Anyone use gaming headsets when playing?

#11koolboy123Posted 2/7/2013 8:12:45 PM
Give me your GTs so I can report you guys for cheating.
---
CLEVELAND STEAMER!!!!!
#12flame030191(Topic Creator)Posted 2/7/2013 8:13:50 PM
Duwstai posted...
I use them because I play at night and dont want to wake others up.

They also happen to help my gameplay a lot, just like surround sound would. I use them for single player games also because the immersion factor is insane. Its the way games were meant to be played.

The only people who cry about this stuff are the morons who listen to rap super loud while playing and generally just dont pay attention to anything, and dont want to sacrifice their noob perk for silent footsteps. So you hear them coming, get the jump on them and they cry.

I swear CoD has the biggest bunch of babies for a fanbase. Everything is cheating to these whiners. Literally listening to the game has become cheating in their eyes.

I feel any complaints are by those who refuse to run Dead Silence...
---
PSN ID: Troll_Face_Flame (formerly armyflame) X360 gamertag: ArmyFlame9
The more people post on GameFaqs, the more I lose faith in humanity.
#13supercoolisaacPosted 2/7/2013 8:19:01 PM
turtle beach x12's myself.
---
"Persistence until excellence."
http://www.youtube.com/user/supercoolisaac
#14duericPosted 2/7/2013 8:20:57 PM
flame030191 posted...

I feel any complaints are by those who refuse to run Dead Silence...

Nah. The problem is headsets have a reputation now like modded controllers.

What people fail to see is that headsets were not initially designed to soundwhore. People just sort of figured that out on their own.

Now, because of the prices and the way they're marketed, people assume they're mainly for in game advantage.

Frankly, I feel sorry for anyone who has ever paid for a gaming headset for that sole purpose. Any old $10 pair of headphones can give you that.
---
"It's like people using the internet have never heard of the internet." - SadHillShowdown Gamefaqs member
#15flame030191(Topic Creator)Posted 2/7/2013 8:21:50 PM
supercoolisaac posted...
turtle beach x12's myself.

A friend of mine likes their set. I had a P11 before (the PS3 version of the X12) and felt the sound didnt seem quite right. I sold them shortly later and it is the only reason i never got the X12
---
PSN ID: Troll_Face_Flame (formerly armyflame) X360 gamertag: ArmyFlame9
The more people post on GameFaqs, the more I lose faith in humanity.
#16NejiHyuga900Posted 2/7/2013 8:27:47 PM(edited)
I used the Turtle Beach Ear Force X12 but the right speaker eventually stopped working when I had MW3. How unfortunate. :(

Anyways, I didn't like the Turtle Beach Ear Force X12 that much, mainly because of its long cord that gets tangled with the rest of my controllers.
---
Xbox 360 Gamertag & Nintendo Network ID: TDPNeji
Steam ID: NejiHyuga900
#17JVel91Posted 2/7/2013 8:36:36 PM
Ive been using my turtle beach x11's since the MW2 days.

Stay mad haters.
---
EMS
#18ICantNameGudPosted 2/7/2013 8:42:11 PM
I equate buying a gaming headset to play CoD to bringing a halfstack to play at coffee houses:

The expensive equipment doesn't make you sound better than the house PA, you just wasted a ton of money and ensured anyone who notices thinks you're trying to hard.
---
I' gonna startin' about fit'na start fin'tn about. Feel me?
~My friend Billy's stance on wanting a shot of Bacardi
#19GundamBansheeFAPosted 2/7/2013 8:48:58 PM
flame030191 posted...
irishman5705 posted...
Been using mainly Astro A40s since 2007.

I hear Astro's are really good. I would get them, but all that ive seen are the >$200 sets. Got this one brand new for $45 on sale.

I bought it off of amazon for 180. Went to gamestop and theyre selling for 250 and i start laughing.
All you gotta do after you buy em is just upgrade the mixamp. A50s are garbage i heard
#20gunho7Posted 2/7/2013 9:09:11 PM
JVel91 posted...
Ive been using my turtle beach x11's since the MW2 days.

Stay mad haters.

Lol why would anyone be mad that you use a head set?

Stay mad hater
---
GT: steven the show
AKJohnnyB is bad