How the hell do you use the KSG-12?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Call of Duty: Black Ops II
  3. How the hell do you use the KSG-12?

User Info: mexicannon

mexicannon
4 years ago#1
It seems like everytime I shoot somebody, the shot doesn't register. Is this just bad hit detection or am I using it wrong?

User Info: L4DMalus

L4DMalus
4 years ago#2
KSG-12
Reflex Sight
Long Barrel

Lightweight + Ghost
Cold Blooded
Extreme Conditioning + Dexterity

Perk 1 Greed
Perk 3 Greed
"You must be the change you wish to see in the world" - Gandhi

User Info: dario1101

dario1101
4 years ago#3
Aim down sight.
It shoots slugs, which are like sniper rifle bullets, so you need to ADS to get a good shot.
Think of it as a marksman weapon.
Rainbow Dash is best pony.
brohoof anyone? ^-^ /) ? # of Brohooves gotten-171! :D Started Feb. 2012 (Tac-45 <3)

User Info: ThisIsMithos

ThisIsMithos
4 years ago#4
IDK. You have to literally line it up PERFECTLY on them or it doesn't register. The thing has crazy good range, but feels ridiculously inconsistent, which is why I don't use it very often. Some say it's because it doesn't "spray" and it's only a single slug, so you really don't have room for error for splash damage.
GT: Aero SSX

User Info: KabtheMentat

KabtheMentat
4 years ago#5
You need a good connection for it to be effective. But it depends on the class you're making.

I like a set up with laser sight, suppressor, and red dot. I don't really like the irons for it, but if I manage to get used to them I'd switch out the red dot for a stock. Suppressor on a KSG makes it a pretty good flanking gun. Allows for slightly crappy aiming because you don't have to basically quickscope people in front of you...and you can do a little more aiming.
Big Money. Big Women. Big Fun.
I don't have a cocaine habit, I just like the way it smells.

User Info: mexicannon

mexicannon
4 years ago#6
I know that you have to aim down the site but even when i line my sight up perfectly, the shot still doesnt register

User Info: Soviet_Poland

Soviet_Poland
4 years ago#7
KSG + MMS + Long Barrel + Smoke Grenade + Scavenger

User Info: Soviet_Poland

Soviet_Poland
4 years ago#8
mexicannon posted...
I know that you have to aim down the site but even when i line my sight up perfectly, the shot still doesnt register

Lead your shots. Even with a good connection.

User Info: GundamBansheeFA

GundamBansheeFA
4 years ago#9
mexicannon posted...
It seems like everytime I shoot somebody, the shot doesn't register. Is this just bad hit detection or am I using it wrong?

Basically it relies on your lag connection. If you get lag comped a lot don't use it.
Anyways it got lots of range but up close its horrible. Try to use it like a sniper and always ads

User Info: igashijin

igashijin
4 years ago#10
GundamBansheeFA posted...
mexicannon posted...

Basically it relies on your lag connection. If you get lag comped a lot don't use it.
Anyways it got lots of range but up close its horrible. Try to use it like a sniper and always ads

lol.

The KSG works fine; I've never had a problem with it, even on terrible connections.
It's also just as deadly as the Remington up close. I tend to run the KSG with a laser sight and a long barrel to cover all my bases, but I can't even begin to tell you how many kills running up on a fool and hip firing a slug into their neck has gotten me.

The KSG was the easiest weapon to gold, in my opinion. Bear in mind, I'm primarily an AR guy.
To dis examartein ouk andros sopho.
  1. Boards
  2. Call of Duty: Black Ops II
  3. How the hell do you use the KSG-12?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived
More topics from this board...
I hate you allDoggbreath29/24 12:14AM