So, within the past day or 2 I started using Snipers. Is Quickscoping hard? Hmm.

#1ihaveyahooraresPosted 2/8/2013 1:03:00 AM
This is the story about someone who never really snipers, admits they suck at sniping, and gives sniping a shot and tries to learn how to quickscope and use a sniper while playing offensively and trying to rush.

Within the past day or 2 I've started messing around with the Snipers and trying to quickscope people and just get an in general feel of the weapons. I'm usually going positive, making people rage quit, and leading my team. I currently have 297 Kills between the DSR and Ballista, so this is truly me starting off. If a 'tryhard' class is necessary to come back, I'll switch to it.

This is just a rendered clip of me with an ACOG DSR. I think it's my favorite way to snipe honestly. People hate it more than quickscoping it seems. This clip I started off 10-0, then numerous people on the enemy team quit and we won the 1st round of Domination 150-18 or something. As you can see, I'm playing objectively and captured B alone with the help of some teammates killing a guy who was on it with me. I pulled off a decent triple kill haha. I put in a clip of me missing tons of shots before finally hitting a noob as well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VyBe6s-uPmI (triple feed around 30 seconds)

You can see in that clip me getting the 250 Sniper kills challenge (9th presitge, 167 hours or so played). So you can see that I'm just getting into the swing of things and learning the ins and outs of BO2 sniping. It's not as hard as many make it out to be or as I thought it was going to be. (sniping in general that is, I've always sucked at sniping).

Since that's not really quickscoping, here's some of me actually trying to do some quickscoping and using the normal scope. (first half is the ACOG scoping, 2nd is with the normal scope, was seeing which one I liked better)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1NRYqci0RI8 THE AUDIO IS WAY OFF

Quickscoping though... That's a different story all together. I'm still trying to get the feel of it and everything. Learning where the guy should be, how to swing the analog sticks correctly, when to aim and fire correctly, etc. With under 300 sniper kills, I'm not doing too bad and it's honestly not THAT difficult. It's hard, but not as hard as many make it out to be. I've still got a lot of learning to do. You can see me getting the 50 kills with an ACOG sight attachment in that clip and the 150 OSK DSR challenge done as well, so I really just started off doing this.

ANY AND ALL FEEDBACK IS APPRECIATED!

The reason it's not full quickscoping is because I'm trying to get the feel of everything and work on my accuracy first. I don't think I'm that horrible. A lot of times I'm using both analog sticks to move around while trying this. I'm trying to work on my OSKs too and seem to be getting a decent amount of headshots. I'm trying to get the guy lined up dead center in the scope as well and that's why there's a lot of 'hardscoping' or whatever in it. It's hard to ride a bike without first using training wheels

P.S. That's DEFINITELY the best spot for Sentry guns on that map. Got 23 kills (more kills than anyone on my team except me) with them there.

Stats below so you can see I'm an average player by most people's standards.

52% Ballista Accuracy with a 1.2 KD
43% DSR Accuracy with a 1.0 KD

Overall KD is 1.24, SPM is 394. I'm an objective whore usually and I despise camping and headglitching. W/L don't matter since I'm not staying in a game with laughable hit detection. It's still over 1 though, I think 1.1 maybe? Who knows.

A MESSAGE TO ALL!

IF YOU CLAIM SOMETHING IS OP OR CHEAP, USE IT YOURSELF FOR QUITE SOME TIME AND THEN COME UP WITH YOUR VERDICT ON IT!

I never said quickscoping was OP, I just said I didn't think it was as difficult as certain people said. I'm deciding for myself.
#2ihaveyahoorares(Topic Creator)Posted 2/8/2013 1:10:37 AM
Oh, and my sensitivity is on 9. I use 9 for everything. Thinking about bumping it up to 10 soon though.
#3ImTooSkilleddPosted 2/8/2013 1:18:37 AM
I applaud you just for the fact that you actually attempted it and tried it out for yourself before making claims that it's so easy or OP.

Keep up the practice...you'll be surprised to see how much you improve over the course of a month or so.

BTW, don't worry about "hardscoping" for kills. Nothing wrong with it. People who ONLY quickscope usually are the ones going 10-20 every game. Just quickscope when you need to, or when you're in Combat Training for practice.
---
XBL GT: PhysiKuL
"Please tell us again of the importance of being a pro Call of Duty player. I seemed to have missed that."
#4ihaveyahoorares(Topic Creator)Posted 2/8/2013 1:33:11 AM
ImTooSkilledd posted...
I applaud you just for the fact that you actually attempted it and tried it out for yourself before making claims that it's so easy or OP.

Keep up the practice...you'll be surprised to see how much you improve over the course of a month or so.

BTW, don't worry about "hardscoping" for kills. Nothing wrong with it. People who ONLY quickscope usually are the ones going 10-20 every game. Just quickscope when you need to, or when you're in Combat Training for practice.

Thanks. I'm giving it a shot. I'm trying to get better with all the weapons and just in general. I feel trying to quickscope and use a sniper in a rushing offensive style will actually help with my awareness and rushing game in general as well. Since you're so limited with the weapon you have.

I've already tried out the TF and used it for probably 300 or more kills. I can say without a doubt it's much easier. You notice a lot of people you wouldn't have noticed before. I started off camping hard as hell in MW2. I can camp WAY to good haha. Give me a TF and it's just overkill.
#5ImTooSkilleddPosted 2/8/2013 1:34:21 AM
ihaveyahoorares posted...
ImTooSkilledd posted...

Thanks. I'm giving it a shot. I'm trying to get better with all the weapons and just in general. I feel trying to quickscope and use a sniper in a rushing offensive style will actually help with my awareness and rushing game in general as well. Since you're so limited with the weapon you have.

I've already tried out the TF and used it for probably 300 or more kills. I can say without a doubt it's much easier. You notice a lot of people you wouldn't have noticed before. I started off camping hard as hell in MW2. I can camp WAY to good haha. Give me a TF and it's just overkill.

Watch...after sniping for a while, and then going back to using a PDW/FAL/AN94, you'll see how much easier it is rushing around with a reg gun.
---
"Please tell us again of the importance of being a pro Call of Duty player. I seemed to have missed that."
#6__redxiii__Posted 2/8/2013 1:36:06 AM
Play hardpoint, DOM is lame and boring, this game has turned DOM into a k/d padding mode.
#7__redxiii__Posted 2/8/2013 1:36:34 AM
And I know yahoo you don't care for stats or anything, I'm just thinking in text.
#8ImTooSkilleddPosted 2/8/2013 1:37:00 AM
__redxiii__ posted...
Play hardpoint, DOM is lame and boring, this game has turned DOM into a k/d padding mode.

Lmao, Domination has been a k/d padding mode since CoD4.
---
#9ihaveyahoorares(Topic Creator)Posted 2/8/2013 1:45:15 AM
__redxiii__ posted...

I gotta start off with an easier game mode to predict where people are first.

Domination is BAD without a party.
Hardpoint is just atrocious.

I had a Domination game on Slums where I started off 12-3 sniping and got B by myself... 3 times. Left since my team of randumbs just all camped corners and wouldn't even camp near B once I got it.

I couldn't imagine what Hardpoint would be like without a party....
#10__redxiii__Posted 2/8/2013 1:46:58 AM
ihaveyahoorares posted...
__redxiii__ posted...

I gotta start off with an easier game mode to predict where people are first.

Domination is BAD without a party.
Hardpoint is just atrocious.

I had a Domination game on Slums where I started off 12-3 sniping and got B by myself... 3 times. Left since my team of randumbs just all camped corners and wouldn't even camp near B once I got it.

I couldn't imagine what Hardpoint would be like without a party....

Well actually randoms actually try to get into the hardpoint. I think it's easier on their minds, "derp, I gotta protect 3 things, now I only gotta protect one."