I still have no idea why they nerfed Extended Mags

#1Faust_8Posted 2/7/2013 11:34:58 AM
In past games, ExMags was a 50% boost to your mag size (heck in MW2 for certain shotguns it was a 100% boost). Even then, it was not overused on primary weapons--it was good but we often chose something else like a sight, suppressor, Rapid Fire, grenade launcher, and so on.

But now, when we have SO MANY other attachment options, they nerf it to a 30% boost. Why? Where's the logic in that? When we have Laser Sight, Quickdraw, Stock, FMJ, Fast Mags, Target Finder, and all of the other classic attachments to choose from, which gives us LESS incentive to use the ExMags attachment, why make it even worse than before to boot?

The only primary weapon I can condone putting it on is the Skorpion. Everything else the small boost isn't worth giving up one of the other attachments for.

You'd think ExMags would stay just as good as it was before when we have even more reasons to choose something else.

I can understand nerfing Rapid Fire (widens crosshairs and reduces range, unlike before) just because the maps are so full of close range areas, so if Rapid Fire wasn't nerfed it would be all over the place. But why do this to ExMags when it wasn't even the most common choice before?
---
You are the universe
Expressing itself as a human, for a little while
#2mac_O_cheesePosted 2/7/2013 11:38:21 AM
As an added kick in the teeth, you reload 10% slower with Extended Mags.
---
GT:macocheese
SteamID:pop_n_fresh11
#3GtWthTheProgramPosted 2/7/2013 11:40:45 AM
I feel like fast mags barely give any increase at all now too, for that matter. It's very noticeable with certain weapons (the executioner, for example), but I barely notice on the SMGs and assault rifles. With ludicrously awesome stuff like the long barrel, laser sight, target finder and the like (plus select fire for un****ing burst fire weapons, which are worse than ever now with lag comp), I cannot think of a single reason to take a ****ty magazine attachment.
#4Faust_8(Topic Creator)Posted 2/7/2013 11:45:49 AM
Fast Mags is still good, it still reloads twice as fast. So if you do take a magazine attachment it should be that, not the gimped ExMags.

Except, maybe, on the Skorpion. The boost is just enough to make killing two or three people per magazine a good deal easier.
---
You are the universe
Expressing itself as a human, for a little while
#5FeelMyBladePosted 2/7/2013 11:51:50 AM
It could use a buff.

I would agree for most weapons. For the pdw, man... That's like 75 bullets.
#6PDXRoverMechPosted 2/7/2013 11:59:46 AM
I only use it on Kaps and b23rs (32r?). It seems to be the only way to consistently net more than 1 kill before reloading.
#7fatclemenzaPosted 2/7/2013 12:07:35 PM
It increases your starting ammo as well. Usually by a substantial amount. The MSMC for example spawns you with 160 rounds instead of 120.
---
Advertising signs, they con you into thinking you’re the one
That can do what’s never been done, that can win what’s never been won
#8ImTooSkilleddPosted 2/7/2013 12:07:55 PM
I'm fairly certain that CoD developers have a "no logic allowed" policy when it comes to making these games. What you said actually makes sense, hence why it's not implemented in the game.
---
XBL GT: PhysiKuL
"Please tell us again of the importance of being a pro Call of Duty player. I seemed to have missed that."
#9shadowsofdawnPosted 2/7/2013 12:10:56 PM
They added scavenger pro's effect to ext. mags. Thats why.
---
\o/ Administering jolly ass-whoopings everyday.
.||
#10Astro_B0mbPosted 2/7/2013 12:13:18 PM
shadowsofdawn posted...
They added scavenger pro's effect to ext. mags. Thats why.

Exmags in mw3 also gave you more ammo... even dual mags in blops.
---
.:The Elite Connection:.