ITT: post your favorite COD, and your opinions about other people's favorites

#11arena11Posted 2/7/2013 11:20:55 PM
For example:

My favorite Cod:
Modern Warfare 2

My opinion on people who have the same favorite CoD as I do:
People who know a well polished game when they see one. People who don't complain about the game when they get killed, but rather, complain about their own lack of strategy at the time.

Opinions about other people who prefer other CoD's

Cod4: For the most part, people who are overly nostalgic about their "first love." That's what I typically see. But Cod4 is my second favorite Cod, so I see why many people still prefer it. It ran smoother than anything after MW2, and was a fairly simple CoD.

Waw: It's the only Treyarch game that is gun on gun focused. War also helped with this.

BO: Honestly I don't see the appeal behind this game at all. The fundamentals that were established in previous games have been decimated by Treyarch. Perk balance was and still is an absolute mess. Weapon balance does not equal clone weapons and they couldn't even get that right i.e. Famas. Saw the emergence and dominance of stealth perks. The killstreaks were so much weaker barring the SR-71, which is almost as game ending as the Nuke is. Once one went up, the killstreak was practically up the entire game, not to mention Chopper Gunners and Dogs all day everyday. Knowing that no one can hide from the Blackbird, might as well called in the nuke.

MW3 People actually prefer this game? I can only imagine people preferring this game when it was in its peak.

BO2 MW3.5 by Treyarch.
---
Now playing: MW2 and BF3 Premium.
#12BrownPack(Topic Creator)Posted 2/8/2013 12:06:03 AM
Kirbix posted...
__redxiii__ posted...
BrownPack posted...
__redxiii__ posted...
Opinions are like butt holes.

Gonna explain how?

Really you don't know the end of this expression? I thought I was on the internet.

It is the internet. Its the cesspool of stupidity. That you're shocked is more unbelievable than his total ignorance of a common saying.

First off, it isn't a common saying as you would like to believe. Second, the choice of "butt hole" as the description of what an opinion is can lead you to believe it would be something far more complex than it simply being "everyone has one"
#13__redxiii__Posted 2/8/2013 12:52:07 AM
BrownPack posted...
Kirbix posted...
__redxiii__ posted...
BrownPack posted...
__redxiii__ posted...

Gonna explain how?

Really you don't know the end of this expression? I thought I was on the internet.

It is the internet. Its the cesspool of stupidity. That you're shocked is more unbelievable than his total ignorance of a common saying.

First off, it isn't a common saying as you would like to believe. Second, the choice of "butt hole" as the description of what an opinion is can lead you to believe it would be something far more complex than it simply being "everyone has one"

You forgot the mose crucial part, after you say "everyone has one," you say, "but they all stink."
#14BrownPack(Topic Creator)Posted 2/8/2013 10:37:39 AM
__redxiii__ posted...
BrownPack posted...

You forgot the mose crucial part, after you say "everyone has one," you say, "but they all stink."

Ahh. I see. Now it makes sense.
#15AWarAmp84Posted 2/8/2013 10:45:01 AM
MW2. Aside from the OMA/Noobtube crap, it was really fun.
---
Before you comment on one of my posts, please research the Dunning-Kruger effect. Best game of all time: Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory.
#16DraconilianPosted 2/8/2013 10:56:35 AM
MW2 is my favorite

Anyone who likes MW2 recognizes strong gun, map, and mechanic design. Doesn't mind the occasional frustrating death because it's better than latency deaths in later cods.

Mw1 fans have nostalgia issues
Waw fans have a ww2 fetish
Bo1 fans started on bo1
Mw3 fans don't exist
Bo2 fans imagine latency doesn't exist and like small maps.
---
Petition to bring all the Black Ops 2 DLC to Wii U!
Signatures : 1
#17slaveanselmoPosted 2/8/2013 10:59:15 AM
__redxiii__ posted...

*****y and should only be shared with those who want the same thing?
---
I'm not changjng this signature until I feel like it.
#18Gunther482Posted 2/8/2013 12:01:00 PM
BO I was my favorite simply because it had the smallest amount of BS to date besides CoD 4 in my opinion.
#19SPARTAN-034Posted 2/8/2013 12:12:03 PM
Haha MW2 as a favorite..... thats funny
---
GamerTag: A Fluffy Lombax
I'll give you 3 words why the PS2 is a great console. Ratchet, Jak, and Sly.
#20DutchZombiePosted 2/8/2013 12:44:47 PM
MW2 is my favorite, but I think COD2 and COD4 are equally great. They were all well designed games with a few flaws, but for the most part it rewarded smart players. I can understand any player having a preference to any of these games.

WaW: No idea why people like it. Laggy and sluggish. If I wanted a good WW2 multi-player, I'd play COD2 instead.

BO1: Baby's first COD. The IW games had chaotic multi-player where only smart players could survive against any strategy. BO1 stripped all of that away, adding random recoil which coupled with their questionable net code resulted in getting mowed down repeatedly because of a bad math equation rather than sloppy play. So that was fun...

MW3: Giant mess of a game. On paper it looked ok, but revenge spawns, badly designed maps and terrible net code made it a joke of a game.

BO2: I like it, but it still pales in comparison to the IW games because of the net code.