Advice for Less Skilled Players and newcomers

#21darren19822000Posted 2/11/2013 1:16:22 PM
you must be an attention getter to have to quote my post twice before anyone else posts anything.

your tips are nice but i think your just mad that you get stuck with new players.
---
gt darren reefnugs
#22Lord_TenseEyePosted 2/11/2013 1:40:24 PM
fatclemenza posted...
camp with smgs

That and run n'gun with sniper rifles. lol
#23Redskins4Life21(Topic Creator)Posted 2/11/2013 6:51:54 PM
darren19822000 posted...
you must be an attention getter to have to quote my post twice before anyone else posts anything.

your tips are nice but i think your just mad that you get stuck with new players.

At any given time hundreds of thousands of people are playing over xbox alone. How would anything I say here actually impact my ingame experience? Id have to publish a full page ad in Usa today and I doubt even that would make a difference that is observable and or quantifiable to the individual gamer. Just trying to help those who want help. Sorry that I don't know of a better forum to do so.
---
Now Playing: Black Ops II
Playing Soon: Dishonored, Halo 4, Walking Dead, Hitman, Rage, Need for Speed
#24MikeRoxTheBoatPosted 2/11/2013 9:02:53 PM
darren19822000 posted...
don't ruin your stats and the win loss percentage of your team mates

stopped reading right there. as a new player, just got it today actually, tips are always a welcome thing. i suck at this franchise. you are basically telling me to not play a game i payed for because it might hurt YOUR stats. they are just numbers. your not getting a date by your amazing k/d. no job cares that your cod win% is high. this is just a secret hate on newbs topic

I actually agree with the premise of your statement. The only way to prepare yourself to do well in multiplayer is to just play multiplayer. We've all been at the point where we were absolutely terrible, so it's really only elitists (the kind that'll dashboard quit to preserve their k/d win ratio) that even worry about that kind of stuff. Most other people just play to play, since the k/d ratio isn't really even a good indicator of skill except for a couple of game types.

The only person you should be playing a game for is yourself.

You don't have to bash the guy for giving out advice, though. This isn't a list of absolutely mandatory things you need to do. Take what you need from it and just ignore the things that don't sit well from you.

Calling it a 'hate on newbs' topic is just flagrant ignorance, since there is quite literally none of that here.
#25darren19822000Posted 2/12/2013 1:26:54 PM
some of his tips were good. i actually prefer to play bots so i can actually have fun. i just didnt like the way he wrote it up. made it sound like he was telling new players to avoid MP because they might get on his team and sandbag the team for the whole game
---
gt darren reefnugs