Target Finder Glitchiness

#1Kant_Remoob_EhtPosted 2/9/2013 11:10:23 AM
Anyone else notice that when you aim in with the Target Finder it will sometimes for quick second (a fraction of a second) it will target enemies that may be behind walls/obstacles or the like that you can't actually see?
---
GT: Boomer and Tank
Pretty darn confident..... I don't want to have to wait till the Microendony XBOXS 4ii comes out another 15 years later....
#2__redxiii__Posted 2/9/2013 11:13:07 AM
Yea I said this earlier then they almost turned, "through walls!" into a meme lol.
#3iBlackice25Posted 2/9/2013 11:15:21 AM
I noticed this today using target finder on the mk48. It isnt bad though, at least you can see where the enemies are without MMS.
---
GT: DarknessSniperX
Youtube channel: aquaAffinity2
#4KabtheMentatPosted 2/9/2013 11:15:56 AM
I think those are people spawning in. Kinda lame you can see that, but ultimately it doesn't matter much.
---
Big Money. Big Women. Big Fun.
I don't have a cocaine habit, I just like the way it smells.
#5Kant_Remoob_Eht(Topic Creator)Posted 2/9/2013 11:16:37 AM
iBlackice25 posted...
I noticed this today using target finder on the mk48. It isnt bad though, at least you can see where the enemies are without MMS.

Indeed. It helps when you see the little diamond popup for a split second and pretty much someone will be charging/rushing in from that path.
---
Pretty darn confident..... I don't want to have to wait till the Microendony XBOXS 4ii comes out another 15 years later....
#6__redxiii__Posted 2/9/2013 11:17:11 AM
Even though it's only a split second it's still bad. That split second of knowing where you spawn is enough for any good player to pretty much have you killed. Especially with an objective and if you have good map awareness it's not hard to predict where they'll come from if you know their spawn.
#7Kant_Remoob_Eht(Topic Creator)Posted 2/9/2013 11:19:07 AM
__redxiii__ posted...
Even though it's only a split second it's still bad. That split second of knowing where you spawn is enough for any good player to pretty much have you killed. Especially with an objective and if you have good map awareness it's not hard to predict where they'll come from if you know their spawn.

I imagine a whole team using it could just lock the map down by being able to tell where you spawn in at (if it is actually picking up people spawning in).
---
#8__redxiii__Posted 2/9/2013 11:19:12 AM
KabtheMentat posted...
I think those are people spawning in. Kinda lame you can see that, but ultimately it doesn't matter much.

Na read my other post about objective + spawns. And they aren't people joining the game, they are people you kill that this glitch happens to.
#9__redxiii__Posted 2/9/2013 11:21:42 AM
Kant_Remoob_Eht posted...
__redxiii__ posted...

I imagine a whole team using it could just lock the map down by being able to tell where you spawn in at (if it is actually picking up people spawning in).

I know for a fact that it shows people who just died spawning, I think the glitch only happens if you actually kill the person. For example in multi team hardpoint on the second hardpoint on slums if no one goes into that parking lot in the back of the map the game will spawn one of the other teams in there. I killed someone 3+ times in a row and each time I'd see his diamond for a split second in that parking lot. I had an MK48 with target finder and killed the poor guy over and over. Kept seeing his diamond pop up for a split second. But anyone my teammates killed wouldn;t show as a diamond until they came out the parking lot.