So i just started using LMGS (For diamond)

#11Captain_BluntsPosted 2/9/2013 8:56:00 PM(edited)
Any time you have more rounds, more range and as a result: more killing power it should feel powerful. Just ask any soldier how much they love their gunner; from the BAR to the M60 or the SAW time has shown LMG's rule gun fights.

However you have to play your role. Dont shy from a fight in an attempt to flank as you might with an SMG. We all know the average player will spend a good ammount of time staring at the last spot they saw the enemy. As a LMG user make sure you are near friendlies who will quickly hit the flanks. Then you just watch the sightline of where the enemy is approaching and count to five. Move around the corner while ADS (stock is almost mandatory for me) and gavebthw quickest trigger fingernof your life; if you even think that corner is oddly shapped then blast it.

Long story short the LMG is pretty accurately represented in this game and I sincerely wish shotguns were represented as accurately.

FMJs are a highly recommended which I find hilarious considering they are the only legal roundsnper the Geneva convention.

Tl;Dr: LMGs rule direct engagements in a team oriented atmosphere.
#12Faust_8Posted 2/9/2013 8:51:47 PM
A lot of the reason LMGs seem to work is people tend to just walk into your fire because they aren't used to people being able to lay on the trigger or be at the ready for so long without reloading first.

They see three guys die in a hail of gunfire and think "he's reloading now" so they walk right into the same spot only to get gunned down because you were still aiming at that spot.

I think that's the primary reason for some of my "Rambo moments" where I just lay on the trigger and get 4-6 kills all in the same area. Nobody expects the constant aggression that a LMG can put out, after a good number of shots they just assume you're either reloading or running away.
---
You are the universe
Expressing itself as a human, for a little while
#13ThugLife247Posted 2/9/2013 8:58:09 PM(edited)
LMG with a target finder on Grind demolition is not even tutorial mode, it's the f***ing manual.

Faust_8 posted...

I think that's the primary reason for some of my "Rambo moments" where I just lay on the trigger and get 4-6 kills all in the same area. Nobody expects the constant aggression that a LMG can put out, after a good number of shots they just assume you're either reloading or running away.

well said

i especially love it when i stop mid-fire, making them think i'm reloading. they almost always run out to a trail of bullets
---
i won't deny it, i'm a straight ridah
you don't wanna f*** with me
#14L4DMalusPosted 2/9/2013 9:48:33 PM
LSAT + Primary Gun Fighter
Stock
Dual Band Scope
FMJ

Flak Jacket
Toughness
Tactical Mask

EMP Grenade x2