them and enjoy the game, thank god for MUTE.

I find its the same with driving, put a normal, kind, calm person in a car and BAM, horns and fingers going everywhere!
3 years ago#29
Say you have 1 ignorant moron per 20 or 30 people on XBL. Then extrapolate that number over the millions that buy a game like CoD and viola, you get blanket statements about the "community".
I'm not changjng this signature until I feel like it.
3 years ago#30
CaptainSackboy posted...
Welcome to Xbox Live!

not really, COD/MLG/Youtube. just bread that community that way.

back during halo3/cod4 era it was a 60/40 split between normal folks and negative nancy's, afterwards it just seemed to sour up more and more.
im a cook, and i play one in my RPG's.
  1. Boards
  2. Call of Duty: Black Ops II
  3. Why Is the Online Community So Horrible?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived