I wish these games never came out

#11__redxiii__Posted 2/8/2013 11:57:45 PM
KILLSTREAK posted...
I love COD, but what I don't love is the fact that many other really good games get steamrolled by it - if a completely new game in the shooter genre came out 3 months either side of COD's release it would die a death, regardless of how well made it was. There has always been competition like this between games, but COD as a franchise has taken over everything with a yearly release and huge fanbase. Everyone buys it and they dont change to other games because all their friends are on COD. the season passes also seal the deal - I might have gone to Crysis 3, but I bought Blops 2's season pass and I dont want to waste my money...

*complains about the season pass but buys it*
#12FeelMyBladePosted 2/9/2013 12:10:53 AM
F_H_Nukem posted...
FeelMyBlade posted...
A little bit off topic, but does anyone know when can I preorder mw4?

you make good posts and bad ones

this is one of the bad ones. stop trolling and please stop blindly jumping on activision's side (i WAS gonna use i different 4 letter word, but i dont wanna get modded)

you really are one of the blindest fanboys i know

That was a joke. But I don't really see what is wrong in buying something you enjoy.
---
Currently Playing: Black Ops 2
#13GreatKiraLordPosted 2/9/2013 12:14:32 AM
yearly release is one of the worst things that's ever happened to cod
no offense to those that like this game but cod overall is a simple twitch shooter and nothing more. it's not award-winning worthy. it's not innovative. it's the same repackaged garbage that keeps coming out. COD4 was great and I'm sure many of you will agree with that statement. But since then COD has NEVER changed. This year, I will not be buying COD and will play BF4, since that game is going to be amazing as BF3 was, which stopped me from playing MW3 aka MW2.5
#14Fricken_OatmealPosted 2/9/2013 12:24:04 AM
does anybody else have trouble coping with having a hairy butthole?
---
ME: http://i.imgur.com/DX9Am.png
GT: Fricken Oatmeal
#15crazyeightz1Posted 2/9/2013 12:26:10 AM
$60 bucks for a game that keeps me playing since its release is well worth the money invested. It's not that I don't want to try out other games, it's the fact that those games can't hold my attention enough to keep me away from playing CoD is what is keeping me from buying them. I've always been a Halo fan through thick and thin. Played the heck out of Halo 4 but ever since I picked up Cod for the first time with BO2, I have never touched Halo 4 again.
#16Foxx3kPosted 2/9/2013 12:26:42 AM
WestSdeNleVrus posted...
I think the yearly COD's were the worst thing to happen to gaming this generation....I'd be perfectly fine with every other year....

Why should shooters not be allowed to have annual franchises when sports games have been doing it for 25 years?

In fact, many franchises do it. And it's nothing that started with COD.

Quake had an annual release from 1996 through 2000 if you include expansion packs (which, mind you, were $30-$40 in that time frame).

Battlefield has had an annual release since 2002 if you include expansion packs in some areas and stop-gaps in others (Battlefield 1943, for instance).

With the exception of 2001, Medal of Honor had an annual release from 1999 through 2007. (With 2006 and 2007 being weird with platforms).
---
[LanParty nF4 Ultra-D] [AMD64 3700+ San Diego] [2x 1gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8] [2x 250gb Barracuda] [Soundblaster Audigy 2 ZS] [X850XTPE]
#17Chrono_teeth(Topic Creator)Posted 2/9/2013 12:45:54 AM
theres nothing wrong with enjoying yearly installments, whats wrong is that developers hound over cod sales like mad, which eliminates a lot of variety or have a lot of series going towards action more than anything else.

variety is the spice of life, playin the same thing over and over can be too killer to you
---
wohhhohohoh
#18__redxiii__Posted 2/9/2013 12:48:16 AM
Lol. No one addresses the fact that no matter how much people act like they hate it they're going to buy it because even a bad COD is 20x better than any other "realistic"
FPS. Not to mention this is the only game where people "don't play" but continue to linger on the board til the next COD comes out, spewing hate about the game even though they secretly play it.
#19Chrono_teeth(Topic Creator)Posted 2/9/2013 12:50:03 AM
I dont hate it, heck I like it a lot. I just wish other developers wouldn't keep hounding over trying to keep on getting cod style over being itself
---
wohhhohohoh
#20Foxx3kPosted 2/9/2013 12:56:46 AM
Chrono_teeth posted...
theres nothing wrong with enjoying yearly installments, whats wrong is that developers hound over cod sales like mad, which eliminates a lot of variety or have a lot of series going towards action more than anything else.

variety is the spice of life, playin the same thing over and over can be too killer to you

Medal of Honor: Warfighter is more distinct compared to COD than most people will admit. Probably because most people who criticize it for copying COD, never played Warfighter.

Battlefield 3 is totally distinct. I can't think of any similarities other than "they both have guns" and "they both try to capture an 'authentic' feel".

Killzone 2 / 3, which for whatever reason are usually lumped in with the COD-ification of gaming, has more similarity to Warfighter (or, I suppose, vice versa) than Call of Duty.

(Far Cry 3, maybe, I haven't played MP in that).

The only game that I can think of that blatantly tries to blatantly copy Call of Duty is Medal of Honor 2010's MP (not SP, the SP in that game was better than most recent CODs).

(I am of course ignoring many free to play PC games, which seem desperate to copy the formula as simply as they can).

What *HAS* Call of Duty done to gaming?

Well it has promoted a lobby system on consoles that does not require players to ready up before starting a round. I don't think anybody complains about this.

It has promoted persistence through unlocks, which I don't necessarily see as a bad thing. (And it could be argued that Battlefield 2 spearheaded this change prior to COD4).
It has promoted attachments and attachment systems for weapons as a variable in MP. (Attachments are nothing new, but at the moment I cannot think of another game that promoted attachments in such a way as COD4).

Killstreaks, definitely. Again I don't think it was a "new" idea in COD4 (it was at least done prior in COD3 and, I think COD:UO). But this again falls under the realm of most copy-cats not taking it to the same extent as COD (for better or worse - in many times better).
---
[LanParty nF4 Ultra-D] [AMD64 3700+ San Diego] [2x 1gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8] [2x 250gb Barracuda] [Soundblaster Audigy 2 ZS] [X850XTPE]