Who's genius idea was it to make a pistol 2 shot kill?

#41dario1101Posted 2/10/2013 8:30:01 AM
Shura_Surplice posted...
Killing in 2 shots is stupid. Pistols in CoD4 were perfect.

Cry harder SMG scrub! >:)

Just joking! Although yes the 2-hit kill is pretty strong, I don't think it really needs a nerf. No one (Except me) runs pistols anyway.
Everyone runs SMGs. So it's good to compete with SMGs using little pistol.
---
Rainbow Dash is best pony.
brohoof anyone? ^-^ /) ? # of Brohooves gotten-171! :D Started Feb. 2012 (Tac-45 <3)
#42slaveanselmoPosted 2/10/2013 8:42:52 AM
chessmyantidrug posted...
SullyTheStrange posted...
With the Pick 10 system, if pistols aren't useful then no one will use them. They've gotta hold their own.

Oh yeah? Explain the grip attachment.

It makes the gun look 10x cooler.
---
I'm not changjng this signature until I feel like it.
#43slaveanselmoPosted 2/10/2013 8:44:06 AM
I run pistols in my Tac Mask loadouts for the CC.
---
#44Velociswagger(Topic Creator)Posted 2/10/2013 8:44:35 AM
Blitzkrieg182 posted...
Velociswagger posted...
WestSdeNleVrus posted...
There's this game I grew up with as a kid called Rock, Paper, Scissors. Feel free to wiki that if you want your answer....

Mr. WestSdeNleVrus, what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

Lol poor TC wasn't able to decipher what that meant...rock beats scissor, scissor beats paper, paper beats rock...everything has a weakness..if your getting killed by 2 bursts stay out of burst range...I think the guys a genius.

Such an idiotic comment like "stay out of burst range" just proves how dumb you really are. Pistols are a secondary, there's no reason they should be stronger than a primary.
---
Operator rH
SWAT-556 Pre-patch master race
#45slaveanselmoPosted 2/10/2013 8:48:48 AM
Velociswagger posted...
Blitzkrieg182 posted...
Velociswagger posted...
WestSdeNleVrus posted...
There's this game I grew up with as a kid called Rock, Paper, Scissors. Feel free to wiki that if you want your answer....

Mr. WestSdeNleVrus, what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

Lol poor TC wasn't able to decipher what that meant...rock beats scissor, scissor beats paper, paper beats rock...everything has a weakness..if your getting killed by 2 bursts stay out of burst range...I think the guys a genius.

Such an idiotic comment like "stay out of burst range" just proves how dumb you really are. Pistols are a secondary, there's no reason they should be stronger than a primary.

Not realistic enough?
---
#46nissan skylinePosted 2/10/2013 8:49:08 AM
Blitzkrieg182 posted...
Velociswagger posted...
WestSdeNleVrus posted...

BO1 pistols sucked. Even Akimbo all but the Python were piss weak.
---
cogito ergo zoom
#47KILLSTREAKPosted 2/10/2013 8:49:46 AM
Velociswagger posted...
WestSdeNleVrus posted...

What he means is that everything in COD has a counter, most modern games can be simplified to rock paper scissors. Enemy has target finder? Cold blooded beats target finder. Enemy close range? Shotgun beats whatever they are using. Enemy long range? Sniper rifle beats whatever they are using..etc.

I am not sure how this has any bearing on a two shot kill pistol, but I believe he is implying that there is a simple counter to it. IMO, the pistol is not a problem - you cannot spray like an SMG, and the iron sights are much harder to use at range than an AR - there are two AR that are a two shot kill, shotguns that kill in one, and a pistol-shotgun that takes one shot too. Its a good gun, but its not the best nor the only one.
#48GOBBluth1Posted 2/10/2013 8:51:06 AM
Blitzkrieg182 posted...
Velociswagger posted...
WestSdeNleVrus posted...

Rock, Paper, Scissor doesn't apply to this game, since in the right hands any of the weapons, outside of the shotgun can beat any other weapon at any other range.
---
I smoke on the mic like smokin' Joe Frazier
GT: WuTang For Kids
#49Velociswagger(Topic Creator)Posted 2/10/2013 8:53:50 AM
slaveanselmo posted...
Velociswagger posted...
Blitzkrieg182 posted...
Velociswagger posted...
WestSdeNleVrus posted...

Not realistic enough?

At what point does lack of logic stop being an excuse for video game developers?
I shoot you with a 5.56 round twice in the chest 2 feet away, you live.
I shoot you in the chest with a 9mm or 45 ACP in the chest twice, you die. Makes sense.
---
Operator rH
SWAT-556 Pre-patch master race
#50slaveanselmoPosted 2/10/2013 8:58:39 AM
@Velociswagger

I believe they refer to this kind of logic as "cod logic". Which is quite the oxymoron.
---