Please, tell me again how having a high k/d makes you a good player.

#71duericPosted 2/8/2013 4:20:15 PM
fatclemenza posted...

lol oh boy shots fired

Nah. I can just relate. I've been there a million times.

Somebody who I don't think is all that good is kicking the crap out of me and my team. The only thing left for me to do is go tryhard for the win to help appease the little bit of ego I have left.

We take whatever situation we're in and spin it so it makes us feel better. But the reality is, we'd pretty much rather be on the other side of the coin every time. It's how competitive egos work. Basically they're broken. LOL
---
"It's like people using the internet have never heard of the internet." - SadHillShowdown Gamefaqs member
#72supercoolisaac(Topic Creator)Posted 2/8/2013 4:20:52 PM
dueric posted...
supercoolisaac posted...

I'd rather go 5-50 and win than got 200-0 and lose. I hate losing,

Please understand that there is no way I can believe you on this.

You post daily on a forum about the game. You relish the nickname the other members here have so kindly bestowed on you. And you have a good KD yourself.

You can't possibly expect anyone to believe that you haven't been on the other side of something like this before.

The only difference is, nobody on the other team had the wherewithal to take a picture and post it.

1. Other side of something like this, meaning what exactly? Do you mean games where i killwhored and we lost? No. I don't do that. Winning comes first.

2. What nickname is this?

3. I don't see how posting here or having a good k/d myself are relevant.
---
"Persistence until excellence."
http://www.youtube.com/user/supercoolisaac
#73ZeroShot101Posted 2/8/2013 4:39:20 PM(edited)
Exactly why im losing my faith in domination most of the time people just come into lobbies to pad their dam K/D rather then help their team win. I hate this community because they leave the second you start to either win badly(100-20 in the first half) or the moment you pull the high streaks. anyone who goes 85-7 in a dom match but has about 3-4 caps isn't even helping their team really it shows he capped 2 times other then the A and C flag during half time even the amount of defends he has is a sign he was just padding his K/D
#74duericPosted 2/8/2013 4:40:16 PM
supercoolisaac posted...
dueric posted...
supercoolisaac posted...

You post daily on a forum about the game. You relish the nickname the other members here have so kindly bestowed on you. And you have a good KD yourself.

You can't possibly expect anyone to believe that you haven't been on the other side of something like this before.

The only difference is, nobody on the other team had the wherewithal to take a picture and post it.

1. Other side of something like this, meaning what exactly? Do you mean games where i killwhored and we lost? No. I don't do that. Winning comes first.

2. What nickname is this?

3. I don't see how posting here or having a good k/d myself are relevant.

1) How do you know he was killwhoring? He had more than 2 caps and very few defends which means he wasn't camping. Maybe he was trying to win intially but just couldn't get over the hump, so he decided to try and slay. Are you saying you've never ever had a good score and lost?

Here's the thing. If you always play to win you should have come across a million games like this in your time in COD. Why post about this particular one?

Did the dude recognize you and talk s***? Did he kill you a lot? There has to be some reason other than the outcome since you should have been there before. Right?
---
"It's like people using the internet have never heard of the internet." - SadHillShowdown Gamefaqs member
#75duericPosted 2/8/2013 4:43:43 PM
ZeroShot101 posted...
Exactly why im losing my faith in domination most of the time people just come into lobbies to pad their dam K/D rather then help their team win. I hate this community because they leave the second you start to either win badly(100-20 in the first half) or the moment you pull the high streaks. anyone who goes 85-7 in a dom match but has about 3-4 caps isn't even helping their team really it shows he capped 2 times other then the A and C flag during half time even the amount of defends he has is a sign he was just padding his K/D

Dude, there's 8 other people on your team to try and help win. One person can;t do it alone anyway. Not to mention the 9 people on the enemy side trying to kill you.

If it were that easy to pad KD in DOM, everyone would do it.

But keep telling yourself that. I used to.
---
#76DrBausPosted 2/8/2013 4:44:25 PM
gunho7 posted...
He was running lightning, lodestar, VTOL. No dogs. Get it right supertroll.

lol @ how he had 2 defends while using lightning and lodestar.

lol stay mad
---
Whenever I'm sad, I just stop being sad and be awesome instead
#77ZeroShot101Posted 2/8/2013 4:49:12 PM
dueric posted...
ZeroShot101 posted...

Dude, there's 8 other people on your team to try and help win. One person can;t do it alone anyway. Not to mention the 9 people on the enemy side trying to kill you.

If it were that easy to pad KD in DOM, everyone would do it.

But keep telling yourself that. I used to.

Okay if he was getting the amount of kills he got in that match he should have way more defends since Isaac's team was going for the caps that guy should have way more then 2 defends he wasn't even going near the flags in reality he got 2 caps during that match that didn't involve capping A or C at the beginning of each half
#78duericPosted 2/8/2013 4:59:07 PM
ZeroShot101 posted...

Okay if he was getting the amount of kills he got in that match he should have way more defends since Isaac's team was going for the caps that guy should have way more then 2 defends he wasn't even going near the flags in reality he got 2 caps during that match that didn't involve capping A or C at the beginning of each half

Dude, the point you're missing is, what aisle do you buy this product in?

Maybe in a pro game s*** always works out to the theory. But in a 9v9 pub, it ain't exactly Gamebattles.

Maybe he wanted the setup to defend, but some bananahead teammate kept stealing it and didn't have the ability to hold the spot.

I mean, the dude did die 7 times. He could have tried to cap B 7 times and gave up because his teammates weren't doing s***. Look at the scores of everyone in the game, not just the top people. He isn't necessarily the problem.

Everyone seems to be overlooking the fact that you have at least 2 very good players in that game who got 85 kills dropped on them by one guy.
---
#79justincase04Posted 2/8/2013 5:20:00 PM
dueric posted...
supercoolisaac posted...

I know it may be hard for you to understand this. Maybe some people like you have never been in a competitive type sport and/or situation but losing is the absolute worst. All the wins just roll together. It's the losses that stay there for a long time. When that mentality is built into you you will do anything to win and you won't ever quit. It's not the talented guys at this game you need to worry about. It's the guys that would do anything to win you need to look out for
---
http://www.youtube.com/justincase04 | GT: Chubby Nemo
#80duericPosted 2/8/2013 5:31:16 PM
justincase04 posted...

I know it may be hard for you to understand this. Maybe some people like you have never been in a competitive type sport and/or situation but losing is the absolute worst. All the wins just roll together. It's the losses that stay there for a long time. When that mentality is built into you you will do anything to win and you won't ever quit. It's not the talented guys at this game you need to worry about. It's the guys that would do anything to win you need to look out for

Dude, my attitude toward competition in videogames stems FROM my history in athletics.

I literally cannot throw anything anymore without feeling pain up into my ear. My knees crack every time I bend. My back has good days and bad. I have to use a spotter even when I warm up on bench because my right elbow is held together by love and unicorn feathers now.

It's the people who have no competitive athletic background that get it f***** up.
---