Anyone use gaming headsets when playing?

#41__redxiii__Posted 2/8/2013 3:43:12 AM
fakesoundofprogress posted...
__redxiii__ posted...
bought a set of x12s recently. Used my surround sound before that. I do enjoy being able to have it as loud as I can possible have it and not annoy my girlfriend/neighbours! 3.6 K/D

Just wish I had bought them sooner!

stealth bragging gf post

I dont tend to brag about the post, they never deliver stuff on time

icwutudid. But for real you coulda just said, "I do enjoy being able to have it as loud as I can possible without it disturbing anyone."
#42__redxiii__Posted 2/8/2013 3:44:36 AM
__redxiii__ posted...
__redxiii__ posted...
bought a set of x12s recently. Used my surround sound before that. I do enjoy being able to have it as loud as I can possible have it and not annoy my girlfriend/neighbours! 3.6 K/D

Just wish I had bought them sooner!

stealth bragging gf post

I dont tend to brag about the post, they never deliver stuff on time

icwutudid. But for real you coulda just said, "I do enjoy being able to have it as loud as I can possible without it disturbing anyone."

Did you ninja your k/d into the quote? Wow. I bet that gf is impressed by that k/d.
#43fakesoundofprogressPosted 2/8/2013 3:44:50 AM
sorry for having a girlfriend and neighbours. Id rather have no neighbours lol!
#44__redxiii__Posted 2/8/2013 3:48:02 AM
sorry for having a girlfriend and neighbours. Id rather have no neighbours lol!

Congrats but I'm just saying. You don't see me posting left and right about my 69 concubines.
#45Ryguy226Posted 2/8/2013 4:19:38 AM
I personally have a TurtleBeach PX21, very nice set of headphones that can be used for the PC, Xbox and PS3, though it only primarly gets use through the Xbox and is used occasionally for PC. I like it, but to be honest, footsteps aren't nearly as detectable in CoD games as Battlefield games, those games REALLY have some good sound, and you can really tell if someone is behind you. Yes there is a slight advantage, but c'mon guys, it's a twitch shooter anyways, hearing footsteps is only beneficial for snipers and/or campers (not mutally exclusive).
#46__redxiii__Posted 2/8/2013 4:22:53 AM
Ryguy226 posted...
I personally have a TurtleBeach PX21, very nice set of headphones that can be used for the PC, Xbox and PS3, though it only primarly gets use through the Xbox and is used occasionally for PC. I like it, but to be honest, footsteps aren't nearly as detectable in CoD games as Battlefield games, those games REALLY have some good sound, and you can really tell if someone is behind you. Yes there is a slight advantage, but c'mon guys, it's a twitch shooter anyways, hearing footsteps is only beneficial for snipers and/or campers (not mutally exclusive).

How is running straight with an SMG and hearing footsteps to your right (add in good map awareness) not beneficial? But I was gonna say, did you change your sound settings? I don't have a headset but my xbox buddy always complained that this game has bad sound (he has a headset) until someone told him to change his sond settings to super crunch or something. Idk check it out.
#47DerwoodPosted 2/8/2013 5:36:27 AM
I rock the PX5's
---
PSN: ZipCity
Gamertag: LightSetDesign
#48darkshadowmasterPosted 2/8/2013 6:32:02 AM
Derwood posted...
I rock the PX5's

Used these until I got my PC360/mixamp combo. However main reason I bought headsets was because I live in an apt building and have already had neighbors come to my apt and have me turn down my SS system since it shook the walls of the apts around me
---
When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading.
#49TecmoB0Posted 2/8/2013 6:42:29 AM
Turtle beach x42s
Not sure why i use them when playing treyarch cods. Had dx 11s before they bit the dust
---
Souvlaki space station
#50DarxidePosted 2/8/2013 6:50:36 AM
I uses a set of Triton AX720's if I'm playing anywhere but the living room. They get the job done.