Is Hybrid Optic + Select Fire really OPed enough to restrict it's use?

#1WraithX_959Posted 2/8/2013 3:15:58 AM
I've been working on unlocking all the reticles for the different optics and I was saving Hybrid Optic for last because I wanted to use it with select fire on the Fal. Of course the first time I try it the combo is unusable, what's the point? I don't see how this combo would be any more over powered than Laser sight + SMG. I can see why FMJ + MMS is restricted, but I just don't get why this combo is.
#2Aether_LyricPosted 2/8/2013 3:17:49 AM
It's not because it's OP lol, it's because they both require the same button to toggle
#3__redxiii__Posted 2/8/2013 3:19:46 AM
Aether_Lyric posted...
It's not because it's OP lol, it's because they both require the same button to toggle

No, hybrid = ADS + press in left analog to toggle sights. SF = left d-pad.
#4Aether_LyricPosted 2/8/2013 3:22:27 AM(edited)
...oh yeah, I got mixed up with MW3, haven't used the Hybrid since release week

I guess it's because they use the same "slot" on the gun (whatever it's called), like how you can't have two underbarrel attachments
#5__redxiii__Posted 2/8/2013 3:25:02 AM
Aether_Lyric posted...

I guess it's because they use the same "slot" on the gun (whatever it's called), like how you can't have two underbarrel attachments

SF is a real thing it's next to the safety. The hybrid is a sight... on top of the gun. Not the same place.
#6Aether_LyricPosted 2/8/2013 3:32:09 AM
__redxiii__ posted...
Aether_Lyric posted...

SF is a real thing it's next to the safety. The hybrid is a sight... on top of the gun. Not the same place.

It has to be something related to that because the grenade launcher, select fire and hybrid sight are all incompatible with each other. Every other optic has no problems.
#7__redxiii__Posted 2/8/2013 3:34:27 AM
Aether_Lyric posted...
__redxiii__ posted...
Aether_Lyric posted...

It has to be something related to that because the grenade launcher, select fire and hybrid sight are all incompatible with each other. Every other optic has no problems.

Nade launcher and SF use the same input. I used to think your posts were good and informative, but after this topic... idk now, I need time to think.
#8Aether_LyricPosted 2/8/2013 3:44:42 AM
Unless someone can give a logical reason why Treyarch would intentionally ban hybrid + select fire (I certainly can't think of anything), when every other sight is allowed with it, I'm just going to assume something to do with compatibility
#9nooGaniPosted 2/8/2013 4:31:51 AM
Unless someone can give a logical reason why Treyarch would intentionally ban hybrid + select fire (I certainly can't think of anything), when every other sight is allowed with it, I'm just going to assume something to do with compatibility

Compatibility is a dumb excuse. They feel having full auto + red dot / burst fire + acog gives us too much of an advantage. Same reason why FMJ isn't allowed with MMS (detect players through walls and less damage reduction? NOPE)
#10__redxiii__Posted 2/8/2013 4:36:56 AM
Don't get me started on only being able to have 1 smoke nade.