Played all of the other COD games, how does this compare?

#1AndyTBPosted 2/9/2013 6:10:47 AM
I'm getting tempted to pick up BLOPS 2, how does it compare with the previous COD games? More of the same or bigger and better?
---
I dont suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it!
#2stixzillaPosted 2/9/2013 6:15:58 AM
everyone here will tell you it's still not as good as mw2

I think mw2 was trash and this is my favorite CoD since CoD4 so that's my 2 cents
---
Streaming live everyday for 1 year
www.twitch.tv/ke7chum
#3AndyTB(Topic Creator)Posted 2/9/2013 6:23:10 AM
Thanks for the reply, I'm really in two minds about this game, there seems to be such a wide range of opinion. Some such as yourself love it others hate it, I don't remember a COD game separating opinion like this before.
---
I dont suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it!
#4HiraishinPosted 2/9/2013 6:24:56 AM
lag switchers run rampant on this game
---
Xboxlive: Bruta1 Karnag3
#5iBlackice25Posted 2/9/2013 6:34:54 AM
Cod 4>mw2>blops 2>blops>mw3
---
GT: DarknessSniperX
Youtube channel: aquaAffinity2
#6ReTouchablePosted 2/9/2013 7:53:29 AM(edited)
Just rent the game first, because our opinions won't help you.
#7ZuuFPosted 2/9/2013 10:27:35 AM
If this had the maps from 2 with DLC, 3, WaW with DLC, and Black Ops 1 with DLC (and Overgrown from 4: MW1)...then it would be a fairly good game with great balance. The only true, crippling factor is, without a doubt, the map size/map design.
If it had larger maps and the Target Finder increased recoil (along with guns having about 1.5x the recoil they have now), I'd say that this would be THE best CoD (even with lag).
---
I am a writer (mostly a poet). If you're interested in buying my work, let me know (message me).
#8Gunther482Posted 2/9/2013 10:56:49 AM
It plays more like MW3 than BO I. Weapons have less recoil, kill faster, more emphasis on scorestreaks, and hectic map design for the most part.

But even so, it's leagues better than MW3 but doesn't hold a candle to BO I in my opinion.
#9Kant_Remoob_EhtPosted 2/9/2013 11:03:36 AM
How does it compare? Lets see...

COD 1- Started the series.
COD 2- Pretty much the same aside from a few things added.
COD 3- Ditto to 2.
MW 1- Changed the game up with the perks and killstreaks.
WaW- Pretty much a ww2 cod game with everything from MW 1.
MW 2- Didn't change much.
BO 1- Still didn't change much aside from optional customization things.
MW 3- Stayed mainly the same aside from the KS system being changed slightly with a class like system.
BO 2- Changed around the KS system to be a score based one, Got rid of the fixed class system for a pick ten one, and made some of the perks weapon attachments.
---
GT: Boomer and Tank
Pretty darn confident..... I don't want to have to wait till the Microendony XBOXS 4ii comes out another 15 years later....
#10MG42_CHEFPosted 2/9/2013 11:09:53 AM
stixzilla posted...
everyone here will tell you it's still not as good as mw2

I think mw2 was trash and this is my favorite CoD since CoD4 so that's my 2 cents

While it is true that many of us still like MW2, there isn't much of a community playing it.

Blops 2 is somewhat a good choice, it is just that the lag can be pretty bad at times.
---
"I loved throwing cans of flatulance at people sitting in corners. Even the hitmarker noise sounded like a fart. I will also miss those days." -aj4x94