How the hell do you use the KSG-12?

#1mexicannonPosted 2/10/2013 8:58:19 AM
It seems like everytime I shoot somebody, the shot doesn't register. Is this just bad hit detection or am I using it wrong?
#2L4DMalusPosted 2/10/2013 8:59:43 AM
KSG-12
Reflex Sight
Long Barrel

Lightweight + Ghost
Cold Blooded
Extreme Conditioning + Dexterity

Perk 1 Greed
Perk 3 Greed
---
"You must be the change you wish to see in the world" - Gandhi
#3dario1101Posted 2/10/2013 8:59:54 AM
Aim down sight.
It shoots slugs, which are like sniper rifle bullets, so you need to ADS to get a good shot.
Think of it as a marksman weapon.
---
Rainbow Dash is best pony.
brohoof anyone? ^-^ /) ? # of Brohooves gotten-171! :D Started Feb. 2012 (Tac-45 <3)
#4ThisIsMithosPosted 2/10/2013 9:00:33 AM
IDK. You have to literally line it up PERFECTLY on them or it doesn't register. The thing has crazy good range, but feels ridiculously inconsistent, which is why I don't use it very often. Some say it's because it doesn't "spray" and it's only a single slug, so you really don't have room for error for splash damage.
---
GT: Aero SSX
#5KabtheMentatPosted 2/10/2013 9:01:59 AM
You need a good connection for it to be effective. But it depends on the class you're making.

I like a set up with laser sight, suppressor, and red dot. I don't really like the irons for it, but if I manage to get used to them I'd switch out the red dot for a stock. Suppressor on a KSG makes it a pretty good flanking gun. Allows for slightly crappy aiming because you don't have to basically quickscope people in front of you...and you can do a little more aiming.
---
Big Money. Big Women. Big Fun.
I don't have a cocaine habit, I just like the way it smells.
#6mexicannon(Topic Creator)Posted 2/10/2013 9:03:06 AM
I know that you have to aim down the site but even when i line my sight up perfectly, the shot still doesnt register
#7Soviet_PolandPosted 2/10/2013 9:17:48 AM(edited)
KSG + MMS + Long Barrel + Smoke Grenade + Scavenger
#8Soviet_PolandPosted 2/10/2013 9:23:55 AM
mexicannon posted...
I know that you have to aim down the site but even when i line my sight up perfectly, the shot still doesnt register

Lead your shots. Even with a good connection.
#9GundamBansheeFAPosted 2/10/2013 9:30:22 AM
mexicannon posted...
It seems like everytime I shoot somebody, the shot doesn't register. Is this just bad hit detection or am I using it wrong?

Basically it relies on your lag connection. If you get lag comped a lot don't use it.
Anyways it got lots of range but up close its horrible. Try to use it like a sniper and always ads
#10igashijinPosted 2/10/2013 12:37:52 PM
GundamBansheeFA posted...
mexicannon posted...

Basically it relies on your lag connection. If you get lag comped a lot don't use it.
Anyways it got lots of range but up close its horrible. Try to use it like a sniper and always ads

lol.

The KSG works fine; I've never had a problem with it, even on terrible connections.
It's also just as deadly as the Remington up close. I tend to run the KSG with a laser sight and a long barrel to cover all my bases, but I can't even begin to tell you how many kills running up on a fool and hip firing a slug into their neck has gotten me.

The KSG was the easiest weapon to gold, in my opinion. Bear in mind, I'm primarily an AR guy.
---
To dis examartein ouk andros sopho.