Please, tell me again how having a high k/d makes you a good player.

#91trakrunr4evrPosted 2/8/2013 5:58:38 PM
fatclemenza posted...
Wait. Play a videogame the way you want? What is this high falutin' Wall Street mumbo jumbo you're speaking?

You're killing the sportsmanship with that attitude, bro.

yeah you're right, brb getting energy drinks and sweatband gearing up for the MLG tournament in my room

Don't forget the Doritos.
---
GT: Stelthmastr
#92trakrunr4evrPosted 2/8/2013 6:07:32 PM
On to something more important... When the F*** are you guys going to play again? I hate playing solo...
---
#93supercoolisaac(Topic Creator)Posted 2/8/2013 6:11:54 PM
trakrunr4evr posted...
On to something more important... When the F*** are you guys going to play again? I hate playing solo...

9 central i think :)
---
"Persistence until excellence."
http://www.youtube.com/user/supercoolisaac
#94trakrunr4evrPosted 2/8/2013 6:13:24 PM
supercoolisaac posted...
trakrunr4evr posted...

9 central i think :)

Cool beans, bro. I just turned my Xbox on, but would rather lurk these boards until I have someone to play with lol.
---
#95justincase04Posted 2/8/2013 7:17:36 PM
dueric posted...
justincase04 posted...

So then why is it so hard for you to believe that someone would rather go -100 and win than go +200 and lose? Stats and all that stuff is a by-product from a strong desire to win. People will say they want to win and say they are willing to give up what it would take to win, but clearly when tested will not. The guy that got 85 kills wouldn't give up what the other two guys on the other team were to win. He would rather get 85 kills and lose by 30 than get maybe 50 kills with some more deaths to give his team a better chance at winning. It's simple. All the circumstantial stuff doesn't even matter. They guy just didn't want it more

Because this is a videogame, dude. It's designed for entertainment, not competition. If it were, it wouldn't sell 10 million copies a year.

If you're feeding your competitive "juices" though random public matches in a videogame that's largely based on what kind of connection you have, you have no idea what being competitive means in the first place.

The only place you will find that type of attitude is on forums. Because believe it or not, 90% of the people who play this game don't care. They play because it's a fun videogame. That's it.

Did you completely miss my point, or just ignore it?

I don't think I got your point. You said nobody that posts on this forum would be competitive as they are selfish. I said there are competitive people that play cod relating it real-life competition. You said it's not possible to be competitive at cod because you're an athlete with multiple injuries? I said, yes you can still be competitive and now for some reason if you are competitive at cod you must not know what competition is? I really don't understand the point you are making.

Here is what I know, I play cod to win, Joel plays cod to win. You have never played with either of us (I think) and you know neither of us personally. I know we both play to win. Your judgment says that's not true because we post on gamefaqs?
---
http://www.youtube.com/justincase04 | GT: Chubby Nemo
#96gunho7Posted 2/8/2013 7:28:16 PM
Dueric has played with Joel once or twice
---
GT: steven the show
AKJohnnyB is bad
#97ZeroShot101Posted 2/8/2013 7:46:46 PM
All i can say is if people are going to play an objective game mode AT LEAST play the damn objective since i play solo about 70% of the time i know this all too damn well people come into Dom,KC and Hardpoint matches to kill ***** and don't even bother the slightest to play the objectives and 9 times out of 10 i'll be right, and if you are playing the objective and getting a lot of kills that's EVEN better but as far as that screen shot shows me that guy barely did a damn thing for his team.
#98Zero IXPosted 2/8/2013 10:36:15 PM
also we're suspicious that dueric is actually woodysgamertag
---
"An Incandescent Revelation in a World of Darkened Forms"
The bird of Hermes is my name, eating my wings to make me tame
#99duericPosted 2/9/2013 12:03:56 AM(edited)
Zero IX posted...
also we're suspicious that dueric is actually woodysgamertag

UGH. I remember that. LOL

Not WGT. I cannot stress that enough.

Alls I'm saying is, if we simply look at this as a videogame, it makes things so much better for everyone.

I played a lot of Gotham City Impostors when it came out. It was different and fun as hell.

Then some dude made a topic on the official GCI forums about who the "best" player was. I said nothing, but because I was #2 on the leaderboards, I developed a "reputation". Next thing you know, people are making new accounts and joining my sessions. It was seriously embarrassing.

I stopped playing that game shortly thereafter. And I'm still pissed how it got ruined so fast.

It's all about perception. If we keep ours reasonable, the game is actually fun.
---
"It's like people using the internet have never heard of the internet." - SadHillShowdown Gamefaqs member
#100SparkItUpPosted 2/9/2013 7:08:49 AM
dueric posted...

It's all about perception. If we keep ours reasonable, the game is actually fun.

what madness is this? there really is nothing fun about this game.
---
http://youtu.be/_JyETEkNXSY
Not only the best football player alive...the absolute sexiest.