It's sad...

#1ImTooSkilleddPosted 2/9/2013 12:27:53 AM
CoD will never be as good as it can be, regardless of what the developers do, because the community is so ****. I feel like the community just keeps declining with every new game. I don't know, maybe I'm just being nostalgic of the older CoDs...but I feel like the community was much better back then. I'm not saying that there weren't douchebags back in CoD4...there were plenty. But they weren't nearly as common as they are now. Maybe it is the game developer's fault, though...the more **** they add in, the greater the chance there is of something being abused or used solely for the annoyance of others.

/rant
/jimmiesrustled
---
XBL GT: PhysiKuL
"Please tell us again of the importance of being a pro Call of Duty player. I seemed to have missed that."
#2Foxx3kPosted 2/9/2013 12:29:36 AM
Why does the community affect the intrinsic quality of the game?

Now, if you argue that the developers are keeping the community in mind and tailoring it towards them, then that's an argument I can buy into.
---
[LanParty nF4 Ultra-D] [AMD64 3700+ San Diego] [2x 1gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8] [2x 250gb Barracuda] [Soundblaster Audigy 2 ZS] [X850XTPE]
#3__redxiii__Posted 2/9/2013 12:30:31 AM
This post is in regards to what? If anything the people that are the "****" part of the community are the ones feeding everyone kills. What, is target finder making you mad? Yes it shows you as a red diamond but you still have to aim and shoot the person. So that target finder "noob" is beating you in fights?
#4ArcXenosPosted 2/9/2013 12:30:39 AM
People might call it nostalgia, but honestly, it was alot more chill back then. I am entirely serious.

You can actually do well and not be harassed, there weren't as many jokescopers as today, and it was.... alot more calmer than today.
---
Anything developed by Hammerpoint interactive = NEVER BUY
#5GreatKiraLordPosted 2/9/2013 12:32:05 AM
It's true.
I now play this game as a mean to not get bored of dark souls, bf3, planetside 2.
There are better games with better community.
#6__redxiii__Posted 2/9/2013 12:38:22 AM
Once again, what is the community doing to upset you people? Is it how they play? The guns they use? Or are ya'll just crying?
#7ImTooSkilledd(Topic Creator)Posted 2/9/2013 12:43:18 AM(edited)
Foxx3k posted...

Now, if you argue that the developers are keeping the community in mind and tailoring it towards them, then that's an argument I can buy into.

The community affects my ability to enjoy the game, thus making the game less fun. No it doesn't affect the intrinsic quality, but when I think about whether a game is good or not, my first thought is how fun it is.

__redxiii__ posted...
This post is in regards to what? If anything the people that are the "****" part of the community are the ones feeding everyone kills. What, is target finder making you mad? Yes it shows you as a red diamond but you still have to aim and shoot the person. So that target finder "noob" is beating you in fights?

Your assumption that I'm mad/upset about doing poorly, which isn't the case. I'm perfectly competent when it comes to playing this game. I do well (2.5+ K/D, 2.5+ W/L). However I still don't enjoy it as much as I could simply because of the way people play/act.

Also, when I say the community is ****, I'm not referring to the skill. I just mean the community sucks in terms of how they act. People will play in the most ridiculous ways to attempt to do well. Yeah, I know, it's their game and they can do what they want. But that doesn't mean it won't affect my ability to enjoy the game. Back in CoD4, I don't remember running into many people that hindered my ability to enjoy the game. And I know you all will call it nostalgia, but I still play CoD4 to this day, and it's the same. Only reason I don't solely play CoD4 is because I have friends that play this game, and the population on CoD4 is pretty small.
---
XBL GT: PhysiKuL
"Please tell us again of the importance of being a pro Call of Duty player. I seemed to have missed that."
#8__redxiii__Posted 2/9/2013 12:40:08 AM
ImTooSkilledd posted...
Foxx3k posted...

The community affects my ability to enjoy the game, thus making the game less fun. No it doesn't affect the intrinsic quality, but when I think about whether a game is good or not, my first thought is how fun it is.

__redxiii__ posted...

Your assumption that I'm mad/upset about doing poorly, which isn't the case. I'm perfectly competent when it comes to playing this game. I do well (2.5+ K/D, 2.5+ W/L). However I still don't enjoy it as much as I could simply because of the way people play/act.

Once again, what are they doing to make you mad?
#9GreatKiraLordPosted 2/9/2013 12:45:50 AM
Sadly, most of my friends that played this said this game is garbage and just sold it and got on planetside 2, which i the reason why i play ps2. No offense to anyone that likes it but this game IMHO is garbage/unplayable. It's just one of the reasons why I will be playing BF4 over COD#whatever number since it's all the same.
#10Foxx3kPosted 2/9/2013 12:46:26 AM
I don't see how anything can be worse than OMA Mortar Tubers in MW2 in ruining the enjoyability of a game.
---
[LanParty nF4 Ultra-D] [AMD64 3700+ San Diego] [2x 1gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8] [2x 250gb Barracuda] [Soundblaster Audigy 2 ZS] [X850XTPE]