Anyone use gaming headsets when playing?

#31vondervienerPosted 2/8/2013 1:20:20 AM
i have had X11's since the year they came out, and they work great!
#32HaloDad020508Posted 2/8/2013 1:35:13 AM
Leitchy117 posted...
People actually think you're a cheater for wearing a headset? That's honestly one of the single most moronic and ignorant statements I've heard on Gamefaqs, and that's saying a lot.

Thats the first time I have heard that as well. Thats pathetic. I use my Turtle Beach X41's for two reasons. First off I like my sound loud but my kids are sleeping when I play so I wear them when I sleep. Secondly I use them for game immersion as much as I love Call of Duty the immersion of sound they do is just amazing. If people wanna get mad at me for wearing them let them. I will enjoy my headset.
---
Playing Hitman Absolution, Halo 4 and Black Ops 2.
Anticipating Hitman HD, Tomb Raider and Crysis 3.
#33Who_ate_the_piePosted 2/8/2013 1:42:46 AM
I use X12s. Mainly bought it for the mic and noise control. Having better audio is nice but really does nothing for me in this game compared to previous CoDs.
---
I don't care.
#34drasTIC_TACticsPosted 2/8/2013 2:59:11 AM
since around the first Black Ops i've been using Turtle Beach DX11s. a few months back, i upgraded to Astro A40s
#35JetblackmoonPosted 2/8/2013 3:28:06 AM
I equate buying a gaming headset to play CoD to bringing a halfstack to play at coffee houses:

The expensive equipment doesn't make you sound better than the house PA, you just wasted a ton of money and ensured anyone who notices thinks you're trying to hard.

My X12's literally cost less than Black Ops 2 did. They work for me.

It's a nice addition if you have some extra gaming money and there's no games you're interested in. It really just increases immersion and overall enjoyment on pretty much all games.
---
Hey, everyone! This store discriminates against the poor!
#36SpinalsniperPosted 2/8/2013 3:31:22 AM
ICantNameGud posted...
I equate buying a gaming headset to play CoD to bringing a halfstack to play at coffee houses:

The expensive equipment doesn't make you sound better than the house PA, you just wasted a ton of money and ensured anyone who notices thinks you're trying to hard.

I traded in my 12'' crate towards my halfstack. It's all I got. I do miss my GFX 2x12 though.
---
If there are two evils, I'll try the one I haven't done yet.
Gamer tag: Spinal101
#37__redxiii__Posted 2/8/2013 3:33:11 AM
People are bad. Every day I get messages on xbox accusing me of using modded controllers and other mods. I don't even have a headset. I have a friend on xbox who's got a modded controller and one of the best headsets you can get and he still struggles. I couldn't imagine if I had a good headset and a modded controller. That being said I think people who spend their money on all of these accessories and still struggle are funny. But what you want to do with your money is up to you.
#38fakesoundofprogressPosted 2/8/2013 3:33:34 AM
bought a set of x12s recently. Used my surround sound before that. I do enjoy being able to have it as loud as I can possible have it and not annoy my girlfriend/neighbours!

Just wish I had bought them sooner!
#39__redxiii__Posted 2/8/2013 3:35:28 AM
fakesoundofprogress posted...
bought a set of x12s recently. Used my surround sound before that. I do enjoy being able to have it as loud as I can possible have it and not annoy my girlfriend/neighbours!

stealth bragging gf post
#40fakesoundofprogressPosted 2/8/2013 3:41:44 AM
__redxiii__ posted...
fakesoundofprogress posted...
bought a set of x12s recently. Used my surround sound before that. I do enjoy being able to have it as loud as I can possible have it and not annoy my girlfriend/neighbours! 3.6 K/D

stealth bragging gf post

I dont tend to brag about the post, they never deliver stuff on time