Someone went 0-102 on my team

#31shadowy_dragonPosted 2/9/2013 11:55:26 PM
George979 posted...
shadowy_dragon posted...
George979 posted...
shadowy_dragon posted...
Arguing with an idiot is like arguing with a dog. They'll keep barking forever without realizing they look stupid.

That's one of the dumbest sigs I've seen in a while. If you're arguing with a dog, the dog's definitely not the one who's going to look stupid...

It's called a hyperbole, an "extreme exaggeration". Take for example: "My high school nurse sucked. You could go in her office with your arm chopped off and she'll just give you a cough drop before ordering you back to class." Can the nurse really be that bad? No, because she'd lose her job, and her office is not where you'd be in this case anyway.

Your post was really funny though. So props lol.

I'm well aware of what a hyperbole is. And your sig is not a good example of a hyperbole; it's more an analogy than anything else. And a terrible one at that.

Well whatever, don't really care what you think of my sig... it's the first I've ever been judged for it, and to be honest, it seems kinda silly for someone to actually be judged for that sort of thing. This is gamefaqs though.
---
Arguing with an idiot is like arguing with a dog. They'll keep barking forever without realizing they look stupid.
#32George979Posted 2/10/2013 12:59:28 AM
shadowy_dragon posted...
Well whatever, don't really care what you think of my sig... it's the first I've ever been judged for it, and to be honest, it seems kinda silly for someone to actually be judged for that sort of thing. This is gamefaqs though.

I love irony. You have a sig that's intended to make fun of idiots. I pointed out that the analogy in your sig is idiotic. You then tried to condescendingly explain that your sig is hyperbole, when it's not.

You're right; this is GameFAQs: where idiots use idiotic sigs to try to make fun of idiots.
---
www.randi.org
#33shadowy_dragonPosted 2/10/2013 7:17:25 AM
George979 posted...
shadowy_dragon posted...

I love irony. You have a sig that's intended to make fun of idiots. I pointed out that the analogy in your sig is idiotic. You then tried to condescendingly explain that your sig is hyperbole, when it's not.

You're right; this is GameFAQs: where idiots use idiotic sigs to try to make fun of idiots.

Are you really trying to make a big discussion over a signature? Do you have any idea how silly that is? Far more than you're making my sig out to be, that's for sure. If you really can't see how stupid this argument looks, then you're the kind of person I was actually thinking of when I made the sig.

I only got two days off every week, spending time on one of them like this is just not the way to do it. So continue on if you wish, as this is exactly a case that my sig is talking about.
---
#34ShawcrossPosted 2/10/2013 7:29:20 AM
In a video on youtube I actually showed a teammate of mine in core TDM go 0-178. He would literally spawn in and kill himself with a SMAW right away. Was annoying cause you heard that explosion for 6 to 8 mins straight on Plaza.
---
I upload mundane videos
http://www.youtube.com/TheSeattleGamer
#35George979Posted 2/10/2013 11:32:24 AM
shadowy_dragon posted...
George979 posted...
shadowy_dragon posted...

Are you really trying to make a big discussion over a signature? Do you have any idea how silly that is? Far more than you're making my sig out to be, that's for sure. If you really can't see how stupid this argument looks, then you're the kind of person I was actually thinking of when I made the sig.

I only got two days off every week, spending time on one of them like this is just not the way to do it. So continue on if you wish, as this is exactly a case that my sig is talking about.

I just like to point out hypocrisy, that's all. You make fun of idiots in your sig, but the analogy in your sig doesn't work and is itself completely idiotic and stupid. And the funny thing is you don't seem to realize that. Sure, arguing about it is a little stupid and pointless. But what the hey: This is GameFAQs, right?
---
www.randi.org
#36aNiceLayPosted 2/10/2013 11:33:15 AM
went 0-62 by running in front of enemies then killing myself with an smaw so they didn't get the kills. woohooo
---
GT: The 17th Bronco
Currently Playing: Blops2, Skate3
#37George979Posted 2/10/2013 11:40:38 AM
shadowy_dragon posted...
So continue on if you wish, as this is exactly a case that my sig is talking about.

I love it! This guy still doesn't get my point does he? So I'm the dog, I'm barking and barking; and he's the one arguing with a dog. OK, which one of us looks more stupid?
---
www.randi.org
#38FunklemirePosted 2/11/2013 1:53:51 AM
Oh no, George is being an *ss again. C'mon, there's no need to attack the dude over his sig.

Though, I have to agree that the sig is pretty stupid. George has a point: if you're arguing with a dog, only YOU are going to look stupid.

So yeah, the guy has a stupid sig. No reason to attack him and be a d*** about it.
---
One of the most important documents of our time:
http://www.venganza.org/about/open-letter/
#39Jeh64Posted 2/11/2013 4:18:51 AM
Ive seen it too TC, don't understand the point either.