Did the smg nerf and Ar buff really do that much.

#12200rmsPosted 2/8/2013 5:34:20 PM
I was just wondering I admit I really don't use Ars, mostly shotty and smg. But I have noticed after the patch I have been seeing a lot more ARs in FFA. Or it might just be from other modes trying FFA I guess.
#2duericPosted 2/8/2013 5:39:33 PM
It changed ARs for the better, but SMGs are still dominant in this game because of the maps and spawns.
---
"It's like people using the internet have never heard of the internet." - SadHillShowdown Gamefaqs member
#3BrighattalonPosted 2/8/2013 5:45:39 PM
The only change that I feel is most noticeable is the increase to the FAL's recoil with full auto select fire.
For the most part, I think the nerfs and buffs were only put into place to satisfy the community without greatly changing the gameplay.
Course that is just my opinion.
---
Xbox live gamertag: winteragent
#4GandalfTehGrayPosted 2/8/2013 6:15:16 PM
Most of the AR's are still trash in comparison, didn't really notice until I prestiged again
---
"A wizard is never late, Frodo Baggins. Nor is he early. He arrives precisely when he means to." R.I.P Beleniel91
#5Solstice_Posted 2/8/2013 6:41:52 PM
Brighattalon posted...
The only change that I feel is most noticeable is the increase to the FAL's recoil with full auto select fire.
For the most part, I think the nerfs and buffs were only put into place to satisfy the community without greatly changing the gameplay.
Course that is just my opinion.

Yeah, the FAL select fire has alot more recoil without question. Glad i got to enjoy the prepatch FAL for as long as i did.

I find i have better games with the M27 after patch. The SMG's are still pretty potent. But the AR's can hold better ground against them now i think.

After the latest patch i have to say this play's alot better for me personally.
---
No, no, the Vagrant Story is not for sale. Now Playing: Black Ops II/Tekken Tag 2/Civilization V/Skyrim/HoMM3
#6BrighattalonPosted 2/11/2013 4:33:31 PM
I still use the FAL with select fire and although the recoil is much more pronounced it is still a great gun to use with or without the attachment.
And yeah, allow me to retract what I said about the update not really doing anything. It's a wonder no one called me out on saying something stupid. I agree that the ARs are much more viable than they were previously, I don't necessarily feel overmatched if I use one now.
And I have had a lot of success with the MTAR since the patch, not to mention the SMR.
---
Xbox live gamertag: winteragent
#7gameflakPosted 2/11/2013 5:23:48 PM
Try the M8 with select fire. It's like an SMG with range.
---
If it's true that we learn from our mistakes, then I should be a frickin' genius by now.
#8GreatKiraLordPosted 2/11/2013 5:26:00 PM
Fal was nerfed to oblivion
Don't use it
M27 is now the best AR in the game so use it
#9gameflakPosted 2/11/2013 5:28:26 PM
M27, seriously?
---
If it's true that we learn from our mistakes, then I should be a frickin' genius by now.
#10MexiRicanMoFoPosted 2/11/2013 5:32:53 PM
GreatKiraLord posted...
Fal was nerfed to oblivion
Don't use it
M27 is now the best AR in the game so use it

Wrong. While the M27 is one of my favorite AR's, it's statistically the worst. And as for the FAL, "nerfed to oblivion" is a huge exaggeration. The recoil with SF is still very manageable, and if anything, it actually got a buff because idle sway and ADS delay were fixed.
---
I don't always take cover when I'm being shot at. But when I do, I didn't.