Who's genius idea was it to make a pistol 2 shot kill?

#21NidtendofreakPosted 2/9/2013 11:06:14 PM
Go to your Xbox

Put in MW2

Download the updates if needed

Put the Raffica on a class with Stopping Power. Even better is two Raffica classes, one with Akimbo one with some other attachment.

Come back and realize these pistols are nowhere near as powerful. The Raffica was an actual pocket M16/FAMAS. The burst pistol in this game has nowhere near the same amount of range as the Raffica for 1BKs, holds less ammo, and I believe fires a tad slower. In exchange, the Raffica had the horrific weakness of....slightly off center irons that might have extended to the RDS as well I can't quite remember.
---
And so begins a tale of vengeance and betrayal. Destiny by sinner sought. Tragedy by power wrought. Valkyrie Profile: Covenant of the Plume.
#22Faust_8Posted 2/9/2013 11:16:20 PM
While I agree that Akimbo Rafficas with Stopping Power and Steady Aim were pocket shotguns...I fail to see how a single B23R is weak compared to a single Raffica.

They both kill in one quick, accurate burst. And the B23R has a lot more aim assist I do believe, because the Raffica had nearly none or none at all.

The handguns in this game are very good but that doesn't make them overpowered or anything, and yes, some of the handguns from past games were similar. I remember the USP in CoD4--if you had Stopping Power it was basically a Tac .45 with 12 shots.
---
You are the universe
Expressing itself as a human, for a little while
#23Soul_On_DisplayPosted 2/9/2013 11:27:34 PM
You guys are going about this all wrong. It isn't about comparisons. It's about how strong pistols are, and they've certainly got their strength, but they're not extreme. Primaries still are easily the strongest and most consistent choice of weaponry. Handguns are, for the first time in a long time, a viable secondary role. They can pull weight if you run out of ammo, or even if you have a whole unique tactic in mind, all while not making them too powerful.

Like someone said above, if you nerf them any more, then it will be just wasted programming. Make them any worse, and basically we won't have a reason to use them. I don't agree with many things in BO2, but the devs definitely scored with handgun balance. (maybe, minus the useless executioner)
---
Xbox Live: Eighth Element || PSN: Echo_Resonance || 3DS FC: 4012-3485-5071
~TL;DR? Don't care.~ || ~ World's #1 Camper Hater ~
#24tca19Posted 2/10/2013 2:01:26 AM
Velociswagger posted...
WestSdeNleVrus posted...
There's this game I grew up with as a kid called Rock, Paper, Scissors. Feel free to wiki that if you want your answer....

Mr. WestSdeNleVrus, what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

stop looking at me SWAN!
---
PSN: tca19
XBL: tca19
#25metalclashPosted 2/10/2013 2:16:42 AM
pistols combined with lag infuriate me. I'll get 3 rounds from my silenced vector in (the range drop off is ridiculous, past about 30 feet requires all 6 shots), only for a pistol user to kill me in less shots and instantly (due to lag). every gun basically has stopping power built into it now, and i've noticed akimbo b23r's to act just like the m93
---
people who snapchat are just flat out stupid.
#26ihaveyahooraresPosted 2/10/2013 2:18:34 AM
I've said this from the beginning. On certain maps, there's almost no reason NOT to use a Pistol are your primary. With the horrible design and almost all CQC combat. If you're got decent aim they're the best option.

I also hate how A B and C flags in Domination are linear, as are most of the maps.

In MW3, the A B and C flags in Domination were more triangular and made for a much better game of Domination. Not spawn trap or be spawntrapped. That's what this game is. 3 doorways to walk out of towards the B flag. GREAT!!!!

In MW3, if you were playing on any map other than Interchange (and sometimes Mission). You could take any flag at any time... Oh, enemies are camping B too hard on Lockdown, Hardhat, Bootleg, Seatown, WHATEVER, you can flank and take their flag. Not here.... Oh sure, remove the ability for Ghost to not show you on the radar if you weren't moving. Yet make the rest of the game more camper friendly (with all the equipment and the TF) and spawn trap friendly (horrible maps) than any other COD.
#27donkeys_altPosted 2/10/2013 2:38:40 AM
I guess people got tired of complaining about smgs and decided to give pistols a topic for a change?
#28ingo4Posted 2/10/2013 2:45:47 AM
Haha I'm that guy running around with the Tac popping you. Pistols are a blast to use and honestly I think I have the most fun when I'm doing good with a pistol. That or a sniper, but that's neither here nor there. Depending on how good a shot you are you can get someone from a long ways away. I get longshot bonuses all the time. For me it's more like my Tac is my primary and I got a PDW for backup. lol
---
These pretzels are making me thirsty!
#29ihaveyahooraresPosted 2/10/2013 2:46:24 AM
donkeys_alt posted...
I guess people got tired of complaining about smgs and decided to give pistols a topic for a change?

Pistols have the fastest TTK in CQC, barring the shotguns (Executioner included in there), and snipers.

This is the table I'm basing if off of. I believe the M8 was nerfed a bit in damage. I may be wrong though.

Pistols should be more of a last resort/had to reload thing than a weapon that can dominate in CQC.
#30dario1101Posted 2/10/2013 4:25:35 AM
ingo4 posted...
Haha I'm that guy running around with the Tac popping you. Pistols are a blast to use and honestly I think I have the most fun when I'm doing good with a pistol. That or a sniper, but that's neither here nor there. Depending on how good a shot you are you can get someone from a long ways away. I get longshot bonuses all the time. For me it's more like my Tac is my primary and I got a PDW for backup. lol

Mind Reader, What are you doing?
Mind Reader, Stahp.

Seriously, I came in here to post this. So umm... I got pistols Diamond. o-o

I Hope they never nerf the Tac-45.
---
Rainbow Dash is best pony.
brohoof anyone? ^-^ /) ? # of Brohooves gotten-171! :D Started Feb. 2012 (Tac-45 <3)