Trying to get MK48 gold, some tips would be great to have if ya don't mind

#11BrighattalonPosted 2/8/2013 4:07:27 PM
Kirbix posted...
ROFL, people use lightweight on a LMG? It's not an SMG- don't try and make it one.

Flak Jacket
Toughness
Tactical Mask
Primary Gunfighter
FMJ, Target Finder, Silencer- That will solve muzzle flash as well as kick; for whatever reason, TF just bounces less than the red dot & EoTech

I use Claymore/Shock stick for my last 2, but I suppose you could use flash/concussion to make easier targets. That requires you to get close, though- if you're getting close with the Mk48, you're doing it wrong.

Variable Zoom is good in theory, but in practice the kick is insane- your sight just bounces all over the place, and with a headshot you really need stability.

I run the same set up with my MK 48. If there is something more practical, I haven't found it. And the MK 48 is the only gun I have played with enough to get the gold camo (also the only one I cared to get, I'm not into grinding for camos for guns I don't use or like)
---
Xbox live gamertag: winteragent
#12Gunther482Posted 2/8/2013 5:31:14 PM
Here is the set-up I use. I actually just gilded the MK48 yesterday.

MK48 Stock/Quickdraw/Silencer. An EOTech sight also works well instead of the suppressor if you do not like the irons

B23r (for those CQC engagements plus it lets you run faster when drawn)

Primary Gunfighter

FJ
Toughness
Tac Mask

C4
#13GandalfTehGrayPosted 2/8/2013 6:18:42 PM
Stock, rds, silencer
FJ
Toughness
TacMask
C4
Pistol or Tac Grenade.
---
"A wizard is never late, Frodo Baggins. Nor is he early. He arrives precisely when he means to." R.I.P Beleniel91
#14IronMonkey008Posted 2/8/2013 6:55:03 PM(edited)
Throw a silencer on it, it will greatly help your recoil problem since it gets rid of the muzzle flash.

I used this on all my LMG class to get diamond easy

LMG + Silencer + Quick Draw + Stock
Ghost
Toughness
Dex

Last two points I swapped around to different things depending on what I needed (usually adding double perk one and Flack). I don't know what the other two posters are smoking but I played all of them as rushing classes just lie I would with the AR or SMG and had no trouble. If anyone says you are playing wrong without Target Finder they aren't realizing the classes full potential.

---
- My Games - http://backloggery.com/IronMonkey008
- My Books - http://www.goodreads.com/IronMonkey008