Will Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 4 hold the throne as best FPS next gen?

#11arena11Posted 2/9/2013 10:14:38 PM
BS_Infinite posted...
I REALLY hope it's Destiny. I really want a new series to take off. I don't think Homefront 2 will be a major success since the first lost popularity so fast.(I've never played it though)

People never gave Homefront a chance, it's quite fun as a mix of Battlefield and COD. People have this misnomer about Battlefield being slow, IDK what they are talking about. Taking out any vehicles requires teamwork, something practically all COD players need to learn tbh. Homefront doesn't have the vehicles of BF, but the game feels as smooth COD does in terms of gunplay. The tanks have to earned.
---
Now playing: MW2 and BF3 Premium.
#12moridin7632Posted 2/9/2013 11:03:01 PM
I would be willing to bet that the first CoD game we see next gen will be treyarchs newest in 2014.

Modern Warfare 4 will most likely still be on 360 and ps3 especially if Ps4 doesn't make it out until after christmas, which is one of the rumors right now.
---
To understand the future, we must go back in time
#13Gray_wolf1119Posted 2/10/2013 12:05:21 AM
I loved the drones in homefront. So much fun, especially the C4 Parrot, or leaving a drone behind at a base while you capture another one. When they try to take it over you swap back and ambush them.
---
GT: Fang1192
www.Tvtropes.org
#14Foxx3kPosted 2/10/2013 12:11:06 AM
slaveanselmo posted...
Hmm, Homefront is EA, right?

You know what they say about a fool and his money...

No. Homefront was THQ, but Crytek bought the rights to Homefront 2 (which they were developing).

So if Crysis 2 and Crysis 3 are any indication, it's going to be a borderline unplayable mess.

Respawn Studios is the only one that has a chance of taking the best FPS of the next gen. Otherwise it'll be an up and comer. I highly doubt COD, which has been plummeting in quality, has a chance to take the throne.
---
[LanParty nF4 Ultra-D] [AMD64 3700+ San Diego] [2x 1gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8] [2x 250gb Barracuda] [Soundblaster Audigy 2 ZS] [X850XTPE]
#15metalclashPosted 2/10/2013 12:34:35 AM
think it's funny how there was call of duty 4: modern warfare and now there's a call of duty: modern warfare 4. (if it's called that)
---
people who snapchat are just flat out stupid.
#16KabtheMentatPosted 2/10/2013 1:30:33 AM
slaveanselmo posted...

No. Homefront was THQ, but Crytek bought the rights to Homefront 2 (which they were developing).

So if Crysis 2 and Crysis 3 are any indication, it's going to be a borderline unplayable mess.

Respawn Studios is the only one that has a chance of taking the best FPS of the next gen. Otherwise it'll be an up and comer. I highly doubt COD, which has been plummeting in quality, has a chance to take the throne.

Pretty much this. Crytek makes great engines, but suck when it comes to actually making a game.
---
Big Money. Big Women. Big Fun.
I don't have a cocaine habit, I just like the way it smells.
#17RoketomanPosted 2/10/2013 8:24:14 AM
Wishful thinking makes me vote for Homefront 2. The first game was so close to getting it all right. A longer campaign that doesn't end right when it gets good would also be great.

Call of Duty is going to have a hard time competing on next gen consoles. When more games start running in 60fps then the only edge that CoD had is gone. They will need something just as revolutionary as CoD4 was to keep their audience.
---
Christ is Lord
#18BS_InfinitePosted 2/10/2013 10:47:36 AM
Foxx3k posted...
slaveanselmo posted...

It's not even out yet. I have more faith in Destiny than the Respawn Studios game.
---
Sabias que solo vive una vez?
YOLOconozco
#19LEGEND_725Posted 2/10/2013 10:51:46 AM
Roketoman posted...
Wishful thinking makes me vote for Homefront 2. The first game was so close to getting it all right. A longer campaign that doesn't end right when it gets good would also be great.

Call of Duty is going to have a hard time competing on next gen consoles. When more games start running in 60fps then the only edge that CoD had is gone. They will need something just as revolutionary as CoD4 was to keep their audience.

I like that CoD runs at 60fps but that is not a major selling point. You could probably ask around 90% of people who buy CoD and they wouldn't say anything about the Frame Rate. Many people still say it's "the most realistic" (lol.) I think CoD will continue selling just off of name, Halo will still be strong, and then random FPS games will have brief popularity. I just have a hard time seeing anything dethroning CoD.
---
RIP Gamespot 5/21/09 - 5/8/12. . .
#20xMr_PolyxPosted 2/10/2013 10:57:01 AM
Too many military shooters :( I want something different for once.
---
PSN: xMrPolyx, XBL: Mister Poly
League of Legends: MrPoly