Is Hybrid Optic + Select Fire really OPed enough to restrict it's use?

#11Aether_LyricPosted 2/8/2013 5:48:01 AM
nooGani posted...
Compatibility is a dumb excuse. They feel having full auto + red dot / burst fire + acog gives us too much of an advantage. Same reason why FMJ isn't allowed with MMS (detect players through walls and less damage reduction? NOPE)

Compatibility isn't a dumb excuse, it's been a reason for many attachment restrictions in previous games.

It can't be for balance reasons. The grenade launcher is in the same category of restrictions as the other 2, and you can't honestly tell me that the combination of grenade launcher + select fire or hybrid sight is unbalanced in Treyarch's eyes. They have nothing to do with each other.

Also Grip + grenade launcher is restricted... explain that one :\
#12__redxiii__Posted 2/8/2013 5:56:14 AM
Aether_Lyric posted...
nooGani posted...
Compatibility is a dumb excuse. They feel having full auto + red dot / burst fire + acog gives us too much of an advantage. Same reason why FMJ isn't allowed with MMS (detect players through walls and less damage reduction? NOPE)

Compatibility isn't a dumb excuse, it's been a reason for many attachment restrictions in previous games.

It can't be for balance reasons. The grenade launcher is in the same category of restrictions as the other 2, and you can't honestly tell me that the combination of grenade launcher + select fire or hybrid sight is unbalanced in Treyarch's eyes. They have nothing to do with each other.

WTF? Grenade Launcher and SF use the same input, which you stated you thought was a problem for Hybrid + SF which are different inputs (you thought they used the same input). Grip and Launcher would be on the underbarrel of the gun, which earlier you thought select fire and hybrid sight were the same parts of the gun. I mean seriously, go back and read through the entire topic.
#13Lerp85Posted 2/8/2013 7:41:11 AM
Aether_Lyric posted...
nooGani posted...

Wow, you just can't grasp this can you? They don't want you having more than one sight with select fire, thats all. A sight on top of the gun has nothing to do with an electrical input on the side of the gun.
---
https://www.youtube.com/user/gamelerp85?feature=mhee
My youtube. I just started it, but am making gameplay vids. Nothing special. Check it out.