How do I not suck with the Remington? -_-

#1KirbixPosted 2/8/2013 4:33:26 PM
I routinely shoot a guy from 10-15 yards: no hitmarker
Guy turns around, I fire again: no hitmarker
He sprays me with his SMG and I die while pumping in my 3rd shell.

Comparatively, the S12 almost never misses. I don't get OHKOs often, but since it's semiautomatic that doesn't matter. Do I need to take off my laser sight and long barrel to spread out the buckshot, or something? I've never seen a shotgun where anything but a direct aim at the torso completely whiffs.
---
Signatures that consist of quotes are bizarre- you could falsify a quote and no one would know.-Jesus
#2GarrafanPosted 2/8/2013 4:34:36 PM
If you're having no problems with the S12 stick to it.

But if you're going for gold camos or something just hip fire.
---
A7x is the best band ever.
#3duericPosted 2/8/2013 4:36:25 PM
10-15 yards is too far for one shots. In this game you'll likely get owned all the time from that distance.

You need to get closer. Try laser sight and long barrel and stay in extreme close quarters. Basically always stay inside.
---
"It's like people using the internet have never heard of the internet." - SadHillShowdown Gamefaqs member
#4Kirbix(Topic Creator)Posted 2/8/2013 4:38:55 PM

The S12 is a different animal, though- I use it the same way I used the AA-12 in MW2: pair it with an AR to make you unbeatable at any range. With the Remington I'd *like* to have a stealthy shotgun class ala silenced Spas from BO1. So far, however, it has proved far more frustrating than rewarding.
---
Signatures that consist of quotes are bizarre- you could falsify a quote and no one would know.-Jesus
#5duericPosted 2/8/2013 4:45:18 PM
Kirbix posted...

The S12 is a different animal, though- I use it the same way I used the AA-12 in MW2: pair it with an AR to make you unbeatable at any range. With the Remington I'd *like* to have a stealthy shotgun class ala silenced Spas from BO1. So far, however, it has proved far more frustrating than rewarding.

Nothing like the Blops 1 Spas exists in this game.

For one, putting a silencer on a shotty in Blops 2 nerfs its' range. Second, the range of the Silenced Spas was leaps and bounds better than the S12 loud, and with a way faster reload to boot.

If you want an effective stealthy shotgun in Blops 2, you're probably going to be disappointed. That's not the way Treyarch wants them to be played.
---
"It's like people using the internet have never heard of the internet." - SadHillShowdown Gamefaqs member
#6TimmotheussPosted 2/8/2013 5:43:26 PM
Using it would be how not to suck with it. Aim and shoot. If they don't die you're doing one of those things incorrectly.
---
GT: Pipfection
The R870 is very difficult to use
#7eddiethemcPosted 2/8/2013 5:51:37 PM
If you're using the 870 then always ADS before shooting. I suggest Quickdraw/ Long Barrel/ Stock if you can. I used to go the the 870 when the host didn't like my connection.
---
Acceptance is the final stage to everything.
#8TheSaintGPosted 2/8/2013 5:52:00 PM
If you suck with the remi then you suck in general.
all you need to do is stop sucking overall. Remington is literally the easy mode of this game. Especially since ADS'ing makes your ohk 90%further and has never been like that in any call of duty
---
Black FC: 3181-5628-6101
#9AlexanaxelaPosted 2/8/2013 6:24:40 PM
If you suck with the remi then you suck in general.
all you need to do is stop sucking overall. Remington is literally the easy mode of this game. Especially since ADS'ing makes your ohk 90%further and has never been like that in any call of duty

you don't actually osk further, you just reduce your spread from a mind numbingly large 10 to 2. Adsing with the stakeout did the same sort of thing reducing the spread from 7 to 3
---
People Disappoint
#10TecmoB0Posted 2/8/2013 6:27:54 PM
ksg is actually ok now. i see no reason to use another shotgun unless youre going for diamond. Really sucks you have to ads with the only useable shotgun
---
Souvlaki space station