Is a 2 WL ratio respectable for solo play?

• Topic Archived

You have been randomly selected to participate in the Beta Test of our new message list page. We've rolled out this test in order to get additional feedback and error reports from a wider subset of users. We'll only display this notice once, but permanent links to disable the Beta, provide feedback, and get more information will be located at the bottom of each message list.

To disable this test for now, click here. For more information, please read our announcement about this redesign.

1. Boards
  2. Call of Duty: Black Ops II
  3. Is a 2 WL ratio respectable for solo play?
2 years ago#11
KabtheMentat posted...
If you play solo I wouldn't even worry about W/L.

---
EMS
2 years ago#12
I have a 1.98 win loss ratio playing by myself in all my games and yes most of the time I do have to carry my team. I almost always only use the support killstreaks to help them and they still die to enemies even when a vsat is up (I almost exclusively play TDM).
---
"When you do things right, people wont be sure youve done anything at all."
2 years ago#13
I have a 2 and i play solo 80% of the time.
---
Official Chaos Uchigatana of the Dark Souls Board.
2 years ago#14
If you're legit by not dashing too often, a 2 W/L is very respectable lucky. If it's bad it means next to nothing unless you play SnD and/or ffa reguarly.
2 years ago#15
OrlandoMagician posted...
If you're legit by not dashing too often, a 2 W/L is very respectable lucky. If it's bad it means next to nothing unless you play SnD and/or ffa reguarly.

You do realize you get a loss for dashboarding, right? That's the #1 way to spot a dashboarder...very high K/D, but a ****ty W/L. You can argue that they might play solo a lot, but I'm talking about W/L being below 1. They either a) dashboard, b)cherry-pick lobbies and leave whenever they go up against someone good, or c)don't play the objective at all. In any of those cases, their K/D becomes illlegitimate.
---
XBL GT: PhysiKuL
"Please tell us again of the importance of being a pro Call of Duty player. I seemed to have missed that."
2 years ago#16
I've got a 2.60+ W/L Ratio from playing FFA, i've been told its good so i guess yeah it is respectable.
---
Commanding Officer of Phantom Operations (HoG)
Wont change sig till BigReed gets 1600MSP for Helping out
2 years ago#17
Hitman_67 posted...
I've got a 2.60+ W/L Ratio from playing FFA, i've been told its good so i guess yeah it is respectable.

No offense but that doesn't really count, lol. You only have to come in the top 3 to get a win in FFA. It's harder to carry a team of randoms in Domination/Hardpoint/etc than it is to just place in the top 3 of an FFA match.
---
XBL GT: PhysiKuL
"Please tell us again of the importance of being a pro Call of Duty player. I seemed to have missed that."
2 years ago#18
ImTooSkilledd posted...
Hitman_67 posted...

No offense but that doesn't really count, lol. You only have to come in the top 3 to get a win in FFA. It's harder to carry a team of randoms in Domination/Hardpoint/etc than it is to just place in the top 3 of an FFA match.

I only come in first sorry to burst your bubble. So it means more than when you come in 3rd.
Plus since when did they count coming in 2nd/3rd place a win? Haha. I never heard of that till now.

I mean you got a point, playing with a group of randoms like yourself is indeed annoying. But even then i don't have to much of an issue. I get pissed when i have triple score/kills than anyone on my team where the other team has people that are decent. But the win or near win is rewarding enough.

I can still play decent and never play in a party.
I don't have a mic so i can't talk which only backs my reason why i play solo. I just hate playing with randoms and prefer everyone to be my enemy. Lord Takahashi has enough wins in 1st place to not worry about W/L Ratio anyways.

Hell, i've even done 1v6 matches in Ops/MW2 just to prove a point. Teams imo, just slow you down.
---
Commanding Officer of Phantom Operations (HoG)
Wont change sig till BigReed gets 1600MSP for Helping out
  1. Boards
  2. Call of Duty: Black Ops II
  3. Is a 2 WL ratio respectable for solo play?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Message List Beta Test is now on. To disable the Beta, just click here, or you can read more about it, report an error, or provide general feedback.
  • Topic Archived