Why Is the Online Community So Horrible?

#21heartherevengePosted 2/8/2013 8:16:12 AM
CaptainSackboy posted...
fakesoundofprogress posted...
Welcome to Xbox Live!

So this is the case on every online shooter for the 360? I've actually had my 360 for a while, but only registered for XBox Live recently. If this is the case for a lot of games, I guess I'll just get used to it. :(

ironically, i started playing Halo 4 yesterday and havent heard any foul language, let alone name calling.....
---
psn::heartherevenge
GT: heretherevenge
#22KabtheMentatPosted 2/8/2013 8:19:00 AM
No this is just the xbox and PC community. PS3 community is much more laid back and carefree. I've played online extensively on 360 and ps3 so I know. XBOX = lazy parents' babysitter.

I have a PS3 as well and it seems like that because absolutely no one uses/has a mic.
---
Big Money. Big Women. Big Fun.
I don't have a cocaine habit, I just like the way it smells.
#23_Xymemaru_VPosted 2/8/2013 8:19:36 AM
Welcome to Xbox Live!

So this is the case on every online shooter for the 360? I've actually had my 360 for a while, but only registered for XBox Live recently. If this is the case for a lot of games, I guess I'll just get used to it. :(

Dude this is the case online PERIOD. go to a message board with little to no moderation, it'll be just as bad
---
Happy Valentine
http://i49.tinypic.com/ztjb5c.jpg http://i45.tinypic.com/aw6ag6.jpg http://i46.tinypic.com/35aqh47.jpg http://i50.tinypic.com/2wf4f2x.jpg
#24Telvanni_guardPosted 2/8/2013 8:26:34 AM
"Seriously, I just got this game yesterday and people called me the n word, a Jew, a "spic", and a "fa**ot" at least 20 times for killing with the knife instead of guns."

During the game you can press the Back Button to bring up the scoreboard and scroll over a name and press A to mute.

During the lobby you can move over to the names on the right and select people to mute.

Use it liberally.
---
GamerTag: Te1vanni Guard
"Telvanni you would disprove everyone. :D"- Saint_of_Misery
#25CaptainSackboy(Topic Creator)Posted 2/9/2013 8:14:26 AM
Telvanni_guard posted...
"Seriously, I just got this game yesterday and people called me the n word, a Jew, a "spic", and a "fa**ot" at least 20 times for killing with the knife instead of guns."

During the game you can press the Back Button to bring up the scoreboard and scroll over a name and press A to mute.

During the lobby you can move over to the names on the right and select people to mute.

Use it liberally.

Thanks for telling me. Still, it's kinda stupid that I even have to do this.
#26Kovalchuk_Posted 2/9/2013 8:15:49 AM
Welcome to the internet!

---
Gamefaqs:
http://thechive.files.wordpress.com/2013/01/too-true-g1.gif
#27sithgod513Posted 2/9/2013 8:16:10 AM
darkshadowmaster posted...
CaptainSackboy posted...
Welcome to Xbox Live!

This is every online game everywhere, not restricted to XBL. People are anonymous, so therefore must be complete douchebags.

this^ im tired of people acting like its only on xbox live, or ps3, or PC, people on the net are always going to be like this, its a sad world we live in, just ignore them and enjoy the game, thank god for MUTE.
---
the funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.
#28fakesoundofprogressPosted 2/11/2013 3:21:17 AM
sithgod513 posted...
darkshadowmaster posted...
CaptainSackboy posted...
Welcome to Xbox Live!

This is every online game everywhere, not restricted to XBL. People are anonymous, so therefore must be complete douchebags.

this^ im tired of people acting like its only on xbox live, or ps3, or PC, people on the net are always going to be like this, its a sad world we live in, just ignore them and enjoy the game, thank god for MUTE.

I find its the same with driving, put a normal, kind, calm person in a car and BAM, horns and fingers going everywhere!
#29slaveanselmoPosted 2/11/2013 3:37:43 AM
Say you have 1 ignorant moron per 20 or 30 people on XBL. Then extrapolate that number over the millions that buy a game like CoD and viola, you get blanket statements about the "community".
---
I'm not changjng this signature until I feel like it.
#30the_reaper849Posted 2/11/2013 3:58:44 AM
CaptainSackboy posted...
Welcome to Xbox Live!

not really, COD/MLG/Youtube. just bread that community that way.

back during halo3/cod4 era it was a 60/40 split between normal folks and negative nancy's, afterwards it just seemed to sour up more and more.
---
im a cook, and i play one in my RPG's.