Cry about the Target Finder...but not the Dual Band?

#1KabtheMentatPosted 2/9/2013 6:29:44 AM
They do almost the same exact thing and have the same counter. The only difference is you can see the minimap while ADSing with a Target Finder.
---
Big Money. Big Women. Big Fun.
I don't have a cocaine habit, I just like the way it smells.
#2stixzillaPosted 2/9/2013 6:53:01 AM
no one uses dual band for us to complain aboot
---
Streaming live everyday for 1 year
www.twitch.tv/ke7chum
#3Telvanni_guardPosted 2/9/2013 6:55:40 AM
I'd say the Dual Band works a bit better but the lack of a minimap can really hurt people who stick to a single spot which seems to be a pretty fair drawback.
---
GamerTag: Te1vanni Guard
"Telvanni you would disprove everyone. :D"- Saint_of_Misery
#4VrrestoPosted 2/9/2013 7:20:26 AM
People only whine about things they die to. They need something to blame.
#5ImTooSkilleddPosted 2/9/2013 7:20:37 AM
Taken from a post I made in another topic regarding TF...

Here's my gripe with TF:

It's not that it's an "OP" attachment or anything. But the playstyle it encourages is flat-out annoying. It encourages people to just stare down their sights all game. Many of the killcams I see with TF show the person not moving at all, even after they get the kill. They just continue to look down their sights and wait for the next red diamond to pop up.

If someone is actually running around and moving with their TF, then I have no problem with it at all.

Dual Band makes it so that you can't play that way since you don't see your mini-map. Or at least, if you do, then you'll be dealing with a lot of deaths due to people coming from your sides or from behind.
---
XBL GT: PhysiKuL
"Please tell us again of the importance of being a pro Call of Duty player. I seemed to have missed that."
#6Freshmaker11Posted 2/9/2013 7:31:28 AM
dual band or thermal has been around COD for a while
---
www.facebook.com/Timesplitters4PLZ
#7KabtheMentat(Topic Creator)Posted 2/9/2013 7:31:38 AM
I'd say the Dual Band works a bit better but the lack of a minimap can really hurt people who stick to a single spot which seems to be a pretty fair drawback.

I agree. The Variable Zoom and Dual Band are banging on the MK48
---
Big Money. Big Women. Big Fun.
I don't have a cocaine habit, I just like the way it smells.
#8A_Soggy_RatPosted 2/9/2013 7:40:35 AM
Now, I don't consider either attachment OP, but here's the way I see it.

I think it comes down to the way Cold Blooded affects both attachments.
Target Finder - When an enemy has Cold Blooded, you don't get a red diamond around them, but if you hover the reticle over them, they'll still give off a red crosshair. So there's no solid hard counter to TF and in fact TF may actually be a counter to CB's "no red name or crosshair when targeted"
Dual Band - If the enemy you're looking at does have Cold Blooded, you're not going to see much, and they blend in with the background. It's not impossible or really even that difficult to see an enemy that has Cold Blooded on if you're using the DB, but it can be harder to identify them as an enemy than it would be if you had a Target Finder, for the reasons listed above.

So, a question to everyone that considers Target Finder overpowered: Would you still consider it overpowered if Cold Blooded was a hard counter to it (no red crosshair or sights when targeted)?
---
Proud to be a farm animal until someone tells me otherwise.
#9curtlandPosted 2/9/2013 7:51:19 AM
The dual what?

Don't make things up!
---
Only idoits can't spell.
#10Gray_wolf1119Posted 2/9/2013 11:09:02 AM
Dual Band makes certain enemies harder to see and others easier, it has a hard counter. Target finder really doesnt. Plus, if someone is using dual bands theyre probably running smoke, in that case its a playstyle that requires some set up, not exactly the quickest or easiest to do.

I feel the same way about the MMS, i once got called a noob for using the MMS while taking B in Grind under my smoke grenade. My thought process was "really? You are to stupid to see what I'm doing?"
---
GT: Fang1192
www.Tvtropes.org