POLL: Target Finder usage

#11LeviCashPosted 2/9/2013 5:30:10 AM
I like it. I use it to kill enemy's and win games.
#12iBlackice25(Topic Creator)Posted 2/9/2013 5:32:15 AM
LeviCash posted...
I like it. I use it to kill enemy's and win games.

Well said sir, well said.
---
GT: DarknessSniperX
Youtube channel: aquaAffinity2
#13ImTooSkilleddPosted 2/9/2013 5:32:58 AM
Here's my gripe with TF:

It's not that it's an "OP" attachment or anything. But the playstyle it encourages is flat-out annoying. It encourages people to just stare down their sights all game. Many of the killcams I see with TF show the person not moving at all, even after they get the kill. They just continue to look down their sights and wait for the next red diamond to pop up.

If someone is actually running around and moving with their TF, then I have no problem with it at all.
---
XBL GT: PhysiKuL
"Please tell us again of the importance of being a pro Call of Duty player. I seemed to have missed that."
#14KayGirlPosted 2/9/2013 5:37:37 AM
iBlackice25 posted...
KayGirl posted...
I am embarrassed for anyone who has to rely on target finder. I would never put that cheap attachment on any of my classes.

I understand where you're coming from, but i dont really think its "cheap", considering the fact that the characters blend in with most of the maps.

The diamond is just too big. It shouldn't pick up on people who haven't even turned the corner.

As for the maps being dark thing, target finder takes away the ability to be stealth and use the darkness to your advantage (and I'm not talking about hiding in a corner). I don't know - the attachment just strikes me as unfair.
---
Twitter: KarynWolo, My latest articles: Making Zelda Wii U the Best Game Ever: http://t.co/M5QHJgkc and Bioshock Infinite Influences: http://tinyurl.com/afl8vxm
#15KayGirlPosted 2/9/2013 5:39:43 AM
ImTooSkilledd posted...
Here's my gripe with TF:

It's not that it's an "OP" attachment or anything. But the playstyle it encourages is flat-out annoying. It encourages people to just stare down their sights all game. Many of the killcams I see with TF show the person not moving at all, even after they get the kill. They just continue to look down their sights and wait for the next red diamond to pop up.

If someone is actually running around and moving with their TF, then I have no problem with it at all.

And this.
---
Twitter: KarynWolo, My latest articles: Making Zelda Wii U the Best Game Ever: http://t.co/M5QHJgkc and Bioshock Infinite Influences: http://tinyurl.com/afl8vxm
#16iBlackice25(Topic Creator)Posted 2/9/2013 5:46:53 AM
KayGirl posted...
iBlackice25 posted...
KayGirl posted...
I am embarrassed for anyone who has to rely on target finder. I would never put that cheap attachment on any of my classes.

I understand where you're coming from, but i dont really think its "cheap", considering the fact that the characters blend in with most of the maps.

The diamond is just too big. It shouldn't pick up on people who haven't even turned the corner.

As for the maps being dark thing, target finder takes away the ability to be stealth and use the darkness to your advantage (and I'm not talking about hiding in a corner). I don't know - the attachment just strikes me as unfair.

I dont think target finder on an LMG would be unfair because it already has a whole bunch of disadvantages towards encountering people around corners since it has such slow movement speed, but SMGs would be stupid with TF, so i think its fair enough.
---
#17iBlackice25(Topic Creator)Posted 2/9/2013 5:50:14 AM
ImTooSkilledd posted...
Here's my gripe with TF:

But then again, if someone is running around with a target finder, then clearly they dont know how to use it. Sure, it would be better if they werent statues and actually moved a bit, but running wouldnt make much sense. Its a target FINDER, you dont have to run around and find targets, the attachement does it for you.
---
#18ImTooSkilleddPosted 2/9/2013 6:04:32 AM
iBlackice25 posted...
ImTooSkilledd posted...
Here's my gripe with TF:

But then again, if someone is running around with a target finder, then clearly they dont know how to use it. Sure, it would be better if they werent statues and actually moved a bit, but running wouldnt make much sense. Its a target FINDER, you dont have to run around and find targets, the attachement does it for you.

I mean I'm not saying they should run around like a chicken with its head cut off...but staring down your sights for 75% of the game is just overkill IMO. ****s annoying and takes away any reflexes needed (another reason why peopled think it's a "noob" attachment aside from the whole spotting your targets for you).

I'm not going to be dumb and act like there aren't any good players who use TF. But I will say the vast majority of people I see using it are pretty bad at the game.
---
XBL GT: PhysiKuL
"Please tell us again of the importance of being a pro Call of Duty player. I seemed to have missed that."
#19iBlackice25(Topic Creator)Posted 2/9/2013 6:04:34 AM
I just unlocked it for the mk48, and i have to say its amazing.
---
#20Gunther482Posted 2/9/2013 6:10:03 AM
I used it on the LMGs when the game first released bit I havent used it in a couple months.