Will Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 4 hold the throne as best FPS next gen?

#31Freshmaker11Posted 2/10/2013 12:34:42 PM
Freshmaker11 posted...
HomeFront was a good game think they are gonna kill it with the next one

never mind I just read Crytech bought the rights to homefront ,( Crytech made Crysis) CRYSIS SUCKS
---
www.facebook.com/Timesplitters4PLZ
#32RoketomanPosted 2/10/2013 12:37:44 PM
Freshmaker11 posted...
Freshmaker11 posted...

never mind I just read Crytech bought the rights to homefront ,( Crytech made Crysis) CRYSIS SUCKS

The Campaigns are good, the multi's netcode sucks.
---
Christ is Lord
#33mfv12979Posted 2/10/2013 1:39:59 PM
Roketoman posted...
mfv12979 posted...
there is nothing to change in cod really. It's going to be the same as the last. Only thing you can hope for is better graphics ,better spawn point, less to no head glitching, and hopefully a lot less lag lol.

note on Homefront. i didn't like playing it. I was playing sniper and guess what?. The hit wouldn't register. I saw a guy popping his head out in the window. (i was on the silo. forgot what map it was). after i shot him in the head he didn't die nor did it say he got hit. i shot his head so many times that it says i keep misisng. I quit after that. hit marker was way off for me. (this was prepatch)

Similar to Battlefield you actually had to lead your target when sniping in homefront. Add to that that most snipers took 2 hits to kill and I can see why you didn't like it. Did you try putting on a AR/SMG and getting in close at all?

Also, Homefront had a system similar to pick 10. Only some things cost more than one point.

i ended up using ar most of the time rather than sniping. even in a map where theres like 4 snipers i use AR more. but i do like the killstreak. i like the way they did it there. it was good for me. If i had to choose between the killstreak of cod to homefront. I would go for homefront.
---
copy ninja Kakashi has copied a thousand jutsu and i'm going to use them to their fullest Extent! - Kakashi Sensei Ep 266
#34Gray_wolf1119Posted 2/10/2013 5:38:02 PM(edited)
Foxx3k posted...
Freshmaker11 posted...

Homefront was surprisingly great. Lots of great ideas. More or less solid execution. I don't fully understand why it's hated with as much disdain as it is. Poor KAOS Studios... their games were usually more or less playable.

I never played SP, but I hear SP was super awful.

The campaign was pretty bad, it was a gritty story, but they cut it off when it was really getting good. The campaign being bad though was mostly do to its pacing IMO, you actually couldnt advance to the next area until your AI teammates felt like opening it up. Plus, it was pretty short. Infinitely respawning enemies didnt help either.
---
GT: Fang1192
www.Tvtropes.org
#35THMBZDownGNZUp(Topic Creator)Posted 2/11/2013 3:46:16 PM
Many loyalties lie with former Infinity Ward devs, the true IW, for Respawn's FPS, though falling just short of Infinity Sledgehammer's MW4, which has taken the close lead to hold its throne as best FPS next gen.

Next up are BF4 and R6:Pats, which are also in a tight race, show promise. Crytek's Homefront is leading from behind. Lastly comes Bungie's Destiny in this intense competition to claim the throne for best FPS next gen.
#36ffalcons7Posted 2/12/2013 2:25:15 PM
There's a difference between best and funnest.
Best-battlefield
Funnest-cod
#37SparkItUpPosted 2/12/2013 2:27:43 PM
I selected BF4, simply on the rumors of the improvements it will be had...but to be honest, we are going to have to wait & see who improves, who doesn't...what the improvements are and what they aren't.
---
http://youtu.be/_JyETEkNXSY
Not only the best football player alive...the absolute sexiest.
#38VirtrudianPosted 2/12/2013 2:46:22 PM
The best FPS? Heck no. The best selling FPS? I don't see why not.
---
"Open the door, lead me into everlasting darkness!"
"I don't even anything."